ADVERTISEMENT

CS8 Predictions-Week 1

Cardinal Ritter's game last night was cancelled due to weather. They are facing a Missouri team that was 10-2 last year and lost only to Edwardsville and Christian Brothers.

Chatham's Week 2 opponent (North County Bonne Terre Missouri) won 24-17 over a team that went 6-6 last year.

Last edited:
Reactions: FB1976
What exactly would you suggest? For anyone with a half a brain you can see that it's basically a sophmore team with a few varsity helpers. To run plays you have to have an O line that isn't getting their tails kicked on every single play. I don't care WHAT kind of offense you run. With no line play you will have no success. The bottom line is they didn't belong on the field with that team, and any thinking person who knows the situation knew that was going to happen down there. In case you weren't aware we were playing a senior dominated team with several future D 1 players on it with a bunch of young kids. If I had one gripe it would be to NOT schedule teams that you have absolutely no business being on the field with. On to week 2.
Well all things being equal I would have tried running the ball. The sit pass wasn't working. Not sure about their TEs but SHG should maybe use TE dumps or streaks and power running in old school formations (Power-I) Try to get 3-4s and not trying to RPO against a RPO juggernaut!

Final-Rochester 35 Simeon 14. 2 rushing TD's by Ethan Fordham and 1 by Eli Carlson as the running attack improved as the game went on. Defense only gave up 1 score as the other Simeon TD was on a kickoff return. Rockets usually give up 2 to 3 of those a year even with mostly squibbing or pooching kickoffs. Lach Sullivan had 2 FG's and several well-placed kickoffs. The return TD was due to several missed tackles and a non-call by the refs on a block in the back.

Final- Edwardsville 14 Chatham 7. Couldn't get back in time for this one. Hats off to Chatham for taking this to the final minute. While at the pregame last night before the storms hit, I thought they were much smaller than the Tigers and in for a long night. Looking forward to the 1450 highlights. Playing this close will help the Titans once they shift to conference play.

Final- Springfield 44 Champaign Central 12. 4TD's by RB Armanze Lewis. Nice start for the Senators.

Last edited:
All.... CS8 games from week one. Ratsy

Week 2 Matchups

East Division
Chatham (0-1) at Bon Terre North County MO (1-0)
U High (1-0) at Bloomington (1-0)
Cardinal Ritter (1-0) at Rochester (1-0)

West Division
Richmond Burton (1-0) at QND (0-1)
East Peoria (1-0) at Lanphier (0-1)
Mascoutah (0-1) at SHG (0-1)

East vs West
Eisenhower (0-1) at Jacksonville (1-0)
Springfield (1-0) at MacArthur (1-0)
Lincoln (1-0) at Southeast (0-1) (Game at Memorial Stadium Saturday)

U High and Bloomington should be a good "bragging rights" type contest.

Rochester faces a Cardinal Ritter team that thumped a solid Missouri opponent 44-7 in Week 1.

I'm weighing whether QND could upset Richmond Burton, which is a very good program that recently seems to have fallen off just a bit. RB won in Week 1 but only 21-7. QND hung in there for a half against 7A Quincy.

The last time Springfield played at MacArthur in '22 they led throughout only to lose on the game's final play. Both teams won big in Week 1. The winner of this game will have a huge leg up in making the playoffs.

Reactions: cigaros
All.... Calling Rocketnation! I was only able to listen to bits and pieces of the Rocket/Simeon game yesterday in passing. Steve Bridge mentioned on the radio broadcast a defensive tackle that Rochester picked up that had really showed well all during the summer practice sessions and was in the mix in the game yesterday.

Can't remember his name or exact postion on the line. I do recall Steve mentioned the player comes from a small town in the near area. Any idea who it is and his position? Ratsy

All.... Calling Rocketnation! I was only able to listen to bits and pieces of the Rocket/Simeon game yesterday in passing. Steve Bridge mentioned on the radio broadcast a defensive tackle that Rochester picked up that had really showed well all during the summer practice sessions and was in the mix in the game yesterday.

Can't remember his name or exact postion on the line. I do recall Steve mentioned the player comes from a small town in the near area. Any idea who it is and his position? Ratsy
I think there is a Sophomore DL that moved in from either Auburn or Pawnee. If you watch the 1450 highlights from yesterday, I think at one point you see him blowing up a run play (#69). I believe his name is Colton Maltby.

Current DeSoto Texas (ranked 4th in the nation by USA Today) and former MacArthur RB Myson Johnson Cook had 2 TD's in a 70-0 Week 1 victory over a team from Georgia.
that's crazy because I was told at desoto, sophs only play soph football from a reliable source. were his td's as a starter or in a mop up role?

Reactions: rocketnation
Week 2 Matchup

East vs West
Springfield (1-0) at MacArthur (1-0)

U High and Bloomington should be a good "bragging rights" type contest.
anxiously awaiting news on the shs/dec mac game. I was told, again from a reliable source, that dec mac's field wasn't finished as of last week, and millikin's field won't be available this coming friday. if so, shs was scheduled for 1 saturday game this season would now have a 3rd saturday game. anyone know anything about the field's status.

uhigh/bhs is the biggest matchup next week, imo.

that's crazy because I was told at desoto, sophs only play soph football from a reliable source. were his td's as a starter or in a mop up role?
One in each half but it looks like he might be sharing time or running 2nd to a Senior who has committed to Texas A&M.

The team they wiped out played for a state title in Georgia last year.

Last edited:
All.... CS8 games from week one. Ratsy

I’m still boggled why hurdling a tackler is illegal. This game was very chippy. Simeon couldn’t keep their mouths shut. And then again, neither did Rochester. The cornerback from Simeon, jersey #1, had to be pulled from the handshake line because he was so embarrassed about his performance after getting demolished by the Rockets receivers and pulling guards who were blocking him. He was also upset he was getting beat all day.

I’m still boggled why hurdling a tackler is illegal. This game was very chippy. Simeon couldn’t keep their mouths shut. And then again, neither did Rochester. The cornerback from Simeon, jersey #1, had to be pulled from the handshake line because he was so embarrassed about his performance after getting demolished by the Rockets receivers and pulling guards who were blocking him. He was also upset he was getting beat all day.
Former Rocket DE Jack Swaney was blistering #1 during the game. His little brother Nate is starting at CB as a Soph.

Both KL and BL also had plenty of commentary from the bleachers but directed at the refs. A long hot afternoon, made longer by the constant ref huddles after penalty calls.

• Haha
Former Rocket DE Jack Swaney was blistering #1 during the game. His little brother Nate is starting at CB as a Soph.

Both KL and BL also had plenty of commentary from the bleachers but directed at the refs. A long hot afternoon, made longer by the constant ref huddles after penalty calls.
I was watching that. It seemed that cornerback was more focused on the smack talk from the bleachers than on his assignments. And this is why he kept getting burnt.

There’s a nice set of screenshots of Jacobs hurdling him on the Rocket fan Facebook page

Sure am... 🤣🤣🤣 Imagine flexing on a loss. That's a loser mentality.

what's the difference between QND and Chatham?

Nothing. They're both 0-1

Help us hold that L, losers.
Who's flexing? You are a disgruntled boy. Life isn't going the way you wanted so you spew your vile on social media. This has nothing to do with QND. You thought BIG BAD Edwardsville would come down to lil ole Chatham and destroy the Titans. That's why I said "still laughing!" Yes I picked Chatham to win. I'm a homer what else would I do but give the positive affirmation to reflect my hopes and my belief that Chatham prepares well for opponents!

You seriously need to do some self-reflection because you're a joke of a boy who refuses to grow the **** up!

Get some help because these unresolved issues need fixed or you will be a terrible old man! TRUTHFULLY!!!

On a side note. You just ****ed up your stupid stand that Rochester should play up. Why should anyone play up just to lose. What do they benefit by playing bigger schools with better athletes to choose from? WHY SHOULD ANYONE PLAY UP SO YOU CAN BASH THEM ON SOCIAL MEDIA FOR LOSING YOU ****ING LOSER! Everyone here will see you ATTEMPT to deflect away from your mental illness and eschewed point of view.

I'm sure there are others like you, as birds of a feather... will agree with your faulty logic because stupidity is ramped in younger people. I'm sure you will try but believe me boy you are a sad, very sad, boy!!!

Your replies and rebuttals should be entertaining for all of us!

Who's flexing? You are a disgruntled boy. Life isn't going the way you wanted so you spew your vile on social media. This has nothing to do with QND. You thought BIG BAD Edwardsville would come down to lil ole Chatham and destroy the Titans. That's why I said "still laughing!" Yes I picked Chatham to win. I'm a homer what else would I do but give the positive affirmation to reflect my hopes and my belief that Chatham prepares well for opponents!

You seriously need to do some self-reflection because you're a joke of a boy who refuses to grow the **** up!

Get some help because these unresolved issues need fixed or you will be a terrible old man! TRUTHFULLY!!!

On a side note. You just ****ed up your stupid stand that Rochester should play up. Why should anyone play up just to lose. What do they benefit by playing bigger schools with better athletes to choose from? WHY SHOULD ANYONE PLAY UP SO YOU CAN BASH THEM ON SOCIAL MEDIA FOR LOSING YOU ****ING LOSER! Everyone here will see you ATTEMPT to deflect away from your mental illness and eschewed point of view.

I'm sure there are others like you, as birds of a feather... will agree with your faulty logic because stupidity is ramped in younger people. I'm sure you will try but believe me boy you are a sad, very sad, boy!!!

Your replies and rebuttals should be entertaining for all of us!
Honestly, I thought Edwardsville was going to destroy Chatham as well. I was pleasantly surprised to see the crimson keep that game close.

But thank you for setting that QNB fan straight. The contradictions within so many of his comments become mind numbingly annoying.

Last edited:

Just found out that DB currently has offers from Marshall, Kent, and Akron. And Mason Jacobs owned him all afternoon.

Awe... you're such a softy.

0-1

L firmly in grip.

Good on you, girl.

Honestly, I thought Edwardsville was going to destroy Chatham as well. I was pleasantly surprised to see the crimson keep that game close.

But thank you for setting that QNB fan straight. The contradictions within so many of his comments become mind numbingly annoying.
Honestly, I find it hysterical how cheap the rent is. Inflation hasn't affected the price of space within you and AuburnTreeKitty's heads one bit.

I also appreciate that you're capable of showing compassion for your significant other who's clearly going through something...
Because this is alarming, I feel it needs to be stated. I'm not sure how much he snort, I mean took intravenously... I mean drank to come up with this doozy in his brain, then believe it, then attach it to me... The AuburnKitty was feeling some type of way when the BOLD ALL CAPS came out. That's Boomer code for "I'm real angry with you young folk"

I'll hide my daughter and wife, don't want the women and children to catch any stray fists or verbal abuse from this lunatic. Meds, make sure he's taking them as prescribed, cigareo. I think we can all agree society is better off if he's sedated. If only to make going out in public safer knowing he's around. He's giving off some strong Teddy Daniels Shutter Island vibes... Wild how the brain works, isn't it?

"Stupidity is ramped in younger people" It takes a village they say... well I guess the village isn't doing much if the kids are all stupid...

"Stupidity is ramped in younger people" It takes a village they say... well I guess the village isn't doing much if the kids are all stupid...
Is this some idiom I'm unfamiliar with, or did you just call someone stupid while typing "ramped" instead of "rampant"

• Haha
Reactions: Gene K.
Is this some idiom I'm unfamiliar with, or did you just call someone stupid while typing "ramped" instead of "rampant"
I simply quoted the guy calling me stupid... Sometimes, they lob you an easy one to hit.

AlabamaTimberwolf

Reactions: gobears25
Awe... you're such a softy.

0-1

L firmly in grip.

Good on you,
SEE! You have to comment to protect your pathetically weak ego. GET SOME HELP!!! You are a boy to the man I am but its ok if you call me a girl. You can't hurt a real man with words boy!~ You lack self control.

SEE! You have to comment to protect your pathetically weak ego. GET SOME HELP!!! You are a boy to the man I am but its ok if you call me a girl. You can't hurt a real man with words boy!~ You lack self control.
🤣 You have the weakest mind of any poster I've ever met on any high school message board. Your red nose isn't necessary, we know you're a clown. Careful though, don't get too close to me. Some of my "ramped" stupidity might rub off on you.

0-1

L on your forehead... call you Smashmouth

24-13 Less than a minute before HT
Glenwood can't stop Bonne Terre and their power running. When Bonne Terre gets in a long situation they got shotgun and seem to have a guy wide open. If they lose this game they have SHG and Rochester waiting. Finishing 5-4 gets the Titans a 1st round game with EStL.

Reactions: RoaminCatholic
24-13 Less than a minute before HT
Glenwood can't stop Bonne Terre and their power running. When Bonne Terre gets in a long situation they got shotgun and seem to have a guy wide open. If they lose this game they have SHG and Rochester waiting. Finishing 5-4 gets the Titans a 1st round game with EStL.
It looks like things turned around for the Titans

Reactions: FB1976
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT