ADVERTISEMENT

CS8 Predictions Week 8

Week 9 Matchups and a few observations

SHG (8-0) at Southeast (1-7) game to be played at SHG w/Southeast the home team
Rochester (7-1) at MacArthur (5-3)
U High (3-5) at Jacksonville (5-3)
Eisenhower (1-7) at Chatham (6-2)
Springfield (3-5) at Lanphier (1-7) game Saturday at Southeast

Southeast has some talent and returned an experienced QB and RB this season but are now going to finish 1-8 and tied for last in the conference.

The Southeast-Eisenhower game drew absolutely no local coverage. I have no idea how the game played out and didn’t get a score until about 10:30 last night. I know they were a combined 1-13 going in but it seemed to end up being a pretty good game.

Jacksonville will likely end up 6-3, but they didn’t show well at all against Rochester last night. Whether they end up in 4A or 5A, they will need to be much better to have a chance at getting out of the first round. I will say the same for Mac, who should be in 5A. A win is a win but last night was a poor performance. Remember U High lost to Springfield at home earlier this year by 3 scores.

Chatham should get a 6A home game with their 7-2 record. I think they have a reasonable chance to get to the second round but am unsure if they can go any farther.

After giving up 62 points to SHG opening night, the Rocket defense has given up only 70 points over the next seven weeks.

Reactions: cigaros
Southeast has some talent and returned an experienced QB and RB this season but are now going to finish 1-8 and tied for last in the conference.

The Southeast-Eisenhower game drew absolutely no local coverage. I have no idea how the game played out and didn’t get a score until about 10:30 last night. I know they were a combined 1-13 going in but it seemed to end up being a pretty good game.
se is on their 4th qb. carter hood got the start vs shs and dec ike.

what do you want to know about the se/ike game? just watched opening drive. ike took the opening ko and ran 16 plays to go up 7-0.

Reactions: rocketnation
se is on their 4th qb. carter hood got the start vs shs and dec ike.

what do you want to know about the se/ike game? just watched opening drive. ike took the opening ko and ran 16 plays to go up 7-0.
Was it back and forth and did SE have a chance to win late?

Ike had a big target (at least 6’4” and over 200) who had a nice long catch against Rochester who was also listed in the roster as a QB. Did he do anything in the game? Sorry, don’t have a # or name.

Thanks!

Was it back and forth and did SE have a chance to win late?

Ike had a big target (at least 6’4” and over 200) who had a nice long catch against Rochester who was also listed in the roster as a QB. Did he do anything in the game? Sorry, don’t have a # or name.

Thanks!
se 1st series punt.
dec ike a couple of runs and a long pass. 14-0.
se 2nd series picked.
dec 4 and out.
se 1st play fumble away.
dec short field td. pat no good. 20-0.
se drives for td and 2 pt conversion. 20-8.
dec fumbles 1st play.
se short field td. no video on pat. so at least 20-14.
dec drives but runs out of time.
halftime.

Week 9 Matchups and a few observations

SHG (8-0) at Southeast (1-7) game to be played at SHG w/Southeast the home team
Rochester (7-1) at MacArthur (5-3)
U High (3-5) at Jacksonville (5-3)
Eisenhower (1-7) at Chatham (6-2)
Springfield (3-5) at Lanphier (1-7) game Saturday at Southeast

Jacksonville will likely end up 6-3, but they didn’t show well at all against Rochester last night. Whether they end up in 4A or 5A, they will need to be much better to have a chance at getting out of the first round. I will say the same for Mac, who should be in 5A. A win is a win but last night was a poor performance. Remember U High lost to Springfield at home earlier this year by 3 scores.

Chatham should get a 6A home game with their 7-2 record. I think they have a reasonable chance to get to the second round but am unsure if they can go any farther.

After giving up 62 points to SHG opening night, the Rocket defense has given up only 70 points over the next seven weeks.
J'ville will be on the road for the first round, I would guess. I hope their performance against the Rockets is not a portend of how they will play in their first round game. I remember the beatdown Mahomet-Seymour administered to them in the first round last year. It was NOT a pretty sight!

Chatham going any further than the second round could indeed be tough. It seems that lately, the southern group of 16 in 6A has included the usual suspects (Lemont, Oak Lawn Richards, Crete-Monee, and a team whose name escapes me at the moment😁)!!

I also don't see MacArthur going anywhere. Given their struggles against good teams this year, I don't think they will fair well against whomever they face in their first round game. With their likely 5-4 record, they will have a tough draw.

Last edited:
se 1st series punt.
dec ike a couple of runs and a long pass. 14-0.
se 2nd series picked.
dec 4 and out.
se 1st play fumble away.
dec short field td. pat no good. 20-0.
se drives for td and 2 pt conversion. 20-8.
dec fumbles 1st play.
se short field td. no video on pat. so at least 20-14.
dec drives but runs out of time.
halftime.
se moves the ball but turns it over on downs.
dec 4 and out.
se moves ball, but turns over on downs.
dec moves the ball around 60yds with big run and big pass on 4th down. pat blocked. 26-16.
se started the the drive on +43, but now are punting from the -27.
dec 4th down gives se the ball on the se 11.
se 1st play 65yd run. 5 plays td. 2pt no good. 26-22.
dec 3 and out.
se moves ball from -36 to +25 and fumbles ball away.
dec takes a knee 2 plays and game over.

se moves the ball but turns it over on downs.
dec 4 and out.
se moves ball, but turns over on downs.
dec moves the ball around 60yds with big run and big pass on 4th down. pat blocked. 26-16.
se started the the drive on +43, but now are punting from the -27.
dec 4th down gives se the ball on the se 11.
se 1st play 65yd run. 5 plays td. 2pt no good. 26-22.
dec 3 and out.
se moves ball from -36 to +25 and fumbles ball away.
dec takes a knee 2 plays and game over.
Thanks! Happy for the Eisenhower kids that they got a Win. No 0-9 teams in the conference this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT