ADVERTISEMENT

DePaul 38 St. Francis 41 Final OT

This one and really all of SF season was confusing for me. DP definitely looks good and will be a force. I just don’t understand essentially all that SF lost was a (really good don’t get me wrong) QB and I know they are still playoff clinchers but some close games when I thought they’d be blowout wins beating LA then going to OT with DP it’s a rollercoaster for sure and I’m excited for next week or at least optimistic it won’t be the 3 score drubbing that happened just 365 days ago in week 9 at home.

This one and really all of SF season was confusing for me. DP definitely looks good and will be a force. I just don’t understand essentially all that SF lost was a (really good don’t get me wrong) QB and I know they are still playoff clinchers but some close games when I thought they’d be blowout wins beating LA then going to OT with DP it’s a rollercoaster for sure and I’m excited for next week or at least optimistic it won’t be the 3 score drubbing that happened just 365 days ago in week 9 at home.
It’ll be the rematch that matters.

SF is good but not on Naz level this year. IMO they are a year away.
Agree. Just not “clicking” this year outside of the Loyola game. Compared to last year they have had to replace their best defensive player, much of the O-Line, and Alessio. It’s a younger team this year (they’ll return like 17 starters next year) and just aren’t there quite yet.

SF this year is a dangerous team that has talent and can beat anyone, but can also lose to anyone, on any given day.

I don’t have high expectations for them this post-season, like you said SIU they’re still a year away.

Agree. Just not “clicking” this year outside of the Loyola game. Compared to last year they have had to replace their best defensive player, much of the O-Line, and Alessio. It’s a younger team this year (they’ll return like 17 starters next year) and just aren’t there quite yet.

SF this year is a dangerous team that has talent and can beat anyone, but can also lose to anyone, on any given day.

I don’t have high expectations for them this post-season, like you said SIU they’re still a year away.
They had a good WR transfer too didn't they?

My son is the starting right tackle for DP Prep. I gotta tell ya. That game was a true slobberknocker!! Both squads kept hitting each other in the mouth until the last whistle.
It was an electric atmosphere!! Congrats to SF on a well deserved win. The DP boys learned a lot about themselves Friday night. We will make noise in the playoffs.

My son is the starting right tackle for DP Prep. I gotta tell ya. That game was a true slobberknocker!! Both squads kept hitting each other in the mouth until the last whistle.
It was an electric atmosphere!! Congrats to SF on a well deserved win. The DP boys learned a lot about themselves Friday night. We will make noise in the playoffs.
DP will make noise and the future is very bright.

Reactions: DMurph11
They had a good WR transfer too didn't they?
Receiver room plenty stacked though.

Have a senior who is an Illinois state commit

Have a junior who has 10+ FBS offers including Miami and Wisconsin

Have another junior who has a few smaller D1
offers.

The receiving corps, despite the transfer, is still by far the strength of the roster.

I went to this game. A couple of observations:

DePaul - As well coached at STF. Seriously…very well coached. About a year older than STF on average (my guesstimate). What great playmakers they have, especially their QB. I can see this team as a semifinalist.

Carbon copies- at times, it looked like STF vs STF…. Or DePaul vs DePaul.

STF - very good, very young, limited leadership (which will change with maturity). They are sooooo banged up and are missing three starters for the year. With that, they find a way. That’s also great coaching and athletes. They will win one or two playoff games, but they won’t go deep this year.

If I had to pick a game to see this year… this would’ve been it.

The schedule STF plays has been insane. Remember….this team is built to be the best in the state next year… and I mean that. I think they will return 18 starters. If STF can get another 10 players of depth, they might not be beatable in 25’… in any class.

With all that, don’t put down STF for a close game in this league. Rather, DePaul deserves a ton of credit. Fantastic team and very, very well coached.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT