ADVERTISEMENT

Bears

I’m surprised Miami didn’t go for it. They love their undefeated season so much that when it’s on the line, they roll out the old timers to bear witness. If Da Bears can’t beat Denver, what else can be said?
Honestly, I don't know who to pick between the Bears and Broncos. Denver is a real bad team...but so are the Bears. However, as my younger son says, "sometimes the games between two shitty teams are good games." LOL! What does he care? He's a 49ers fan. :oops:

Reactions: greatgig13
Honestly, I don't know who to pick between the Bears and Broncos. Denver is a real bad team...but so are the Bears. However, as my younger son says, "sometimes the games between two shitty teams are good games." LOL! What does he care? He's a 49ers fan. :oops:
I will take Denver. The Bears are horrible from top to bottom. I mean the new GM & HC did their thing in the draft and free agency and they built a worse team. I will keep saying it the Bears have average players and they just completely squandered the draft by trading down to pick more average players.
I mean I am at a loss on where you go from here. We don’t have a leader on this team and the HC is a joke .

Reactions: stl705
Did anyone see the Mike Lombardi interview on tonight's Football Night in Chicago show?

It was a great analysis of the Bears. I will try to find the video.

Here is the Mike Lombardi interview on the Bears yesterday. It was a great interview.

I will take Denver. The Bears are horrible from top to bottom. I mean the new GM & HC did their thing in the draft and free agency and they built a worse team. I will keep saying it the Bears have average players and they just completely squandered the draft by trading down to pick more average players.
I mean I am at a loss on where you go from here. We don’t have a leader on this team and the HC is a joke .
Remember David Montgomery? Well, the Bears didn't think he was worth keeping. Last night he rushed for 122 yards and scored three TDs in The Lions' 30-24 victory in Green Bay. The highest TD total he posted with the Bears was eight, in 2020. He already has five TDs this year and he has missed one game. His yards per carry isn't stunning. But his rushing success rate is better this year than in any year with the Bears. He is getting the ball more in Detroit than he did in Chicago. In other words, the Lions trust him to run the ball more than the Bears did and it is paying off. The Lions are 3-1 and the Bears are 0-3.

And yes, I am picking Denver. All six Sun Times writers are also picking the Broncos. So, there's that. 😂 😂

That was a good interview. Eberflus is as good as gone. Only question to me is if he survives the full year. I'll be interested to see if Poles survives. Tough to see any upgrade in the talent he has brought in.

Reactions: corey90
Remember David Montgomery? Well, the Bears didn't think he was worth keeping. Last night he rushed for 122 yards and scored three TDs in The Lions' 30-24 victory in Green Bay. The highest TD total he posted with the Bears was eight, in 2020. He already has five TDs this year and he has missed one game. His yards per carry isn't stunning. But his rushing success rate is better this year than in any year with the Bears. He is getting the ball more in Detroit than he did in Chicago. In other words, the Lions trust him to run the ball more than the Bears did and it is paying off. The Lions are 3-1 and the Bears are 0-3.

And yes, I am picking Denver. All six Sun Times writers are also picking the Broncos. So, there's that. 😂 😂
The Lions also have a legit passing attack and a top OL in the league.

Reactions: cigaros
The Lions also have a legit passing attack and a top OL in the league.
Sure. Trust me the Lions are not going anywhere. The Bears stink and unfortunately they need to lose this game and all the games. It’s sad but true. Fire the GM Poles and HC and bring in real people who know what they are doing. These Buffoons have no idea what they are doing. That’s game!! Matt Eberflus! Who? My goodness. He gone!!!

This game shows we are missing a difference maker on defense.

That is why Eberflus did not kick the short field goal in the game.

Carter was there for the taking and we blew it by not taking a closer on defense.

Tank time. Going for it on 4th and 1 with a handoff up the middle, when a FG would've been the proper call. I have already accepted that this team is just horrible, so I want the first pick again. If Carolina follows suit (and they are), Bear can have the first two picks of the '24 draft.

Tank time. Going for it on 4th and 1 with a handoff up the middle, when a FG would've been the proper call. I have already accepted that this team is just horrible, so I want the first pick again. If Carolina follows suit (and they are), Bear can have the first two picks of the '24 draft.
At this point just lose baby. Fire Poles fire Eberflus and get real people who have a clue. Take the best player in the draft and build your team around him. Stop this nonsense of taking a bunch of average players. We need an impact player and for heaven sake a leader!

Reactions: Wittymoniker1
At this point just lose baby. Fire Poles fire Eberflus and get real people who have a clue. Take the best player in the draft and build your team around him. Stop this nonsense of taking a bunch of average players. We need an impact player and for heaven sake a leader!

#1 This would seem like the 3rd Bears reset in the last 10 years.

#2 Why would you think the Bears would do it right this time when they have not done it right for 35 years?

Reactions: LTHSALUM76
Up 'til 4 or 5 years ago, I attended practically every Bears home game played since 1971.

This loss was the most heartbreaking ... the most damnable.

With all due respect, Mrs. McCaskey needs to be the first to be fired.

So what, the Bears haven't had a GM that knows what to do with draft picks since Jim Finks. Hell, most of you probably don't know who Finks is!!

Somebody has to be the worst team in the NFL each season. Perhaps it’s just Chicago’s turn.

Up 'til 4 or 5 years ago, I attended practically every Bears home game played since 1971.

Probably (maybe) recency bias, but that was the worst loss I can recall. Total collapse and way worse than simply getting curb stomped by a superior team.

Reactions: corey90
So what, the Bears haven't had a GM that knows what to do with draft picks since Jim Finks. Hell, most of you probably don't know who Finks is!!
Well I know him and I am sorry this guy is worse. He did something I don’t think I have ever seen in my lifetime. He had a chance at the #1 pick in the draft. Traded down to get more picks. He ended up with 10 picks along with several free agent signings and he actually made the team worse. Man that’s tough to do in anyone’s playbook. I mean this has to be one of the worse decisions in the record books. I am not sure how he can survive this travesty. I will add the coach is equally to blame as he was also involved in the decisions. It all comes from the top but we can fire the owners so the people they hired have to go! The Bears are the laughing stock of the NFL and the ownership is fully responsible and should be ashamed and accountable. Sell the team Virginia! You and your sons haven’t a clue.

Jay Glazer on Fox tonight said the Bears have decided to shop Chase Claypool and are interested in trading him, buy high and sell low. Who would trade anything for him at this point?

You are a voice of reason here and I couldn't agree more. I have said for decades and here repeatedly, that it all starts at the top. I have outlined the direction this organization has taken since the firing of Mike Ditka and the total takeover by the McCaskeys. The results are there for anyone to see. These people have no idea what they're doing when it comes to running a football organization.

They hire terrible coaches and terrible GMs and their draft picks are questionable at best. Today in the Sun Times I read the names Eberflus and Trestman in the same sentence. And it wasn't positive. What Bears coach came here then left and was a success somewhere else? I can't think of any. It says a lot when they hire HCs and GMs who no one else want.

For me here's how it turned out. I said I was going to pick the Broncos to win. But, I actually picked the Bears. Then at around 11:45 I was questioning that pick so I switched it. 😂 😂

Jay Glazer on Fox tonight said the Bears have decided to shop Chase Claypool and are interested in trading him, buy high and sell low. Who would trade anything for him at this point?
Ryan Poles is the biggest issue with the Bears right now. We stripped every bit of talent (Mack/Roquan) and have nothing to show for it. The coaching is what it is, they will all be gone, but Poles has a chance to keep hurting this team if he isn’t gone ASAP, let alone picking players w next years’ picks.

Ryan Poles is the biggest issue with the Bears right now. We stripped every bit of talent (Mack/Roquan) and have nothing to show for it. The coaching is what it is, they will all be gone, but Poles has a chance to keep hurting this team if he isn’t gone ASAP, let alone picking players w next years’ picks.
The Bears aren’t eating anyone’s contract by firing them they would rather just suffer then spend the money.

For critical in-game decisions (middle screen from own EZ, not kicking FG to lead, running a deep 1-way-go rush for a 1st down, etc.) the call should be automatically changed on principle for what has been concluded. Like I tell my directionally-challenged wife when she is guessing which way to go - reverse your instinct and you will be right far more often than not, which turns out be true for her!

They are playing for Dick Butkus tonight!
I’m well past 50 and I’m pretty sure I never saw a game that Dick Butkus ever played in. I can’t imagine that a lot of the team ever heard of good old number 51 before they signed a contract with the “Beloved”. Whatever the reason give me more of what they’ve been doing tonight.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT