ADVERTISEMENT

Batavia @ Nazareth

Irish LB

Apr 11, 2006
I’m super excited about this matchup. Last years semi final was a good game that was swung on a couple big plays. Nazareth doesn’t really have those big play guys this year, or at least not as many of them. I would say that despite their record Naz doesn’t seem to be as good as last year, they haven’t looked like they’ve put in a full 4 quarter game on both sides of the ball yet. Maybe that’s coming or maybe they don’t have that capability. I’m expecting a heck of game Saturday but am also very nervous about it. Naz is pretty healthy at this point so that’s good, only loss during the year is their Kicker but they have a suitable replacement.

Batavia guys want to give me a quick scout? I haven’t seen you guys play this year.

Reactions: USD24
Yes I thought Naz was better last year because they had Michael Love. This will be a heck of a game and since the Broncos were eliminated, I will be there.

Reactions: Solid Snake Pliskin
Let’s open the line at Naz -15 and see where the sharp money comes in.

I’m super excited about this matchup. Last years semi final was a good game that was swung on a couple big plays. Nazareth doesn’t really have those big play guys this year, or at least not as many of them. I would say that despite their record Naz doesn’t seem to be as good as last year, they haven’t looked like they’ve put in a full 4 quarter game on both sides of the ball yet. Maybe that’s coming or maybe they don’t have that capability. I’m expecting a heck of game Saturday but am also very nervous about it. Naz is pretty healthy at this point so that’s good, only loss during the year is their Kicker but they have a suitable replacement.

Batavia guys want to give me a quick scout? I haven’t seen you guys play this year.

Reactions: 630Villain
USD, I understand and your comment is a perfect illustration of how Vegas adjusts their spreads over the week to hedge their bets and result in making money to build all of those beautiful hotels. At what point spread would you have to take Naz?

I would have to take Batavia with that many points

So we have a guy on the money line because of hate...another great illustration of how Vegas kills people who won’t bet with logic but rather heart, good or bad!
I have Nazareth winning my Edgy pool. Just an FYI.

USD, I understand and your comment is a perfect illustration of how Vegas adjusts their spreads over the week to hedge their bets and result in making money to build all of those beautiful hotels. At what point spread would you have to take Naz?
I think you’re right on the number. I would say -13.5 and I take Naz.

Should be a good game - have seen Batavia play three times this year- Batavia should have JJ on the run which in turn turn around bite them.

I still like Naz but Batavia will do more then keep them on their toes

Will you be in MCHS gear? Ill be able to pick u out?

No that ended this week Probably a Mahomes jersey.

No interest in the 5a games this week but the week after they should be great.

Last edited:
Ladies and gentlemen,

I’m wondering on the Batavia side if #2 will be playing this game. I believe I saw him play a hell of a game against ESL but haven’t seen him in the last three outings...he was a monster!

Ladies and gentlemen,

I’m wondering on the Batavia side if #2 will be playing this game. I believe I saw him play a hell of a game against ESL but haven’t seen him in the last three outings...he was a monster!

You mean the 6-7, 240 pound tight end?

Guess you didn't see the tweet about their newest recruit from Indianapolis.. Sort of makes it easy..

And your starting nose tackle is a transfer from (Machesney Park) Harlem and I know he’s not the only player that didn’t start his HS career at Batavia. So let’s get off the high horse. Your programs success attracts kids into the district who otherwise wouldn’t be in Batavia and Nazareth’s success attracts kids to Nazareth.

And your starting nose tackle is a transfer from (Machesney Park) Harlem and I know he’s not the only player that didn’t start his HS career at Batavia. So let’s get off the high horse. Your programs success attracts kids into the district who otherwise wouldn’t be in Batavia and Nazareth’s success attracts kids to Nazareth.
We didn't recruit the kid, his dad didn't "move" to Batavia..

We didn't recruit the kid, his dad didn't "move" to Batavia..

You don’t think kids pick private schools due to their track record and are “self-recruited?” Kids/parents will make the decision to move to public school towns to transfer the same as they make the decision to go to a private school. How hard does a kid have to be “recruited” when you have the recent success that Nazareth has had?

I know of all sorts of kids that have moved to Glenbard West or Batavia or the like to be part of the football program. Happens all the time. And believe it or not some times they even “move” not move.

And do you think the Indy kid didn’t actually move? That’s a hell of a commute!

I'm betting Batavia wins, if they score more points than Naz..

In all seriousness, it's hard to bet against that McCarthy kid, hopefully the Bulldogs can keep up and make it a game.. Bulldogs are pretty confidant right now..

Reactions: Gene K.
You don’t think kids pick private schools due to their track record and are “self-recruited?” Kids/parents will make the decision to move to public school towns to transfer the same as they make the decision to go to a private school. How hard does a kid have to be “recruited” when you have the recent success that Nazareth has had?

I know of all sorts of kids that have moved to Glenbard West or Batavia or the like to be part of the football program. Happens all the time. And believe it or not some times they even “move” not move.

And do you think the Indy kid didn’t actually move? That’s a hell of a commute!
Is Indy greater than 30 miles?

ADVERTISEMENT