ADVERTISEMENT

Bears

I caution believing anything out of Lake Forest for the next 116 days. Poker is derived from the German game Pochen and a French game Poque, both referring to the bluffing attempts of its participants.

Reactions: Silver Rain
A new staff will be known right away or we are all doomed..
True but it’s 116 days. A convenient leak of coaching status by NFL lifer Greg Gabriel early in this process could expand and firm up the price of a trade for JF1 without causing drama from the asking team(s) and not rousing the NFL’s tampering policy.

While tampering rules regarding free agents are pretty clear (but still done), tampering rules on trades are more ambiguous. But the NFL enjoys being a 12 month content machine so they like to send out memos to the teams to remind them that there is a time and place for everything on their 12 month schedule. So trade talk is definitely frowned upon by the league office but don’t know if there’s harsher penalties than just a shush from the NFL.

But you get to sidestep all that with this leak. If Gabriel ran to X with everything he hears, no one would talk to him ever again. A couple of weeks ago, Biggs posted and reported how all the GMs dislike JF1s game.

One leak (by Gabriel) implies the Bears are all in on JF1 and one (Biggs) implies they are all in on moving on. We’re not used to the Bears being this creative in sizing up both potential markets for their current QB and their draft asset, but it sure is darn entertaining.

If you clean house you clean house and it happens quickly…that IMO tells us what happens…
I agree.

All I’m saying is since that can’t happen yet (not saying it will or won’t) and not knowing how many ‘friends’ of the Raiders, Patriots and Falcons are ‘looking’ at the Bears situation, I exercise caution around ‘leaks’ and confirm upon actions. So we almost see it the same way.

The thing that perked my senses was Gabriel doing the post. His timeline is so vanilla for a guy that knows so much that it was a weird time and odd info to decide to get spicy. Maybe it is all true. Maybe he’s sleep deprived (like me😂) and said ‘screw it, I’m going to lose all the confidence I’ve gained over my career and start going public with everything everyone tells me.’. I don’t know. I’m going to bed. I’m in too deep.

guys, one of the reasons that the Bears have been crap for the last several decades is that they are constantly resetting the clock and starting over. It's time to take a different tack. I say keep Fields, bagent is a good #2. Keep Flus and perhaps change Offensive coordinators. or at least make Getsy go to the booth insteadh of the sidelines

What does he give you over someone even like Getsy? Look at his years after Luck bowed out. Underperforming offenses to the past two years of absolute futility. I think he's a nice guy, but he's not someone who raises the level of all boats.

Reactions: RockSoup
Here is how the Bears need to draft in the upcoming draft by position...

1st pick. WR only if it's Harrison
2nd pick OL
3rd pick DL
4th pick LB
5th pick QB
6th pick DB Replace E Jackson

Last edited:
Here is how the Bears need to draft in the upcoming draft by position...

1st pick. WR only if it's Harrison
2nd pick OL
3rd pick DL
4th pick LB
5th pick QB
6th pick Corner
Who are you replacing on the OL with a top 10 pick? They need a Center and then depth, otherwise the OL starters are fine. They're not taking a Center in the first round.

They just signed two high end LBs, they're fine there.

Everyone loves Bagent as a backup, some even think he's a starter, so why waste a draft pick on a 3rd string QB? Sign a free agent or an UDFA

Both corners are good and they just drafted Stevenson last year.

Take Harrison #1 then take the best Edge rusher available with the other pick. I like Dallas Turner from Bama or Verse from FSU. They don't have a 2nd round pick so start looking to take a Center or a Safety to replace Jackson in the 3rd round. They can find an interior DL in free agency.

Who are you replacing on the OL with a top 10 pick? They need a Center and then depth, otherwise the OL starters are fine. They're not taking a Center in the first round.

They just signed two high end LBs, they're fine there.

Everyone loves Bagent as a backup, some even think he's a starter, so why waste a draft pick on a 3rd string QB? Sign a free agent or an UDFA

Both corners are good and they just drafted Stevenson last year.

Take Harrison #1 then take the best Edge rusher available with the other pick. I like Dallas Turner from Bama or Verse from FSU. They don't have a 2nd round pick so start looking to take a Center or a Safety to replace Jackson in the 3rd round. They can find an interior DL in free agency.
4A - I’m starting to come around on Harrison at 1 overall… plus I do agree with EDGE with our other pick.

I’d really still love to trade down. I don’t think our 3rd round pick is high enough to bank on finding a starting NFL Center. Sure it can happen, but I’d love to find a way to get a pick in late 30s/early 40s and grab Beebe RG to convert or a C.

4A - I’m starting to come around on Harrison at 1 overall… plus I do agree with EDGE with our other pick.

I’d really still love to trade down. I don’t think our 3rd round pick is high enough to bank on finding a starting NFL Center. Sure it can happen, but I’d love to find a way to get a pick in late 30s/early 40s and grab Beebe RG to convert or a C.
I initially wanted them to trade down get more picks, but I’d love to see them get Harrison. It’s unlikely those two things will be possible. Tired of hearing from the pundits about how WR can’t be drafted 1 overall. WR bust rate is way lower than QB, and MHJ looks like a bona fide stud. Go ahead and draft a QB, but later on.

The majority of starting NFL Centers are drafted in rounds 4-7. Unless there's a truly elite Center out there you're over valuing the position by taking one in the 2nd round.

There were 3 Centers taken in the 2nd round last year, one was moved to Guard, one has been injured, and one is a starter for the Giants and he was head and shoulders the best Center last year out of Minnesota.

There's a handful of good Centers in this draft so why draft a guard and try and make him change positions?

Bears looked good today. Atlanta isn’t great, but they were in their division race and had motivation to win.

Reactions: 4Afan
Arizona winning helps the Bears with the ability to trade the #1 too. Arizona would now pick 4th.

There will be a million scenarios before the draft, but you know NE and Wash want QB’s. Trade the #1 to Wash so they get in front of NE to draft the QB they want. Bears at #3 get Harrison, and add other draft picks.

Arizona winning helps the Bears with the ability to trade the #1 too. Arizona would now pick 4th.

There will be a million scenarios before the draft, but you know NE and Wash want QB’s. Trade the #1 to Wash so they get in front of NE to draft the QB they want. Bears at #3 get Harrison, and add other draft picks.
Unless Arizona trades to two to get mhj

Reactions: Gene K.
Unless Arizona trades to two to get mhj
Just my opinion, but if they decide to keep Fields, the #1 pick is way too valuable to keep. Trade it to one of the “QB goofy” teams, and get a haul for it. That will help the Bears more than a WR, even one that might be really good.

Reactions: stl705
I still like Harrison at 1 unless someone does something similar to the Panthers last year, giving us a stud and picks. Solidify LT with Alt or Fashanu if available with the Bears pick. 3rd round IOL and DL. 4th on, best available need.

Just my opinion, but if they decide to keep Fields, the #1 pick is way too valuable to keep. Trade it to one of the “QB goofy” teams, and get a haul for it. That will help the Bears more than a WR, even one that might be really good.
Why do you think the Bears will be able to name any price they want for the #1 pick? Right now the QB needy teams are Washington at 2, NE at 3, maybe the Giants at 5, the Falcons at 9, and Vegas at 11. The only way you get a "haul" is from the Falcons or Raiders. If Bears commit to Fields then everyone knows they're not taking a QB so Washington wouldn't need to trade up, that leaves the Pats and they're not giving up what you think they are to move up just 2 spots.

I don't get why everyone wants to tinker and move around when it's not needed. Harrison is the best player in the draft and the Bears have the #1 pick, how is this not as straight forward as it gets?

Why do you think the Bears will be able to name any price they want for the #1 pick? Right now the QB needy teams are Washington at 2, NE at 3, maybe the Giants at 5, the Falcons at 9, and Vegas at 11. The only way you get a "haul" is from the Falcons or Raiders. If Bears commit to Fields then everyone knows they're not taking a QB so Washington wouldn't need to trade up, that leaves the Pats and they're not giving up what you think they are to move up just 2 spots.

I don't get why everyone wants to tinker and move around when it's not needed. Harrison is the best player in the draft and the Bears have the #1 pick, how is this not as straight forward as it gets?
With the cardinals not getting being top 3 helps a lot. Can get Washington’s and Pats to bet against each other. Could then trade the 2 to Washington.

Is QB league both need a qb… the only curveball would be where Russ lands

In “Non-Harrison mega haul options”, What about the Titans at 6? Who else could they be looking at? Nabors? Bowers? LT?

I think Titans are on the Hotbutton and 1st on the list for Bears to talk with. Raiders and Falcons are farther on the list and would need to offer 3x 1st rd picks.

Titans offer:
6 overall
37 overall
2025 1st
2025 2nd
2026 2nd

• Haha
I want Harrison Jr but I heard he's not the best WR in his family. I heard his much younger brother is going to be better Just an interesting tidbit.

With the cardinals not getting being top 3 helps a lot. Can get Washington’s and Pats to bet against each other. Could then trade the 2 to Washington.

Is QB league both need a qb… the only curveball would be where Russ lands
What? Right now Washington has the 2 pick, so the Pats could trade up with Bears, but you're not getting a big return for them to move up 2 spots. Let's say they both want Williams and the Bears asking price is through the roof for the top pick then both those teams stay where they're at and the other takes Maye. It's not like there's a big gap between the two. If Williams was far and away the best prospect and there weren't other top QBs out there then maybe the Bears could get a little more but this is a good QB class so no one is giving up too much of their future draft capital to only move up a few spots. Perfect example is what Carolina gave up last year. Teams won't make that mistake again.

In “Non-Harrison mega haul options”, What about the Titans at 6? Who else could they be looking at? Nabors? Bowers? LT?

I think Titans are on the Hotbutton and 1st on the list for Bears to talk with. Raiders and Falcons are farther on the list and would need to offer 3x 1st rd picks.

Titans offer:
6 overall
37 overall
2025 1st
2025 2nd
2026 2nd
Titans just drafted Will Levis last year, they're not giving up an asinine amount of picks to move up to #1. At 6 they could take either of the two OTs, Bowers, Nabors, or Daniels.

What you're suggesting is more than Carolina gave up this year and they moved up from 9 to 1. No chance moving up from 6 to 1 costs more.

"but this is a good QB class"

It's absolutely not. It's a weak QB class.
You keep saying that, but literally no one anywhere agrees with that. Just on the high end here's a list and there's another 5-7 quality QBs to take beyond the 2nd round. At least 4 of these go in round one and possibly more, 3 of them will go in the top 10. Please tell me the last QB class that had this much talent?

Williams
Maye
Daniels
JJ
Nix
Penix

You keep saying that, but literally no one anywhere agrees with that. Just on the high end here's a list and there's another 5-7 quality QBs to take beyond the 2nd round. At least 4 of these go in round one and possibly more, 3 of them will go in the top 10. Please tell me the last QB class that had this much talent?

Williams
Maye
Daniels
JJ
Nix
Penix

I noticed you have Williams first. What is his record against ranked opponents in college?

How many TDs did the USC backup QB have in the bowl game vs a ranked opponent?

I noticed you have Williams first. What is his record against ranked opponents in college?

I just listed them, didn't put them in any particular order.

I'm not a fan of Williams but I would say look at his numbers vs. record in those games because their defense was one of the worst in the country and that's not on him.

Lol bowl game stats in the era of transfers, coaches leaving, and opt outs? Who opted out for Louisville? Who opted out for USC? Neither team was playing with all their players. Sadly, bowl games outside of the playoff have become glorified spring games.

To me the question is: "Can the Bears do better than Fields, Eberflus and Getsy?" And I think the answer is yes on all three.

Can they? Yes, but the question is will they? Eberflus has shown he can coach, no denying the defense improved as season progressed.

Maybe get a new OC if one becomes available but I think more weapons is the real answer. Keep Fields, maybe draft a QB round 2 or 3 or trade for a solid backup to push Fields.

I know they aren't a playoff team this season but they have more wins than I thought they would.

All the experts tout Williams as the top of the QB class.

Let me help you out with the questions.

2-9

6 TDs

Reactions: lweastdad
Titans just drafted Will Levis last year, they're not giving up an asinine amount of picks to move up to #1. At 6 they could take either of the two OTs, Bowers, Nabors, or Daniels.

What you're suggesting is more than Carolina gave up this year and they moved up from 9 to 1. No chance moving up from 6 to 1 costs more.
CAR offered the same + Moore, but with 9 overall. Add even more in if we swap teams and discuss ATL or OAK around 10/11.

I think I still like the possibility of getting Harrison and a future 1st from Washington or NE.

Reactions: RichieRebel
CAR offered the same + Moore, but with 9 overall. Add even more in if we swap teams and discuss ATL or OAK around 10/11.

I think I still like the possibility of getting Harrison and a future 1st from Washington or NE.
Oak- same trade as last year with Crosby as the player!!!

• Haha

No, they gave up 4 picks and Moore. You have Titans giving up 5 picks. Bears got pick 9, pick 61, carolinas 1st in 2024, and 2nd in 2025.

Neither Washington or NE is giving up a 2025 first to move up one or two spots if they know the Bears aren't taking a QB.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT