ADVERTISEMENT

Does anyone know the new divisions for CCL/ESCC for 2024? They are changing after one year.

I always hated when schools like Hales, St.Joe's,etc trying to build their programs would play a crossover vs Rita,Mt.Carmel,Loyola for a horrible beating & I didn't get it
Tough to build a full competetively balanced schedule and keep it all Catholic and/or private... When the district debates were going on I thought it was funny because catholic schools know the conference struggling as much as perhaps anyone. Been a teneous balancing act for a while.

Was just communicating with a Blue "expert" about whether or not any school could challenge the LA/MC dominance in the CCL/ESCC. Rice seems to be the most likely candidate. They were undefeated on the Frosh level (I know many don't put a lot of stock in that, but it is the most objective measure for future success). They also only had one loss on the soph level. You might not see it next year, but the 25 and 26 seasons bode well for the Crusaders.

It's interesting that LA was 0-3 in the Blue on the Frosh level. When was the last time that happened? The varsity did not seem to skip a beat with Desherow at the helm. I read on here that LA's soph winning streak ended this past season, which was somewhere in the 40s. Can Desherow "recruit" at the same level as Holecek? He sure seems to coach at that level. Can MC also maintain the same level of talent that they've had the last few years? Lynch has been outstanding in that area. We shall see going forward.
Loyolas 2015 team went 2-7 as freshman. One of the best teams they’ve ever had.

I'd love to see LA attempt a national schedule or some hybrid of national and local, but not for the reason you are floating which is that they would have to do it to keep the talent flow coming in. They don't need a national schedule for the talent to come in. It comes in because Loyola is Loyola, playing the schedule they currently play.

TBH, I just don't see LA getting a lot of top end recruits in the first place -- which flies directly in the face of those public school apologists who are convinced that Loyola successfully recruits top talent from far and wide. For years, Loyola's secret sauce has been a combination of excellent coaching mixed with a deep roster of above average players, with very few high end outliers. I will defer to any of the other LA posters on this, but I'm not aware of any current NFL players being former Ramblers. Very few Ramblers ever went on to play in the NFL -- certainly less than some of its CCL brethren like MC and SR.

A good number of Loyola's above average players go on to play D3 ball and LA usually has a handful of FCS-type of players every year. Many/most of LA's FCS players are at Ivy and Pioneer League programs that don't offer football rides. It's super rare to see more than a couple of FBS players in a year, and there are years when they have zero players going on to play in FBS.

I'm not aware of any LA player who has ever looked to play at IMG, much less actually made the jump to play there. Has anyone enrolled as a freshman at IMG with Loyola as their backup choice? Perhaps, but I doubt it.
Only recent NFL player from Loyola is Jimmy Murray to my knowledge. I don’t believe he is on a roster this year but I could be wrong. He went to holy cross.

Naz schedule for 2024 per the Snap Manage website.

1: Kankakee (H)
2: Open
3: Mt. Carmel (A)
4: IC (A)
5: Joliet Catholic (H)
6: St. Rita (H)
7: DeLaSalle (A)
8: Benet (H)
9: St. Francis (A)
All.... Using the word loaded underscores what the Roadrunners have coming back. If they manage to stay healthy it wouldn't surprise me with what you have listed above 7-1 in that group.

Im sure it's somewhere on the board but I couldn't find it. Do you have who they play in week two? Ratsy

Edit - Found it. Nazareth will play Kenwood week two. Make that 8-1. Note fwiw scrimmage game with Evanston 0n 8-23.

Last edited:
If the Caravan go all the way this year, doesn't the formula vault them into 8A for '25?

If the Caravan go all the way this year, doesn't the formula vault them into 8A for '25?
All.... That is correct. Should they make the 2024 final.... win or lose the SF rule will apply for both years (25 &26) of the new two year enrollment average. Ratsy

Reactions: Silver Rain
Will be tough to make the playoffs but kudos on the schedule 💪🏼💪🏼
People said the same thing last year (myself included) and they went on to win 10 games. They should be just fine.

Always tough to lose a guy like Alessio but this year’s team top to bottom should have more talent and experience than last years.

People said the same thing last year (myself included) and they went on to win 10 games. They should be just fine.

Always tough to lose a guy like Alessio but this year’s team top to bottom should have more talent and experience than last years.
Crown 'em!

Reactions: DMurph11
Crown 'em!
Tuccs, I must say I have missed you during my offseason absence.

I know it’s inconceivable to you that I would audaciously imply that SF might actually be okay next year, but shockingly enough it may actually be true.

I would also like to point you to several posts stating that Naz will, and I quote: “clock everyone in their division” this coming year, so no longer can you wear that underdog hat you love so much.

To many posters on this board, they will be shocked if lowly Franny is somehow able to keep the clock stopped on first downs in week 9.

2 time defending state champs Nazareth belongs in the Blue and BR belongs in the green with SR. If Naz stays in the green they are going to come close too clocking everyone else in the green.
@tuccs ^ let’s just hope the clocks don’t run for the Spartans next year. Looks like it’s Naz who should be handed the trophy this preseason.

I’m not sure with all the rule changes going on, does anyone know what the contact rules are and is it different for CCL teams? I literally seen a CCL team practicing with the head coach and offensive staff on the field, running plays.

• Haha
Reactions: chakazulu89
No disrespect to Iggy but Marist should be in the Blue this year. I reaize there is a formula but Marist is one of the larger 8A schools. I realize they've had horrible luck vs MC but they've played LA and Rice well over the past couple of years

No disrespect to Iggy but Marist should be in the Blue this year. I reaize there is a formula but Marist is one of the larger 8A schools. I realize they've had horrible luck vs MC but they've played LA and Rice well over the past couple of years
They aren’t even in the Green, they are in the Orange this year which caused some friction with the players, they want to play MC and LA

They aren’t even in the Green, they are in the Orange this year which caused some friction with the players, they want to play MC and LA
Yikes - St Francis should be in Orange while Marist at a minimum should be in the Green (if not Blue).

Yikes - St Francis should be in Orange while Marist at a minimum should be in the Green (if not Blue).
Check on their schedule on MaxPrep. Outside of BR if I’m a Southsider it’s not the schedule I want to play. It’s like Laurence’s schedule the past few years

Check on their schedule on MaxPrep. Outside of BR if I’m a Southsider it’s not the schedule I want to play. It’s like Laurence’s schedule the past few years
its like they're back in the old ESCC - I agree if I am a parent outside of the Rice and Iggy games no Rita no MC no LA no Naz

Does a good schedule outweigh wins and losses? They will go 8-1 or 9-0 and the coach will look like he turned it around in year one. Then they will go to green.

All anyone will remember about St Laurence last year is they made it to a state championship.

I don't know if Marist can go 9-0 or 8-1 - granted anything can happen but they lost a lot. They have McAuliffe back and a transfer QB in from LWE (Ritter) who is good but didn't get a lot of playing time as Junior. WR Smith (tall guy) is really good but will he put hoops future (where he is High D1) at risk? Rice and Provy will be good games for them

I don't know if Marist can go 9-0 or 8-1 - granted anything can happen but they lost a lot. They have McAuliffe back and a transfer QB in from LWE (Ritter) who is good but didn't get a lot of playing time as Junior. WR Smith (tall guy) is really good but will he put hoops future (where he is High D1) at risk? Rice and Provy will be good games for them
2 other WR's from their team left to go to LW east.

2 other WR's from their team left to go to LW east.
Which WRs transferred to LWE? I know the kid out of Bolingbrook QB transferred to LWE so assuming that might be reason why to go to LWE. Marist D should be solid with Anderson, Fitzgibbon

Does a good schedule outweigh wins and losses? They will go 8-1 or 9-0 and the coach will look like he turned it around in year one. Then they will go to green.

All anyone will remember about St Laurence last year is they made it to a state championship.
They made the 4A State game. Marist will have a much tougher task in 8A.

Which WRs transferred to LWE? I know the kid out of Bolingbrook QB transferred to LWE so assuming that might be reason why to go to LWE. Marist D should be solid with Anderson, Fitzgibbon
I know one of their top WR moved to Georgia, Devin Hamilton

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT