ADVERTISEMENT

Bears

What? Right now Washington has the 2 pick, so the Pats could trade up with Bears, but you're not getting a big return for them to move up 2 spots. Let's say they both want Williams and the Bears asking price is through the roof for the top pick then both those teams stay where they're at and the other takes Maye. It's not like there's a big gap between the two. If Williams was far and away the best prospect and there weren't other top QBs out there then maybe the Bears could get a little more but this is a good QB class so no one is giving up too much of their future draft capital to only move up a few spots. Perfect example is what Carolina gave up last year. Teams won't make that mistake again.
you can play them against each other because they will want to pick their qb. Won’t be the same haul has last year if you stay in top 3. Qb is the most important position in sports you pro teams don’t just want the second one…

All the experts tout Williams as the top of the QB class.

Let me help you out with the questions.

I noticed you have Williams first. What is his record against ranked opponents in college?

2-9

How many TDs did the USC backup QB have in the bowl game vs a ranked opponent?

6 TDs
Damn you for making me defend Williams, but again look at his numbers in those games, their defense was terrible and that's not on Williams. Against ranked teams this year he played 4 games and had 8 TD's and 3 INT's, completed over 65% of his passes and averaged 265 yards/game passing.

I'll repeat what I just said...Lol bowl game stats in the era of transfers, coaches leaving, and opt outs? Who opted out for Louisville? Who opted out for USC? Neither team was playing with all their players. Sadly, bowl games outside of the playoff have become glorified spring games.

What? Right now Washington has the 2 pick, so the Pats could trade up with Bears, but you're not getting a big return for them to move up 2 spots. Let's say they both want Williams and the Bears asking price is through the roof for the top pick then both those teams stay where they're at and the other takes Maye. It's not like there's a big gap between the two. If Williams was far and away the best prospect and there weren't other top QBs out there then maybe the Bears could get a little more but this is a good QB class so no one is giving up too much of their future draft capital to only move up a few spots. Perfect example is what Carolina gave up last year. Teams won't make that mistake again.
I’m not against Harrison, i just think the #1 pick has more value than a WR, especially when teams get goofy over QB’s after the scouting, pro days, combine, etc.

Even just looking at the basic “draft pick value charts”, the Bears #1 pick is worth the first, second, third round pick of whoever drafts #3. That’s just based on traditional values, not factoring in “goofy”. The Bears have a lot of holes to fill.

you can play them against each other because they will want to pick their qb. Won’t be the same haul has last year if you stay in top 3. Qb is the most important position in sports you pro teams don’t just want the second one…
GM's have an infinite amount of information that we'll never know about and they all talk, it's knot like the Bears can play Washington against NE and just say oh, they're offering us this so you have to top that. They all know what the other is doing long before we do. Plus, each of those teams has a cap on what they would give up just to move up one or two spots before it doesn't become worth it just to move up one or two spots.

I’m not against Harrison, i just think the #1 pick has more value than a WR, especially when teams get goofy over QB’s after the scouting, pro days, combine, etc.

Even just looking at the basic “draft pick value charts”, the Bears #1 pick is worth the first, second, third round pick of whoever drafts #3. That’s just based on traditional values, not factoring in “goofy”. The Bears have a lot of holes to fill.
Agreed that so much will change prior to the draft, but as of now Harrison is the best player and the Bears have the #1 pick, don't over complicate it.

Honestly, I don't think they have as many holes to fill as you think. Another WR, like Harrison, and a Center and the offense should be good and they can focus on adding OL depth. On defense I would like them to use their other first round pick on whoever the best Edge available is, I like Turner or Verse, and then get a Safety to replace Jackson. They can look for a DT in free agency along with maybe another WR if they let Mooney walk and possibly a nickel corner.

Tom Brady split time most of his college career.
And JJ has one loss against ranked opponents but how many of those wins were because of his performance instead of the running game and defense? Football is still a team game and you can't put the record solely on the QB when's he's only on the field half the time.

Reactions: PowerI66
I think if Washington or NE at 3 overall want one of the two QBs, they will be forced to deal a future 1st to the Bears. Otherwise, let the Bears get a similar haul to what they got last year to move down to 7-12 range. Poles will take advantage and Wash/NE can play ball or target another QB in draft.

I think if Washington or NE at 3 overall want one of the two QBs, they will be forced to deal a future 1st to the Bears. Otherwise, let the Bears get a similar haul to what they got last year to move down to 7-12 range. Poles will take advantage and Wash/NE can play ball or target another QB in draft.
Let's look back at the Bears trade with SF to move up one spot to draft Trubisky in another draft that had multiple QB's that could have been taken that high.

Bears - #2 pick
SF - #3 overall, #67 (3rd round), #111 (4th round), 2018 3rd round pick

They swapped first round picks and the Bears also gave up 3 additional picks and it's pretty much a consensus that the Bears gave up way too much to move up one spot. So why would Washington or NE give up even more than that including a future first rounder to move up either 1 or 2 spots?

What does he give you over someone even like Getsy? Look at his years after Luck bowed out. Underperforming offenses to the past two years of absolute futility. I think he's a nice guy, but he's not someone who raises the level of all boats.
Also were end-of-career veteran QBs brought into Indy post-Luck because Reich's schemes were intricate and needed a veteran's comprehension or was Reich's role so minor that the QB needed to be his own OC?

By the end of the early games next week, those early season losses against New Orleans and Tampa Bay will have officially bit the Bears you know where. Since the beginning of the Cutler era, abysmal NFC crossover W-L has been a curse on the Bears.

Last edited:
How Fields do today? Bears need to keep Fields and draft a QB to secure our future. A Veteran isn’t the Bears future it’s a predictable stop gap that is almost sure to be a losing outcome.

By the end of the early games next week, those early season losses against New Orleans and Tampa Bay will have officially bit the Bears you know where. Since the Cutler era, abysmal NFC crossover W-L has been a curse on the Bears.
Cutler sucked ! Get over it! The dude was a crybaby and threw about as many interceptions as TDs and when he didn’t throw an interception he fumbled it. Dude sucked. Keep trying to pump him up. 🤮

How Fields do today? Bears need to keep Fields and draft a QB to secure our future. A Veteran isn’t the Bears future it’s a predictable stop gap that is almost sure to be a losing outcome.
Have you started drinking already? If they keep Fields, he is their future, so why would they draft another QB?

• Haha
Reactions: Gene K.
Yeah draft a left over vet to do what? If the guy is on the move it’s generally not because he was lighting it up at his last home,
How do you draft a veteran? Let's stick with Wilson in this example. You say he sucks and is washed up but he has 26 TD passes this year, that would rank 4th all time for the Bears list of TD passes in a season.

My suggestion was to look into something like this if the Bears decide to move on from Fields. If they decide Fields isn't the guy and they draft whoever they think is best with the top pick what do you suggest they do if he's not ready come week 1 or really struggles in the first 3-4 weeks?

Cutler sucked ! Get over it! The dude was a crybaby and threw about as many interceptions as TDs and when he didn’t throw an interception he fumbled it. Dude sucked. Keep trying to pump him up. 🤮
It was a temporal reference not an endorsement and Cutler was a big part of that losing record against non-Central NFC teams.

Where was this run earlier?
Starting from the beginning of the season when two coaches including the DC were dismissed due to HR issues they have staggering like a fighter who just got hit in the mouth. Then there's the injuries, Fields missed 4 games, I think there were 2 games where all 3 of their RB's were out, every starting OL other than Wright missed at least one game. It takes a team a while to gel together and know how to play with each other and success doesn't happen overnight.

Maybe now people will back off the ledge and have just a little faith that Poles' decisions are working. With another successful offseason and if they don't have the injuries they had this year this is a playoff team next year.

I think everyone realizes that they're never going to go 17-0 but every game they lose people go off the deep end and demand that everyone gets traded and all the coaches get fired. It's a long season and people get too extreme one way or the other every week.

Starting from the beginning of the season when two coaches including the DC were dismissed due to HR issues they have staggering like a fighter who just got hit in the mouth. Then there's the injuries, Fields missed 4 games, I think there were 2 games where all 3 of their RB's were out, every starting OL other than Wright missed at least one game. It takes a team a while to gel together and know how to play with each other and success doesn't happen overnight.

Maybe now people will back off the ledge and have just a little faith that Poles' decisions are working. With another successful offseason and if they don't have the injuries they had this year this is a playoff team next year.

I think everyone realizes that they're never going to go 17-0 but every game they lose people go off the deep end and demand that everyone gets traded and all the coaches get fired. It's a long season and people get too extreme one way or the other every week.
I agree but injuries happen to every team. The issue is the 3 double digit leads list in 4Q. We are both on same page this team is not far away from playoffs.

Reactions: 4Afan
Let's look back at the Bears trade with SF to move up one spot to draft Trubisky in another draft that had multiple QB's that could have been taken that high.

Bears - #2 pick
SF - #3 overall, #67 (3rd round), #111 (4th round), 2018 3rd round pick

They swapped first round picks and the Bears also gave up 3 additional picks and it's pretty much a consensus that the Bears gave up way too much to move up one spot. So why would Washington or NE give up even more than that including a future first rounder to move up either 1 or 2 spots?
We’ve been over this. The price doesn’t stay the same for 2 as it does for 1. If the price was a 2nd and 3rd rd picks to jump 1 spot from 3 to 2, it’s gna be twice as much or more to jump from 3 to 1, hence the future 1st.

If Wash/Ne dont want to move up, that’s fine they can enjoy drafting a QB not named Maye or Williams. It’s simple. They want a top 2 guy, they’ll have to open their wallets because other teams will be interested, they always are for Williams level prospects

I agree but injuries happen to every team. The issue is the 3 double digit leads list in 4Q. We are both on same page this team is not far away from playoffs.
Agree, and all 3 of those were on the coaches. It's looking like Eberflus will be back next year, but Getsy has got to go.

Reactions: corey90 and stl705
Have you started drinking already? If they keep Fields, he is their future, so why would they draft another QB?
Were we not supposed to be drinking yet?
Meme Shock GIF by Evan Klar

• Haha
Reactions: Gene K. and 4Afan
We’ve been over this. The price doesn’t stay the same for 2 as it does for 1. If the price was a 2nd and 3rd rd picks to jump 1 spot from 3 to 2, it’s gna be twice as much to jump from 3 to 1, hence the future 1st.

If Wash/Ne dont want to move up, then they can enjoy drafting a QB not named Maye or Williams. It’s simple.
Which is likely what they would do if the Bears require a future first. Yes, they want to get their guy, but there's a limit to what they'll give up for only moving up 1 or 2 spots. It comes down to a risk/reward assessment for Washington and NE. They could look at what Carolina traded this year and say that they're not going to put themselves in the same position.

If roles were reversed and the Bears were sitting at 3 and let's say Washington had the #1 pick and the Bears offered a 2nd and 3rd next year and a 1st and 2nd in 2025 to move up 2 spots would you be ok with that?

Which is likely what they would do if the Bears require a future first. Yes, they want to get their guy, but there's a limit to what they'll give up for only moving up 1 or 2 spots. It comes down to a risk/reward assessment for Washington and NE. They could look at what Carolina traded this year and say that they're not going to put themselves in the same position.

If roles were reversed and the Bears were sitting at 3 and let's say Washington had the #1 pick and the Bears offered a 2nd and 3rd next year and a 1st and 2nd in 2025 to move up 2 spots would you be ok with that?
If Panthers drafted the right QB and listened to their scouts we’d be looking at 2 mid 1st picks. Up to the team that drafts to make the right QB choice.

Again, those teams don’t have to trade. Somebody is getting Williams and Maye. And it won’t be at 3 overall.

Man it's gonna be entertaining here if the Bears trade the #1 pick and don't get 6 picks including 3 future first round picks from a team to move up one or two spots. Everyone will talk about how the Bears got ripped off and basically gave the pick away.

I'll ask the question again, if roles were reversed and the Bears were sitting at 3 and let's say Washington had the #1 pick and the Bears offered a 2nd and 3rd next year and a 1st and 2nd in 2025 to move up 2 spots would you be ok with that?

Man it's gonna be entertaining here if the Bears trade the #1 pick and don't get 6 picks including 3 future first round picks from a team to move up one or two spots. Everyone will talk about how the Bears got ripped off and basically gave the pick away.

I'll ask the question again, if roles were reversed and the Bears were sitting at 3 and let's say Washington had the #1 pick and the Bears offered a 2nd and 3rd next year and a 1st and 2nd in 2025 to move up 2 spots would you be ok with that?
Do we have to keep Fields for 4 years?😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4Afan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT