ADVERTISEMENT

Feeto's Friday Upset Special........

feeto

Aug 23, 2007
I'll start by thanking my pal JCHilltoppers for jacking my thread on Thursday. Also.... Full apologies to the Men of Rice. First they get Feetoed on Friday, then they walk into a crime scene in their locker room. CM should really be embarrassed. On to this weeks upset. This week I'll take...... The 0-2 Celtics of Providence Catholic over the 2-0 Mustangs of St. Rita. Sorry 79th st fans, but I'm not sold on the Mustangs this year. Yes, they have scored a good deal of points this year, but St. Pats and Rich Central are far from powerhouses. Their D has given up 46 points this year, most of them on the first team defense. Provi, on the other hand, has played 2 high quality opponents already. They have struggled thus far, but this is as close to a "must win" game as you could have in week 3. I'll take the Celtics tonight. Final score.........Provi 35 - Rita 21. That's my upset for this week. What are your thoughts, and who is your upset?

Earlier in the week I stated my feeto's Friday upset would be Simeon over Phillips. I am sticking with it.

Earlier in the week I stated my feeto's Friday upset would be Simeon over Phillips. I am sticking with it.

I have both Provi and Simeon in my Edgy picks this week, but my upset pick is WN taking down NN at NN. WN seems like they might be playing a hot hand and NN seems to be defensively challenged.

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21
Going way out on a limb w/ Fremd over MS. I know could easily, or even likely be MS 45-0- but, that's why is an upset special. MS is coming off back to back emotional charged, high intensity weeks and might be taking Fremd lightly. Fremd on the other hand, staring down 0-3 might show up with some fight???
** Cue instantaneous MS fan rebuttal and declaration of my insanity.

Going way out on a limb w/ Fremd over MS. I know could easily, or even likely be MS 45-0- but, that's why is an upset special. MS is coming off back to back emotional charged, high intensity weeks and might be taking Fremd lightly. Fremd on the other hand, staring down 0-3 might show up with some fight???
** Cue instantaneous MS fan rebuttal and declaration of my insanity.
Well you knew we would come! I can assure you that MS will not take Fremd lightly. It is true that we have had two emotional weeks but last weeks loss has lite a fire I believe. Only time will tell but I'll take the Hawks big.

Well you knew we would come! I can assure you that MS will not take Fremd lightly. It is true that we have had two emotional weeks but last weeks loss has lite a fire I believe. Only time will tell but I'll take the Hawks big.
MS - is the game at Fremd?

Am inclined to think you're right- but in the spirit of upset specials- had to throw it out there. MS didn't become one of the preeminent, elite programs in the state b/c they take weeks off...
Just had an unbeatable Brother Rice/Fremd scenario in my mind.

How is that an upset? Check out the DVC thread, most are picking WN.

apologies...I need to get out more often.

EDIT - Calpreps has NN as 10 pt faves on neutral turf, so two TD faves at home could conceivably be called an upset. Not saying calpreps is all that but...

I wasn't all that certain last week was an upset, I think this week would be even less of an upset.

Last week I thought the familiarity of the two teams would get Rice eventually.

I have both Provi and Simeon in my Edgy picks this week, but my upset pick is WN taking down NN at NN. WN seems like they might be playing a hot hand and NN seems to be defensively challenged.
If so I'd be impressed bc that NN offense is churning out #'s.

If so I'd be impressed bc that NN offense is churning out #'s.

Not to diss NN, but I came away from E'ville last year underwhelmed with their defensive scheme. They had an absolute monster that could create chaos, yet still they never found a way to get him involved and GW moved the ball at will. I love to see NN back and playing great ball, but I get the feeling that WN is no push over on D. Those guys have quietly put together a team that can compete. Stopping the JCA rushing attack was impressive, but NN is a different beast completely. IF WN can slow down NN, they may be a team to watch in 7A.

I just wish I could overcome my need to watch GW at AT tonight as I really want to be at NN.

I'll start by thanking my pal JCHilltoppers for jacking my thread on Thursday. Also.... Full apologies to the Men of Rice. First they get Feetoed on Friday, then they walk into a crime scene in their locker room. CM should really be embarrassed. On to this weeks upset. This week I'll take...... The 0-2 Celtics of Providence Catholic over the 2-0 Mustangs of St. Rita. Sorry 79th st fans, but I'm not sold on the Mustangs this year. Yes, they have scored a good deal of points this year, but St. Pats and Rich Central are far from powerhouses. Their D has given up 46 points this year, most of them on the first team defense. Provi, on the other hand, has played 2 high quality opponents already. They have struggled thus far, but this is as close to a "must win" game as you could have in week 3. I'll take the Celtics tonight. Final score.........Provi 35 - Rita 21. That's my upset for this week. What are your thoughts, and who is your upset?

I'm sure the Mustangs appreciate being in the Feeto crosshairs but to be clear, 26 of the 46 points surrendered have been against the first team D. My prediction: the Augustinians will win!

Yeah, I was trying to get ppl to predict what you would predict, but it turned in to a jack move. My apologizes.

Reactions: feeto

The Sears Building will always be the Sears Building.
Wrigley Field will always be Wrigley Field.
Comiskey Park will always be Comiskey Park.
The Chicago Stadium will always be the Chicago Stadium.
Rahm Emanual is a jerk and will always be a jerk

And the upset special will ALWAYS be Feeto’s!

PC/SR is a toss up. PC should win at home. SR would win if the game was at their place

Mild upset MCHS over Fenwick. MCHS needs the win.

I'm sure the Mustangs appreciate being in the Feeto crosshairs but to be clear, 26 of the 46 points surrendered have been against the first team D. My prediction: the Augustinians will win!
I'll do some quick math here.........26 is MORE than half of 46.

I'll do some quick math here.........26 is MORE than half of 46.

Correct. 56.5% to be exact. I just thought the word "most" implied a larger share than a simple majority. I'm not surprised at your suspect word usage when it comes to numbers since you always stiff me on the tip after I deliver your pies cheapskate!

I am getting a feeling about Hillcrest over Lemont, even though the latter hosts. The last time the Hawks took them down several years ago in upset fashion it was also on the road.

apologies...I need to get out more often.

EDIT - Calpreps has NN as 10 pt faves on neutral turf, so two TD faves at home could conceivably be called an upset. Not saying calpreps is all that but...
My guy has WN as 7 point favorite.....I took the Huskies

I am getting a feeling about Hillcrest over Lemont, even though the latter hosts. The last time the Hawks took them down several years ago in upset fashion it was also on the road.
Nice pick. Could be a statement game for the Hawks.

I'm on Captn Bills boat. I'm taking WN over NN for my upset pick of the week.

And not to toot my own horn too much BUT I believe I was the only one to take LA over AMAT last week. Even the LA guys on the board scoffed at my brashness as it "never gonna happen". They knew about the wiener in the soup and I did not. However, had I known about the weIner situation raising its ugly head, i would have ridiculed my own pick!!

not sure how major an upset but I'll take Lake Park (2-7 last year) over the DeKalb Barb.

But 2-0 this year. People keep sleeping on LP and I'm not sure why. If they stay healthy (they had 4 players out last week in their win over WWS due to injuries from WV game and maybe practice) - they will be a tough out for any 8A playoff team.

With all due respect, I have been hearing about this "Lake Park" since I've been in high school and never actually saw them. I'm starting to wonder if this isn't some big hoax to trick me.

Reactions: capnbillhitters
With all due respect, I have been hearing about this "Lake Park" since I've been in high school and never actually saw them. I'm starting to wonder if this isn't some big hoax to trick me.
Although, would you call a Lake Park win over DeKalb an upset? DeKalb is a good 6A program. Lake Park has beaten WV and WWS and has an enrollment of 2,600. I expect them to beat DeKalb. I would say they are favored.

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21

LOL!! I hear ya. You need more proof. Don't blame you based on the last 5-6 years or so. Alot of season yet to play out. I'm just saying based on what I saw week 1. They are very solid. Now if they lose 10 guys to injury like last year - yeah they are going to take a few poundings. But not when they at full strength.

Is this really an upset? You just gave reasons why it wouldn't be an upset.

Is this really an upset? You just gave reasons why it wouldn't be an upset.
No...... I gave the reasons why the upset would happen.
Providence is without a win
Rita is undefeated.
Edgy has Rita on the watch list.
Beth Long has Rita ranked.
It's an upset.

Last edited:
No...... I gave the reasons why the upset would happen.
Providence is without a win
Rita is undefeated.
Beth Long has Rita ranked.
It's an upset.

Duly noted. I just thought PC was rated higher than the Mustangs going into the season. PC has played a grueling schedule, while Rita has played some "far from powerhouses" opponents. I gotta think PC would be giving SR 3 points this game, since it is in New Lenox. We'll see. Somebody said it correctly, that the Augustinians will come out a winner.

I'm on Captn Bills boat. I'm taking WN over NN for my upset pick of the week.

And not to toot my own horn too much BUT I believe I was the only one to take LA over AMAT last week. Even the LA guys on the board scoffed at my brashness as it "never gonna happen". They knew about the wiener in the soup and I did not. However, had I known about the weIner situation raising its ugly head, i would have ridiculed my own pick!!
I thought that was a boner pick...had to be hard to make that call.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT