ADVERTISEMENT

Feeto's Friday Upset Special...

You are right. My wording was wrong.

St. Rita a traditional CCL Blue member has the talent to compete with any team in state as does Montini.

I have a hard time understanding the thought process of white washing and crushing lesser talent by 3+ tds a game. Until Montini, JCA or St rita meet in the playoffs.

Why not bump up to 6a and face competition and talent that is equal?

Hopefully St. Rita makes the playoffs. Losing Henry for the season changes things drastically.

You are right. My wording was wrong.

St. Rita a traditional CCL Blue member has the talent to compete with any team in state as does Montini.

I have a hard time understanding the thought process of white washing and crushing lesser talent by 3+ tds a game. Until Montini, JCA or St rita meet in the playoffs.

Why not bump up to 6a and face competition and talent that is equal?

So Montini, SR and JCA have a grand total of 1 state title and 2 finals appearances in the last 4 years and they need to go up a class why?

Wait, are you a Rice guy too? Related to @go_rice?

Reactions: USD24
If North beats NV.. Naperville PD Investigations needs to be called in... However,...we could see DeKalb get the W over at Memorial Stadium over Naperville Central... would that be an upset?....
Not sure it would be an upset. The Barbs played NV tough a week after getting drilled by E-ville. They have a legit O and a fairly athletic D.

The Panthers of Proviso West over this years Cinderella, Proviso East. West going all out in their Super Bowl.

Per the St. Rita Athletics tweeter page - 2 hours ago - Kaleb Brown received a scholarship offer from The University of Michigan.

So D-1 schools can offer scholarships to high school under-classmen? I did not know that. Is this really true? Seems a bit premature. I can recall a number of high school sophs over the years that looked like world beaters as sophomores, and not so much by senior year.

Not sure it would be an upset. The Barbs played NV tough a week after getting drilled by E-ville. They have a legit O and a fairly athletic D.
Well..that was one for the ages..Central returns the opening KO for a TD.. DeKalb gets their first possession at the 20 and takes 9 plays to score..Central punts and on the Barb's first play from their own 11 score but miss kick and take 13-7 lead.Central goes to the air and Sam Jackson tosses a 68 yd TD pass and after 1 quarter it's 14-13 RedHawks..DeKalb kicks a FG taking a 16-14 lead, and that was all the scoring they would do as it was all RedHawks from there with Jackson throwing TD passes of 27 and 12 yds and it was 28-16 at the half. The second half featured something I have never seen in my 50+ years of watching football...2 pick 6 TD plays by Central..one for 85 yards...the other 100 yards when Jayden Thompson intercepted a DeKalb pass in the Central end zone and ran from one side of the field to the other like he was the invisible Man taking it the distance for the score..these plays we're sandwiched around a 14 yd TD pass from Jackson to Keon Green who ran that opening kickoff back..It was Green's 3rd TD of the night...and so it was 49-16 Redhawks who will need to beat East St Louis next Friday to be playoff eligible..DeKalb has a good team..but low numbers..Edgy and I talked on the phone coming home and agree. The Barbs could be a sleeper in 6A.

I saw Hillcrest's Irving last year as a soph. Haven't seen him yet this year. Saw a lot of great Jr. RB's. Of the one's I've seen, I'd rank them as follows:
1. Kaleb Brown....added size from last year and his speed and explosiveness is off-the-charts
2. Nate Thomas (StL)....plays much bigger than his listed size. A beast to bring down and has good quickness
3. Willie Shaw....good size and speed. Very versatile back
4. Kyle Franklin (IC)....appears a bit smaller than his listed size, but very explosive and runs low

JCA's Jordan Anderson is the best soph RB I've seen...tall with good power and elusiveness. Already has about 1,000 yards.
What a talented group of underclassmen RB’s. Let me give you a report on MC’s Jr. RB Kenenna Odeluga. 6’0 210, old School punishing runner. Due to also playing LB his touches have been lower then others because he gets some series off to rest and missed the De La Salle game entirely. But he still has over 600 yards rushing on about 80 carries and averages about 8 yards a carry. He’s not burner but people just seems to slide off him when they try to tackle him, he has no problem throwing the stiff arm at tacklers. Fun to watch on Offense and Defense.

Reactions: Gene K. and pjjp
Well..that was one for the ages..Central returns the opening KO for a TD.. DeKalb gets their first possession at the 20 and takes 9 plays to score..Central punts and on the Barb's first play from their own 11 score but miss kick and take 13-7 lead.Central goes to the air and Sam Jackson tosses a 68 yd TD pass and after 1 quarter it's 14-13 RedHawks..DeKalb kicks a FG taking a 16-14 lead, and that was all the scoring they would do as it was all RedHawks from there with Jackson throwing TD passes of 27 and 12 yds and it was 28-16 at the half. The second half featured something I have never seen in my 50+ years of watching football...2 pick 6 TD plays by Central..one for 85 yards...the other 100 yards when Jayden Thompson intercepted a DeKalb pass in the Central end zone and ran from one side of the field to the other like he was the invisible Man taking it the distance for the score..these plays we're sandwiched around a 14 yd TD pass from Jackson to Keon Green who ran that opening kickoff back..It was Green's 3rd TD of the night...and so it was 49-16 Redhawks who will need to beat East St Louis next Friday to be playoff eligible..DeKalb has a good team..but low numbers..Edgy and I talked on the phone coming home and agree. The Barbs could be a sleeper in 6A.
Sounds like N.C. finally played a complete game. I might head downtown next Friday to get another peek at East Side.

NV/NN went similarly. 14-14 after 1. NV goes up 21-14 and then NN drives down deep into Cat territory looking to tie heading into HT. NV intercepts it and Gronowski takes them right down the field in less than a minute to kick a FG. 24-14 NV at half and a big momentum booster.

NV then onside kicks the second half kickoff and scores quickly. They onside kick that next one as well, recover it, and score again. The game went from NN potentially tying the game right before half to them being down 38-14 middle of 3rd.

This NV team can light it up or play in a slug fest. Going to be a tough out in the playoffs.

So D-1 schools can offer scholarships to high school under-classmen? I did not know that. Is this really true? Seems a bit premature. I can recall a number of high school sophs over the years that looked like world beaters as sophomores, and not so much by senior year.
I agree it sounds early. Football at the skill positions is getting a lot like travel baseball and club volleyball. Kaleb had made a big splash during the summer camps this year. He's scored 19 TD's and has 1457 all purpose yards. Taken about 90% of his snaps from the running back position but is on everyone's wish list as a WR.

I agree...and IF....if Central were to get by ESL...who do you think they'd be matched up against in the first round? I'll give you a hint...the school is in the same town...different county....

I agree...and IF....if Central were to get by ESL...who do you think they'd be matched up against in the first round? I'll give you a hint...the school is in the same town...different county....
Bring it! Would be another doozie....as they all are.

I know Central has the O to play with the Flyers. Not sure they have the running game to outscore them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT