ADVERTISEMENT

Feeto's Friday Upset Special.....

feeto

Aug 23, 2007
Well it was a great start to the season last week. Lots of really good football, a big win for my Caravan and some outstanding upsets (thanks Kankakee). Unfortunately, this week's upset must have been leaked to the gamblers, because there's no way Marist should be a Gambletron favorite tonight. So, with that in mind, I'll pivot to a different pick. This week's upset is.... The unranked Tigers of Wheaton Warrenville South, over the preseason top 10 highly touted Lions of Lyons Township. WWS beat an always tough Simeon last week, and held them to 1 score. WWS was lead last week by their Mr Everything Maison Haas. This kid had 2 ints, kicked the game winning field goal, punted, returned punts and kicks and manned the burgers on the grill at halftime. LT on the other hand did not look good in their loss to Prospect, getting handled on both sides of the ball. I like the Tigers tonight. Final score.... WWS 24 LT 10. That's this week's upset. What are your thoughts and who is your upset?

I'll go with Lockport over Wheaton North. Great match up between the 7a/8a state champs a few years back!

Reactions: MKEDave
Based on gambletron, which has JC as a 21 pt favorite, the easy upset pick is the Celtics of Providence. However, I think that game is a pick em, so either team winning cant be considered an upset. Therefore, I'm gonna go with Joliet West upsetting the Morris Redskins.

Lockport is ranked at #19.....not even a mention of WN. Not an upset.
I'm not sure what you are looking at. Wheaton North is ranked 6th in the most recent Associated Press 7A poll. They are currently ranked 16th overall in Massey's rankings, and are listed as a 7-point favorite over Lockport by Massey. Although Wheaton North is only ranked 39th overall in the CalPreps rankings, that is still a better ranking than 53rd, which is where Lockport shows up in the CalPreps rankings.

I think Lockport defeating Wheaton North qualifies as a mild upset.

Reactions: feeto
I'm not sure what you are looking at. Wheaton North is ranked 6th in the most recent Associated Press 7A poll. They are currently ranked 16th overall in Massey's rankings, and are listed as a 7-point favorite over Lockport by Massey. Although Wheaton North is only ranked 39th overall in the CalPreps rankings, that is still a better ranking than 53rd, which is where Lockport shows up in the CalPreps rankings.

I think Lockport defeating Wheaton North qualifies as a mild upset.
After reviewing Edgy's preseason top 30 teams in the Chicagoland area, I now see where you found Lockport to be ranked 19th and Wheaton North not mentioned. While 19th seems to be a reasonable ranking for Lockport, not having Wheaton North mentioned at all is clearly an oversight by Edgy. He had St. Charles North ranked 20th and then mentioned a second time in "The Others". Perhaps the second reference was meant to be Wheaton North.

In any case, Lockport versus Wheaton North should be a great game. In my view, and in the view of others previously mentioned (AP, Massey, CalPreps), a victory by Lockport would qualify as a mild upset.

After reviewing Edgy's preseason top 30 teams in the Chicagoland area, I now see where you found Lockport to be ranked 19th and Wheaton North not mentioned. While 19th seems to be a reasonable ranking for Lockport, not having Wheaton North mentioned at all is clearly an oversight by Edgy. He had St. Charles North ranked 20th and then mentioned a second time in "The Others". Perhaps the second reference was meant to be Wheaton North.

In any case, Lockport versus Wheaton North should be a great game. In my view, and in the view of others previously mentioned (AP, Massey, CalPreps), a victory by Lockport would qualify as a mild upset.
Post Script: Just for amusement, I decided to look at who the participants in the "Clown Cup Games" are picking for the game. The result is 64% of the participants are picking Wheaton North to win the game and 36% are picking Lockport to win. So this informal poll also suggests a Lockport win would be a mild upset.

Reactions: Porter1997
Lockport is ranked at #19.....not even a mention of WN. Not an upset.
Thanks for the heads up. I thought everyone was really high on WN, and Lockport was down. Guess I need to do more research before jumping in with the big dogs. Good Luck to everyone's teams this week.

Agree. Lockport not that impressive in week 1.

I think the Roadrunners remember it’s football season tonight and bounce back. Naz over York.

Reactions: SEHSSTORM1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT