ADVERTISEMENT

Bears

Well, now that the baseball season is over for the Cubs I'm ready to discuss this draft. Who's on the board for us?
Bones, I could see Stroud QB, Young QB, Anderson DE, Wilson DE, Carter DL, Perry Johnson OT, Gonzalez CB all gone with Bears on the clock leaving us with Skoronski, UGA OT Jones, Witherspoon CB, and Robinson RB available.

At this point, if the above names are off the board that I suspect, my top preference would be another trade down depending on return. If we stay, pretty tough choice between an OL, Witherspoon CB, and Robinson RB.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cross Bones
Bones, I could see Stroud QB, Young QB, Anderson DE, Wilson DE, Carter DL, Perry Johnson OT, Gonzalez CB all gone with Bears on the clock leaving us with Skoronski, UGA OT Jones, Witherspoon CB, and Robinson RB available.

At this point, if the above names are off the board that I suspect, my top preference would be another trade down depending on return. If we stay, pretty tough choice between an OL, Witherspoon CB, and Robinson RB.
I'm of the opinion that they really need to load up at OL and DL since that can help mask weaknesses everywhere else. So I do like your Skoronski and Jones.

Reactions: stl705
I’m with ya’ll 100% on adding to the trenches, and while I do think Bears would love to add a home town kid… I actually don’t see any chance at all Bears draft Skoronski. The arm length is an issue for 97% of all OTs coming out of the draft, and the ONLY position the Bears actually have depth is at OG with Davis, Jenkens, Patrick, and Whitehair.

Too many areas to address to take an RB in the top 10.

If only Peter Skoronski hung from the monkey bars like Bobby Brady and had arms that were 1" longer. Though if he did, he probably wouldn't make it to #9 if that were the case.

1a. Jalen Carter
1b. Paris Johnson Jr.
2. Broderick Jones
3. Trade down
4. One of the CBs

Thanks for that, now I can not waste my time watching.
Hope you didn't waste it this past weekend with the Sox. What a sh*t show.

Personally, I was watching NHL playoffs. Most exciting playoffs of all the professional sports. I was checking MLB scores and did catch some of the Blue Jays, Yankees game on Saturday.

Looking forward to the NFL draft on Thursday. Now that it's close I am doing, what I think, is what a lot of people do. Pay closer attention. Gonna be interesting to see who the Bears draft. I am not going to give the name of who I expect them to take or what they will do. With the drafting of guys like Trubisky I never know what the hell they will do. I must say I am more interested now than I have been in a long time. I feel optimistic. Did I just say that? 😂 😂

Reactions: corey90
Lot of stories saying the Bears really like this OT out of Tennessee and might be able to trade the 9 pick and move down and still obtain him....if Paris Johnson is there though I’d grab him.

Draft seems deep at RT so my #1 choice is Wilson, Edge Rusher from Texas Tech. Then go with the South Dakota State OT in Rd 2. He looks like an NFC North OT and the game seems to match.

Reactions: Cross Bones
I'm thinking Carter is picked before the 9th pick now. If so grab Paris Johnson. If both are gone trade down.

Draft seems deep at RT so my #1 choice is Wilson, Edge Rusher from Texas Tech. Then go with the South Dakota State OT in Rd 2. He looks like an NFC North OT and the game seems to match.
Mauch from NDSU? He's going to play guard in the NFL.

Reactions: Gene K.
Round 1: No. 9 (from CAR)
Round 2: No. 53 (from BAL)
Round 2: No. 61 (from SF through CAR)
Round 3: No. ...
Round 4: No. 103.
Round 4: No. 133 (from PHI)
Round 5: No. 136.
Round 5: No. 148 (from NE through BAL)

Wasted pick.That pos here from TN will be injured & miss many games.Watch what I’m saying
Crap!
The Bears did what they do. Crap.! They trade down to 10 and take OT from TN. Okay but they had DT from Georgia. Maybe the best
D player on the great Georgia team. Damn WTF. If this OT doesn’t work out well it’s business as usual if you’re in the Bears management.

Crap!
The Bears did what they do. Crap.! They trade down to 10 and take OT from TN. Okay but they had DT from Georgia. Maybe the best
D player on the great Georgia team. Damn WTF. If this OT doesn’t work out well it’s business as usual if you’re in the Bears management.

Call it another Trubisky moment for the Bears.

Reactions: PRokie
Lot of stories saying the Bears really like this OT out of Tennessee and might be able to trade the 9 pick and move down and still obtain him....if Paris Johnson is there though I’d grab him.
Am I good or am I good! I like the pick a lot. He's an absolute beast. Pure Right Tackle. He will an an immediate asset.

They filled a glaring need with the best player in the draft at that position. Skoronski wasn’t a RT neither was Paris Johnson. He knew his locker room and knew it was solid enough to handle Carter. Agree with SIU, if the guy stinks, it’s a bad pick. If the guy is an all pro he looks like a genius. On paper this was a solid pick that addresses arguably your biggest need on offense.

Tons of talent left for today. Curious to see if they load up on d-linemen

Wasted pick.That pos here from TN will be injured & miss many games.Watch what I’m saying
Well, the Bears' pick didn't show a propensity to get injured in college.
Fact: The above sentence could apply for any and/or all of the 31 players selected on Thursday evening. This sentence is kind of like saying there's a cloud in the sky. Somewhere on this planet, there IS a cloud in the sky so you are correct.
If a pick gets injured and misses many games, he could be construed as a wasted pick. And the sun will come up in Illinois tomorrow morning....

Reactions: LTHSALUM76
Awful TV analysis on Bears' pick on sportschannel after the White Sox game on Thursday.
Host and one of the "experts" suggested that the Bears did not get enough of a return for trading down from No. 9 to No. 10.
That was their opinion ... that they should have gotten a higher draft pick.
Bears already have Eagles' fourth-round pick for this year, so a fourth-rounder from Eagles had to come from next year.
Could they have gotten a better pick? Sure. By trading down. But how far down could the Bears have traded before they would not have gotten a plug-in-starter offensive tackle with that pick?
All four of the front-line offensive linemen were gone by pick No. 14.
The Eagles didn't have to give up more because they knew the Bears wouldn't pick Carter. So if the Bears asked for a second or third round pick to move down, the Eagles could have just waited. Their only concern would have been the Bears trading down further than No. 10 to another team that would take Carter before the Eagles.
But if the Bears traded anywhere lower than 10, then their options in terms of picking their O-lineman would have been limited to whoever was left. Because No. 11 took an OL and No. 14 took an OL. After 14, there would have been NO O-lineman left to pick.
There was an article online thursday morning about the Bears trading down to No. 17 with Pittsburgh and also getting the No. 32 pick. But the article pointed out that by making that trade, the Bears would not get an offensive lineman who was ready to start and also wouldn't get Jalen Carter. So the trade down was at a huge cost.
The TV people did not discuss this at all, just suggesting the Bears didn't get enough for the trade from 9 to 10 and ignoring the consequences of trading down further.
Shame on them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT