ADVERTISEMENT

Batavia @ Nazareth

I believe you give me way to much credit regarding the recruiting of kids to the Nazareth community. I was/am a very strong proponent of the academics at Naz. They have proven out in my sons all either graduating or being on track to graduate from highly accredited universities with BS degrees in 3 years or less and go onto or plan to go onto grad/and/or Law school. I believe that Nazareth will flourish because of so many known and unknown contributors!
Well said. Seems as if you've become quite the diplomat while in PA.

Always have been a diplomat but not going to hid my opinion either. That was always evident on both sides of topics inside and outside of Naz posters. As some say, I is who I is, and you're lucky because you can kiss my ass and I can’t(not directed at you...at least this time).

Look at that we are at 4 already Epic(Francis...just kidding) should up this to at least 15!

Well said. Seems as if you've become quite the diplomat while in PA.

Reactions: pjjp
Always have been a diplomat but not going to hid my opinion either. That was always evident on both sides of topics inside and outside of Naz posters. As some say, I is who I is, and you're lucky because you can kiss my ass and I can’t(not directed at you...at least this time).

Is this your way of saying you haven't gone soft?

IrishLB needs to join the fray. He's usually good for a few pages.

A) That’s patently false

2) I started this thread...

Lastly, JCA is playing another school I can’t even pronounce I see.

Last edited:
Reactions: pjjp
How has #62 looked this season? I've watched his twitter highlights, but those make everyone look good.
Naz knew what they were doing stealing him in the middle of the night. I may be confusing my stories, was that about #62 or was that the story of the Browns leaving Cleveland? I can’t remember.

Reactions: chisportlover91
Mark, thems fightin words! In all seriousness don’t force me off the wagon, we need to get back to foosball. What do you think Bout this game?

I think Batavia pulls off the upset though I'm not sure what good reason I have for feeling that way. I got it wrong last week with MC v GBN and with LA v GBW so maybe the law of averages is on my side this week. Plus I'm a Dukane homer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Googertys Dog
I think Batavia pulls of the upset though I'm not sure what good reason I have for feeling that way. I got it wrong last week with MC v GBN and with LA v GBW so maybe the law of averages is on my side this week. Plus I'm a Dukane homer.
I wouldn’t know, they won’t give me a scouting report.

I wouldn’t know, they won’t give me a scouting report.

Read back on page 3, they’ve got a 4.4 guy and a 4.5 guy both in the slot, the RB is unstoppable, and the 6’7” kid is maybe available. Recommendation: roadrunners stay home in your beds on Saturday, it’s gonna be freezing out there and you’re a desert creature. Oh and I forgot, Urwiler is the top receiver in the state.

Courtesy of Btown-Dawgs.... credit where credit is due!

Last edited:
Naz knew what they were doing stealing him in the middle of the night. I may be confusing my stories, was that about #62 or was that the story of the Browns leaving Cleveland? I can’t remember.
Well they certainly knew what they were doing, that being said, I said the families moved in the middle of the night. One day here, next day gone.

I think Batavia pulls off the upset though I'm not sure what good reason I have for feeling that way. I got it wrong last week with MC v GBN and with LA v GBW so maybe the law of averages is on my side this week. Plus I'm a Dukane homer.
No you just hate Catholic schools. Join my fake club already.

Reactions: Dual-triple_threat
Admittedly my team is out, and I hit 100% of my sales quota back in April; so time is on my side to hit the over. The problem is I’m trying very hard to stay focused on talking football rather than BS so with that said. I think Naz needs to use their tall receivers to advantage and open up the middle of the field by both passing and running between the hashes. Not sure I’d go RPO but rather play action. Thoughts?
They lost to Harrisburg? Another Harrisburg vs. CD showdown, battle of the burg. At least Manheim Township went down.

Reactions: jwarigaku
Ryan Keeler is a LT, DE for Naz, and is a pretty highly recruited kid. Good athlete. My prediction for the next level is that they put 40 pounds on him and keep him on the offensive line.
They will put those 40 pounds on him and put him at DT for pass rush but De in run situations most likely. Not long enough to play tackle at the level he is recruited at.

So I’ve been hearing about all the Dukane conference unity...I’m wondering how many fans from the other conference schools will be descending on Lagrange Park on Saturday and which sister conference school will bring the biggest support? With Wheaton Warrenville South the only other team still playing I’m betting their biggest supporter will be Glenbard North. What’s everyone’s opinions?

Four pages of complete utter nonsense. What do you guys think of #24 for Naz?

Love the kid, Strongs rushed for about a buck sixty last week on under a dozen carries and had 4 TDS if I remember correctly. Did he have a pick as well? I think he did against Batavia last year. I’ve been trying to get these guys to talk football all day, but it’s like the Batavia guys have been told they have to lock down their discussions by somebody...maybe the H2O tower?

Four pages of complete utter nonsense. What do you guys think of #24 for Naz?

This year J.J. has been more reckless with his throws . Needs to learn when to just take a sack instead of forcing it . O-line is the key for Naz , give him time and NAZ will win .

Batavia is very solid and consistent. They have a lot of size and plays physical. They also have a little speed on both sides of the ball.

Reactions: Googertys Dog
Batavia is very solid and consistent. They have a lot of size and plays physical. They also have a little speed on both sides of the ball.
Yes , this will be a closer game than last year . Battle in the trenches is key . Control the line of scrimmage = victory

As I wake up from my nap in my mud hut the hilarity that has ensued is awesome..

I want to say our D is top notch and our LB's and Safeties really get after it, but I thought that last year.. Our running game just pounds it and pounds it until we can break a big one.. Passing game has really improved since day 1, even though they have been keying on #1 he still finds a way to get open.. If they get other receivers involved they would be even more dangerous..

D line has been pretty solid on the run all year and other than the ESL and the SCE game long TD catch our D backs have been good on the pass and have some stud sophs backing up now too..

Batavia has to get to the QB bottom line.. McCarthy ate us up a little bit last year so #34 needs to make his usual difference...

I'm hoping for a, whoever has the ball and scores on last drive wins, kind of game... If it's Batavia with the ball last they win.. Our OC is at his best when game is on the line..

Looking at last years film, the penalty on the long run by the QB changed the game.

I don't want to derail this thread, but we are a mere 289 days away from kickoff against Batavia in Lombard. Can some of you Batavia gents fill me in on what 2020 will look like from a returning player viewpoint? Senior heavy class this year? A bunch of solid sophs? Junior big time contributors?

Inquiring minds need to know.

As I wake up from my nap in my mud hut the hilarity that has ensued is awesome..

I want to say our D is top notch and our LB's and Safeties really get after it, but I thought that last year.. Our running game just pounds it and pounds it until we can break a big one.. Passing game has really improved since day 1, even though they have been keying on #1 he still finds a way to get open.. If they get other receivers involved they would be even more dangerous..

D line has been pretty solid on the run all year and other than the ESL and the SCE game long TD catch our D backs have been good on the pass and have some stud sophs backing up now too..

Batavia has to get to the QB bottom line.. McCarthy ate us up a little bit last year so #34 needs to make his usual difference...

I'm hoping for a, whoever has the ball and scores on last drive wins, kind of game... If it's Batavia with the ball last they win.. Our OC is at his best when game is on the line..

If a shootout is what you’re asking for you’ll be disappointed with the outcome I think.

If a shootout is what you’re asking for you’ll be disappointed with the outcome I think.
Don't think that's what I implied, but yes you would be right..

All I meant is, whoever has the ball last and has the opportunity to win.. I swear, the posse on here can be annoying..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT