ADVERTISEMENT

31 sacks real?

Yes, I believe in equal rights, according to the IHSA when you have success you need to have the success factor applied. Success should be applied to all teams, not selective teams. You want to multiply the privates for a 30 mile radius that's fine, but then to selectively slap privates with the Success Factor when there is no team in the state that has ever dominated a class like Rochester is simply discrimination.

You said:

"tell us all how Rochester doesn't recruit you piece of $hit. "

You are the genius that wants Rochester to have a SF even though they are a closed boundary school...

Yes, I believe in equal rights, according to the IHSA when you have success you need to have the success factor applied. Success should be applied to all teams, not selective teams. You want to multiply the privates for a 30 mile radius that's fine, but then to selectively slap privates with the Success Factor when there is no team in the state that has ever dominated a class like Rochester is simply discrimination.

See, this is what makes someone like you look so foolish, you have no clue on the background or reasoning for why things happen but you continue to voice your opinion...

First off, Rochester has no advantage over the rest of the field like the private schools do, they win because they have a great coach.. The IHSA is dealing with the advantage of some schools having an open boundary and most of the schools do not..

The success factor came about because there was talk of increasing the multiplier because schools like Montini and JCA were continue to dominate.. some of the mid tier teams started complaining that it wasn't fair that they were being penalized because of what other schools were doing.. So the decision was made to tier the schools even more so, and the SF was the result.. If there was so SF, the multiplier would be somewhere around 2.25..

He mistakingly believes that our kids are academically insufficient to share the field with the kids from other schools. He would cite our overall academic achievement at the school with leaves room for improvement but is improving year after year. Additionally, he does not realize that our football players are leading the school academically. Last years valedictorian was our Center.

And there's Malcom Fox who graduated with a cumulative GPA over 4.0 (including frosh/soph grades from St. Rita) last year and is now playing at Wesleyan in Connecticut.

Congrats on the season, coach! Well earned.

And there's Malcom Fox who graduated with a cumulative GPA over 4.0 (including frosh/soph grades from St. Rita) last year and is now playing at Wesleyan in Connecticut.

Congrats on the season, coach! Well earned.

Whose hometown is listed as Country Club Hills LOL

While good for that kid, this stuff all just shows why programs like Phillips shouldn't be playing small school football

Reactions: Hawks65

While good for that kid, this stuff all just shows why programs like Phillips shouldn't be playing small school football
Don't you complain about other posters unnatural following/stalking you here? Yet as soon as anyone posts anything about a Phillips kid you google the hell out of them. Sounds a bit obsessed to me.

Would it be possible that both parents don't live in the same household? Is that something you just looked up online? C'mon

Hey, I just posted where the kid says he lives...

You are seriously googling kids addresses? What the hell is wrong with you? Do you have some deep sinister burning hatred that is so pathetic that you need to google home addresses of teenage kids? Is that how sick and disgusting you are?

Why is it so deeply personal that you have to google the home addresses of these kids?

Hey, I just posted where the kid says he lives...
know more or post less. Maybe he lived elsewhere while at Phillips. If you don't know that, don't comment. We can all judge from a distance, doesn't mean we should.

You are seriously googling kids addresses? What the hell is wrong with you? Do you have some deep sinister burning hatred that is so pathetic that you need to google home addresses of teenage kids? Is that how sick and disgusting you are?

Why is it so deeply personal that you have to google the home addresses of these kids?

How ignorant are you??? Or just really weird???

You do realize that every college roster in the country lists the hometown of their kids, right???? I was simply bored, never heard of that school and checked out their website and roster..

Only crazy, burning hatred I see is from you towards me, which is kinda funny, cool to see you lose your shit...

How ignorant are you??? Or just really weird???

You do realize that every college roster in the country lists the hometown of their kids, right???? I was simply bored, never heard of that school and checked out their website and roster..

Only crazy, burning hatred I see is from you towards me, which is kinda funny, cool to see you lose your shit...

I don’t go on other college rosters looking up kids home towns. Not that interested. I would suggest you let it go because it’s getting borderline creepy that an adult is surfing through college rosters and googling kids address to prove some sick fetish of a point. I’m sure Herscher Hs is real proud knowing that one of there own is stooping so low.

I don’t go on other college rosters looking up kids home towns. Not that interested. I would suggest you let it go because it’s getting borderline creepy that an adult is surfing through college rosters and googling kids address to prove some sick fetish of a point. I’m sure Herscher Hs is real proud knowing that one of there own is stooping so low.

1. Not sure how many times I need to say it, I didn't google anyone's address
2. I guess the creepy one would be the guy that posted what school the kid is at... or maybe the college for providing the info?
3. You keep using the word kid, he is now an adult
4. I am sure your paper is proud knowing one of their people doesn't know the difference between there and their
5. Continue on with your witch hunt, its comical

1. Not sure how many times I need to say it, I didn't google anyone's address
2. I guess the creepy one would be the guy that posted what school the kid is at... or maybe the college for providing the info?
3. You keep using the word kid, he is now an adult
4. I am sure your paper is proud knowing one of their people doesn't know the difference between there and their
5. Continue on with your witch hunt, its comical
Your point #2 is what's comical and shows how far you are stretching this whole Phillips thing. I know the kid personally!!! He is 18, still a kid.

Your point #2 is what's comical and shows how far you are stretching this whole Phillips thing. I know the kid personally!!! He is 18, still a kid.

In Illinois the age of majority is 18

And I don't actually believe #2, was just trying to be as stupid as Newt

I was simply bored, never heard of that school and checked out their website...

Doesn’t surprise me you have not heard of Wesylean. I might be mistaken - but I believe that is where the New England HC Bill B went to school? I do know that it is Very very difficult to get into and a D3 school. A 32ACT is in the bottom 25percent quartile of the student body.

Reactions: Gene K.
Doesn’t surprise me you have not heard of Wesylean. I might be mistaken - but I believe that is where the New England HC Bill B went to school? I do know that it is Very very difficult to get into and a D3 school. A 32ACT is in the bottom 25percent quartile of the student body.

Cubs GM, Jed Hoyer is also a Wesleyan Alum.

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21
Voodoo , don’t know about the school, but a 32 act is off the charts. Top 5 pct . Schools such as Stanford, Berkeley, Ivy’s type of acceptance. A 32 is outstanding.

Reactions: Gene K.
Voodoo , don’t know about the school, but a 32 act is off the charts. Top 5 pct . Schools such as Stanford, Berkeley, Ivy’s type of acceptance. A 32 is outstanding.

Is is good (my oldest son got a 32) but it is not “off the charts”. You will most likely not get into schools like Stanford, U of Chicago, Wesleyan, etc with a 32act as a regular student applying. You will get in if you play a sport and they want you there!! Those Diii “smarty” schools have to support your application in order to get in with a 32/31/30 ACT. If you look at the median and the quartiles of the accepted students at those type schools it is crazy. Stanford/Northwestern are different - they can full ride scholarship and they have a certain amount of exemptions but they still have a minimum academic level for recruiting kids that is higher than the NCAA minimum - but not sure what it is (guessing Act around 24 and up?)

Reactions: LAguy
With a 34, my kid was denied entrance to Northwestern and Georgia Tech. She checked off considerable boxes for clubs and such ... no dice.

Bummer. Yeah that is what I was trying to say - but If I said the sky was blue - HHS would say no it is black (cloudy and no sun).

Those schools “reserve” a bunch of spots for kids that will be doing activities in collage at the school for Act scores below 34. That’s why their “average” act scores for each class are 31/32 etc. and you need to look At the quartiles. The bottom quartile is alot of the kids playing football, baseball, dance team, band, track, etc.

Is is good (my oldest son got a 32) but it is not “off the charts”. You will most likely not get into schools like Stanford, U of Chicago, Wesleyan, etc with a 32act as a regular student applying. You will get in if you play a sport and they want you there!! Those Diii “smarty” schools have to support your application in order to get in with a 32/31/30 ACT. If you look at the median and the quartiles of the accepted students at those type schools it is crazy. Stanford/Northwestern are different - they can full ride scholarship and they have a certain amount of exemptions but they still have a minimum academic level for recruiting kids that is higher than the NCAA minimum - but not sure what it is (guessing Act around 24 and up?)
Voodoo - not arguing with you and am not talking about your son. All I am saying is 32 on the act is in the 95th percentile of what all kids get. If 36 is the top act score a 32 is pretty damn great. We all recognize though that different factors go into the acceptance of a high school student into a university. A 32 act may not cut it, but a 28 and playing in the symphonic band for 3 years may gain acceptance. I sure as heck don't know what gives a kid the edge over another, once again but a 32 is pretty damn good.

Which is not entirely true perhaps

You are good at googling things and kids addresses - did you google the school?

17.7percent acceptance rate
33 ACT is above average for the incoming class and 31 is below average.

Now remove all the accepted kids that had their application supported and those average ACT numbers for a regular application rise dramatically since quite a few of the 4000 kids that go there do an activity at the school and had their application supported for that purpose.

With a 34, my kid was denied entrance to Northwestern and Georgia Tech. She checked off considerable boxes for clubs and such ... no dice.
That's unfortunate. That's why there is immeasurable pressure on the youngsters today to excel at all that they do. It sometimes takes the fun out of being a kid. Different in my day.

Reactions: Gene K. and LAguy
Voodoo - not arguing with you and am not talking about your son. All I am saying is 32 on the act is in the 95th percentile of what all kids get. If 36 is the top act score a 32 is pretty damn great. We all recognize though that different factors go into the acceptance of a high school student into a university. A 32 act may not cut it, but a 28 and playing in the symphonic band for 3 years may gain acceptance. I sure as heck don't know what gives a kid the edge over another, once again but a 32 is pretty damn good.

All good. We on the same page. Yes it’s a good score but just one variable.

The cost of most of those schools are crazy. Tough to get merit academic scholarships there when you competing with the kids that have 35/36 ACTs!!

My son has some sports scholarships and academic merit scholarships at NAIA/D2 schools for Football, but I think The price/value proposition is better to go Pioneer league or State school with lots of merit academic grants (I’m not going to get shit from FAFSA or whatever they call that financial colonoscopy audit). I’m a tad concerned he is going to want to play for one of those smartie schools with the 70k all in yearly tab!

You are good at googling things and kids addresses - did you google the school?

17.7percent acceptance rate
33 ACT is above average for the incoming class and 31 is below average.

Now remove all the accepted kids that had their application supported and those average ACT numbers for a regular application rise dramatically since quite a few of the 4000 kids that go there do an activity at the school and had their application supported for that purpose.

24% of their students did not use their ACT score in the application process, so probably a fair guess that they had a score that was a bit lower than those that did use it... thus my statement,, but still a great school

24% of their students did not use their ACT score in the application process, so probably a fair guess that they had a score that was a bit lower than those that did use it... thus my statement,, but still a great school

Yes you can pick between the SAT and ACT on which one you want to use for your application if the school accepts both (most schools accept both). If your SAT is higher then obviously you would submit that one. I think there is an equivalency ratio that allows you to compare ACT vs SAT (and that’s how kids decide which one to use in their applications) but that would take a lot of work to see what those 24pecent of kids would have as an equivelant ACT score....

Yes you can pick between the SAT and ACT on which one you want to use for your application if the school accepts both (most schools accept both). If your SAT is higher then obviously you would submit that one. I think there is an equivalency ratio that allows you to compare ACT vs SAT (and that’s how kids decide which one to use in their applications) but that would take a lot of work to see what those 24pecent of kids would have as an equivelant ACT score....

That's incorrect, students do not need to submit either if they so choose..

That's incorrect, students do not need to submit either if they so choose..

If you say so - but It says on most application processes at most schools that US students must submit an ACT or SAT test score for your application to be considered. Now with the Foreign students - I’m not sure how that works or if there is an international test standard that they accept from foreign students.

From their website.....

Wesleyan will not require applicants from U.S. and Canadian schools to submit SAT or ACT scores as part of an application for admission. We believe that students should have the power to decide how best to present themselves to the admission committee and whether—or not—their standardized test results accurately reflect their academic ability and potential. For those who elect to submit them, test scores will be reviewed in a holistic manner, in the context of other application materials and indicators of ability and promise. At Wesleyan we know the best predictor of success in college is a student’s academic record, the track record of day-to-day work in the classroom; the school transcript continues to be the primary focus of our application review, with or without standardized test scores.

From their website.....

Wesleyan will not require applicants from U.S. and Canadian schools to submit SAT or ACT scores as part of an application for admission. We believe that students should have the power to decide how best to present themselves to the admission committee and whether—or not—their standardized test results accurately reflect their academic ability and potential. For those who elect to submit them, test scores will be reviewed in a holistic manner, in the context of other application materials and indicators of ability and promise. At Wesleyan we know the best predictor of success in college is a student’s academic record, the track record of day-to-day work in the classroom; the school transcript continues to be the primary focus of our application review, with or without standardized test scores.

Wow and they let in somewhere between 0 and 24percent of their last class without a standardized test score submission? (Foreign students are in that 24percent without an ACT or SAT) - very progressive and Liberal Artsie!! That’s not what U of Chicago or the Ivy’s Do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT