ADVERTISEMENT

Batavia @ Nazareth

Nazareth academy has 18-game winning streak which is state’s best as we speak.
That includes forfeit win this season and while the team lost on field this August you could argue the outcome could have flipped if the opponent hAd. Not used a star player.

That includes forfeit win this season and while the team lost on field this August you could argue the outcome could have flipped if the opponent hAd. Not used a star player.

That’s a fun factoid, I didn’t know that. The CR game was so disappointing but in hindsight I’m glad it happened. Sure seemed like Naz needed to get humbled and grow. That was exactly what happened. Playoffs are a different beast now though. There’s no shortage of motivation on both sides.

Will Naz be able to slow Batavia’s run game and force them into obvious passing situations? I’m not so sure. Batavia has the most diverse rushing attack Naz has seen with outstanding physicality. Naz has stopped some teams this year but hasn’t seen a rushing attack that has an outstanding speed and power element to it. Combined with a terrific OL and enormous TE’s Batavia is a scary matchup for any team in the state.

Can Batavia prevent the big play and force Naz into turnovers? I’m not so sure. Gone are Michael Love and Diamond Evans who feasted on Batavia’s soft coverage last year. Naz has no shortage of athletes and although Batavia likes to blitz it puts their defensive backfield in precarious positions. If they try to play soft coverage again and keep the ball in front of them Naz still has the athletes to run by Batavia.

I’m genuinely not sure how things go down Saturday.

Last edited:

I wouldn't hang my hat on this particular fact. Naz has a great team, they shouldn't be tainted by a stat which has an asterisk.

Naz is too good of a program to try and claim something that didn't happen. True competitors measure themselves by the results on the field. I am sure most Naz fans would agree. Going 26-2 on the field (if they can win it all) is impressive enough.

I need a ruling for Joey downthestreet. He says he is not counting page 5 in the number due to the quick meme posts that took over the bottom of that page. Please post responsibly till game time. Thanks from Joey downthestreet

Is it true they are looking at hiring Deion as HC at FSU? Have they lost their minds down there?

That is the word on the street. Would be a great recruiter, but an awful head coach. Typically getting fired at any job is a bad thing but Willie Taggart is probably jumping for joy lol.

I need a ruling for Joey downthestreet. He says he is not counting page 5 in the number due to the quick meme posts that took over the bottom of that page. Please post responsibly till game time. Thanks from Joey downthestreet

Tell Joey tough break. If someone loads up on video content to pad stats that's just part of the game.

Reactions: RockSoup

Wait he is going to take issue with a few memes on the bottom of page 5 but Is going ignore the entire waste of space that is page 2?

Reactions: RockSoup
Tell Joey tough break. If someone loads up on video content to pad stats that's just part of the game.
Wait he is going to take issue with a few memes on the bottom of page 5 but Is going ignore the entire waste of space that is page 2?
No one talks to Joey that way. No one. Have your wives start your cars the next couple days just to be on the safe side

Reactions: Gene K.
I wouldn't hang my hat on this particular fact. Naz has a great team, they shouldn't be tainted by a stat which has an asterisk.
Anybody who is somebody would never think that forfeit taints Naz's season.. Whoever thinks that has never played against them..

for the record, 'taint' is fun to say

Reactions: Gene K.
Anybody who is somebody would never think that forfeit taints Naz's season.. Whoever thinks that has never played against them..

for the record, 'taint' is fun to say

I taint saying it taints their season, it's just needless to mention. Adds no value to a great team by tying them to something with an asterisk. Look at the NCAA. When they vacate wins for one team the other team doesn't get a win.

Reactions: Googertys Dog
I taint saying it taints their season, it's just needless to mention. Adds no value to a great team by tying them to something with an asterisk. Look at the NCAA. When they vacate wins for one team the other team doesn't get a win.
See, you like saying it too...

Reactions: mchsalumni
This was 100% the 7a State Championship game last year. Neither team had any fear of SCN in the state game. I was at the game and it came down to special teams. Batavia messed up 2 snaps on their side of the field and then in an effort to kick away from Love and Diamond Evans, Batavia kicked it to junior Derrick Strongs who took it for 6 with Love and Evans leading him there. (Strongs just won a player of the week award as a Senior this year.)

If both teams are THIS evenly matched again, look for special teams to be a difference maker! If Batavia is getting 15, I'd take the Bulldogs for the spread.. but I'm taking Naz to win a close one. Batavia is no stranger to big games but could another trip to La Grange Park make the Bulldogs play tight?

Old is right.. like to say I'm in touch, but that's a matter of one's perception..

So the official NAZ Batavia line is Batavia's getting 15??
I'll take Batavia +15 but for them to win outright they will have to play very well Saturday and catch some breaks, at least no bad breaks (IMO).

Reactions: Googertys Dog
Heavens no, when I heard about the 4.4 and 4.5 kids plus the best WR and RB in the State I changed it to Naz +7.
This guy... gonna be pretty upset when his Naz boys get beat. Laser timed 40s have those kids that fast also never said anything about best RB in the state and said one of the best WR in the state, he just is trying to start conflict by stretching what people say.

National Anthem ? Naz band is stellar. Especially the flute section ( my kid )
No issues with the band, start that stuff early, do it all half but when it’s kickoff time and we have a prayer, a song, god bless America, and national anthem it gets to be a little much.

Reactions: missingwalter
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT