ADVERTISEMENT

31 sacks real?

They voluntairlily went up two classes. I don’t think any top privates have been “forced” to go up any more than 2 (well Naz might next year).

If you want to be the best - beat the best.
Awfully difficult to do when they recruit D1 talent and you are not allowed to. Obvious as heck to those who are willing to see it. And I've said it before...theoretically you could have a 100 enrollment and win 8A--all you have to do is have the best talent in a 2.7 million population go to the same school. That sounds familiar doesn't it?

Awfully difficult to do when they recruit D1 talent and you are not allowed to. Obvious as heck to those who are willing to see it. And I've said it before...theoretically you could have a 100 enrollment and win 8A--all you have to do is have the best talent in a 2.7 million population go to the same school. That sounds familiar doesn't it?

Here are the other schools in Chicago that can do the same thing .....ugh I don’t know if I can fit them all in.

So why is just Phillips the only one in chicago that can get D1 talent?

So what you’re really saying is make them play 8A? Ok if that’s the case then take every non-boundary scoop and make them do the exact same thing. Put only non-boundary schools in 8A. Would that fit your little everybody should get a trophy narrative?

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21
Here are the other schools in Chicago that can do the same thing .....ugh I don’t know if I can fit them all in.

So what you’re really saying is make them play 8A? Ok if that’s the case then take every non-boundary scoop and make them do the exact same thing. Put only non-boundary schools in 8A. Would that fit your little everybody should get a trophy narrative?

That would be fantastic!! Get all the best teams into one division/classification. Winner of that is the champion of champions!! Then have as many “other” classifications as you want and give them trophies as well if you want.

You guys can stop with the "everybody gets a trophy" bullshit. I never said that and you know it. Make the rules the same for everyone is what I've said. If Phillips can recruit D1 players from other schools then Morris can as well. And Geneseo. And sterling. And Lemont. And on and on. That would create a whole new set of problems but having one set of regs for Some and another set for others ain't working in my opinion. Right now Phillips can do whatever the hell they want and the rest of us are supposed to marvel at all of the wonderfulness!!!!

Reactions: Gene K.

So we need to screw over the rest of the state so Chicago can have a feel good story? Hasn't that area already played that song with JRW??

CPS can't compete with the rest of the state in 7A and 8A using defined boundaries, so they dumb it down and drop them into the smaller classes with open boundaries...

And IHSA is afraid to touch it or they will be called racists by some...

You guys can stop with the "everybody gets a trophy" bullshit. I never said that and you know it. Make the rules the same for everyone is what I've said. If Phillips can recruit D1 players from other schools then Morris can as well. And Geneseo. And sterling. And Lemont. And on and on. That would create a whole new set of problems but having one set of regs for Some and another set for others ain't working in my opinion. Right now Phillips can do whatever the hell they want and the rest of us are supposed to marvel at all of the wonderfulness!!!!

You’re not gonna find what you’re looking for here. The majority of posters are private school guys, most of the rest are fans of big class teams.
Nobody here cares too much if 5A and smaller classes get lopsided. It is a new one to me to hear that underprivileged kids should be allowed to play small ball even though their team seemingly gets kids from all over the city, but everything else is pretty much status quo. They will always tell you to work harder, quit crying, etc...

So we need to screw over the rest of the state so Chicago can have a feel good story? Hasn't that area already played that song with JRW??

CPS can't compete with the rest of the state in 7A and 8A using defined boundaries, so they dumb it down and drop them into the smaller classes with open boundaries...

And IHSA is afraid to touch it or they will be called racists by some...

You’re right. We will move all the non-boundary schools into one class. Then we will go from 8 classes to 10. Let every team in with 3 wins or more and give trophies to all the teams that try real real hard.

Just wondering - Raby, Young, Simeon, Curie, Morgan Park, Urban Prep - they all have the 0 boundary rule as well. There are several more that I am sure I could mention. Yet your ire is for just Phillips. Let me guess, it’s because they are winning.

You’re right. We will move all the non-boundary schools into one class. Then we will go from 8 classes to 10. Let every team in with 3 wins or more and give trophies to all the teams that try real real hard.

Just wondering - Raby, Young, Simeon, Curie, Morgan Park, Urban Prep - they all have the 0 boundary rule as well. There are several more that I am sure I could mention. Yet your ire is for just Phillips. Let me guess, it’s because they are winning.

They are the current destination school in the city of they want to play football... why go to 8A Simeon when you can go to Phillips and play in 5A?

They are the current destination school in the city of they want to play football... why go to 8A Simeon when you can go to Phillips and play in 5A?

Funny because they would normally be in 3A. Urban Prep is 5 Raby 4 so kids do have choices.

Much like basketball they go where the exposure and path to college exists.

Much like basketball they go where the exposure and path to college exists.

You pretty much waved your white flag right there, didn't you?

Lemont, Sterling and Dunlap get the kids that live in their district, they have 1000 kids to choose from... Phillips has about 110,000 to chose from..

Only ones that are pathetic are those that cant see the huge edge a school like Phillips has... 2.7 million people to draw from with no boundary, and they play in 5A? that's whats pathetic, that the IHSA allows their garbage to go on..
So instead of running your mouth and not doing squat about, go do something about it? Get off your couch and get to work.

Lemont, Sterling and Dunlap get the kids that live in their district, they have 1000 kids to choose from... Phillips has about 110,000 to chose from..

But Phillips has ALWAYS had that luxury. So have the other schools. So why does it work now? Oh wait those kids were headed to Rita and Mt Carmel etc.

Much like we have here in Lake County with Carmel. Carmel has one title game appearance while traditional powers up here have much more. So based on your logic Carmel should be better.

But Phillips has ALWAYS had that luxury. So have the other schools. So why does it work now? Oh wait those kids were headed to Rita and Mt Carmel etc.

Much like we have here in Lake County with Carmel. Carmel has one title game appearance while traditional powers up here have much more. So based on your logic Carmel should be better.

Well duh, they finally got a coach in there that knew how to work the system.. so whats your point???

110,000 to choose from as if there is a combine where 8th graders work out in front of coaches..wild stuff there! Phillips getting d1 talent... So are 8th graders coming in d1 ready? Since no team can take 110k kids where are the athletes they dont choose phillips going? Are the 5+ coaches on staff doing nothing but letting the d1 kids use their natural ability? are all the d1 guys on the field at the same time? what about transfers who came in that do not see the field, or should the focus be just on the 2 impact ones? no coaching credit for player development for 4-5mths of practice? transfers at the 1-5A level seems to matter most here.

Jackie Robinson cheated but I for one am not saying Phillips cheated in any way. I respect the way Phillips has performed on the field and certainly with Phillips voluntarily moving up in class. If the kids are achieving academically that gets a lot more respect from me and others on this board. The only thing that bothers me and others is the way the CPS and IHSA allow kids to come from anywhere in the City of Chicago with its huge population to attend Phillips without a multiplier. Seems like a unfair advantage not only against other schools in playoffs but also against other CPS teams. Anyway good luck tomorrow.

Reactions: doctor_d
110,000 to choose from as if there is a combine where 8th graders work out in front of coaches..wild stuff there! Phillips getting d1 talent... So are 8th graders coming in d1 ready? Since no team can take 110k kids where are the athletes they dont choose phillips going? Are the 5+ coaches on staff doing nothing but letting the d1 kids use their natural ability? are all the d1 guys on the field at the same time? what about transfers who came in that do not see the field, or should the focus be just on the 2 impact ones? no coaching credit for player development for 4-5mths of practice? transfers at the 1-5A level seems to matter most here.

Correct me if I am wrong... they have had several kids already getting DI attention transfer in?

Jackie Robinson cheated but I for one am not saying Phillips cheated in any way. I respect the way Phillips has performed on the field and certainly with Phillips voluntarily moving up in class. If the kids are achieving academically that gets a lot more respect from me and others on this board. The only thing that bothers me and others is the way the CPS and IHSA allow kids to come from anywhere in the City of Chicago with its huge population to attend Phillips without a multiplier. Seems like a unfair advantage not only against other schools in playoffs but also against other CPS teams. Anyway good luck tomorrow.

That's my thing, I teach and put a lot of credence into them being students as well as athletes.... have a pretty good idea of what kind of academic standards are in place there so these kids can stay on the field.. lets see how many of these D1 kids walk about with a college degree

That's my thing, I teach and put a lot of credence into them being students as well as athletes.... have a pretty good idea of what kind of academic standards are in place there so these kids can stay on the field.. lets see how many of these D1 kids walk about with a college degree
You don't teach them. You degrade them. And on top of it you do nothing to better the situation and/or person.

You don't teach them. You degrade them. And on top of it you do nothing to better the situation and/or person.

You mean other than pay taxes??

Being honest about the situation isn't degrading them, apparently in your mind the solution is to let them win a state title and look the other way why all of the other crap is going on to allow it.

You mean other than pay taxes??

Being honest about the situation isn't degrading them, apparently in your mind the solution is to let them win a state title and look the other way why all of the other crap is going on to allow it.
Typical clown response.

Again, what do you do to better the situation? Nothing, except piss and moan.

I can’t wait for @EdgyTim to get done with his TV work and dump this thread...I hope he deletes @BBCHS77 completely! Dude is a loser with no intent but stirring up things (most likely cause his youth football team he coaches lost)

Reactions: Bowie50
I can’t wait for @EdgyTim to get done with his TV work and dump this thread...I hope he deletes @BBCHS77 completely! Dude is a loser with no intent but stirring up things (most likely cause his youth football team he coaches lost)

I get it, you hate everything that involves downstate and that's clouding your judgement, so very sad.. and you continue with your childish name calling because I beat you up with the facts..

I get it, you hate everything that involves downstate and that's clouding your judgement, so very sad.. and you continue with your childish name calling because I beat you up with the facts..

Wow you calling someone out for name calling.

I actually enjoy downstate football - loved the 2A game today. Tuscola was impressive and Rochester will win again.

Quietly rooting for Dunlap - at least for a good game.

I,I,I,I,I,me,me,me,me,me,my,my,my,my,my

Please get help for your NPD, Jon.

Correct me if I am wrong... they have had several kids already getting DI attention transfer in?

What about the kids who were already getting d1 attention there, or the kids who played multiple years there and went d1 ? People are crying on about 2 impact transfers it appears , other kids transferred in to, but don't get alot of playing time, but no one cares right? if the starting RB has to start at linebacker also what does that say about depth? stop making it seem like they are d1 top to bottom. oh by the way if it was a problem I'm sure the other school would've blocked the transfer and iniated an IHSA investigaion like in basketball: https://www.suntimeshighschoolsports.com/2017/11/22/ihsa-basketball-transfers/

What about the kids who were already getting d1 attention there, or the kids who played multiple years there and went d1 ? People are crying on about 2 impact transfers it appears , other kids transferred in to, but don't get alot of playing time, but no one cares right? if the starting RB has to start at linebacker also what does that say about depth? stop making it seem like they are d1 top to bottom. oh by the way if it was a problem I'm sure the other school would've blocked the transfer and iniated an IHSA investigaion like in basketball: https://www.suntimeshighschoolsports.com/2017/11/22/ihsa-basketball-transfers/

There have been more than two D1 transfers

Phillips is not a non-boundary school. Phillips is a neighborhood school. I said it earlier in this thread, either something is fishy or the Bronzeville area of the city is a hotbed for D1 football talent

Phillips is not a non-boundary school. Phillips is a neighborhood school. I said it earlier in this thread, either something is fishy or the Bronzeville area of the city is a hotbed for D1 football talent

One of the articles I read last year said the Elmore kids live down around Gately..

They don't even hide it! Phillips is a good team. I just have a hard time giving them any props because they are playing by a different set of rules (none).

CPS website shows them having a defined boundary, but the school isn't even located within that boundary??? LOL

The Tribune article from yesterday said one of their kids lived on Stony Island, which doesn't pass near that boundary..

But I guess they are playing in 5A, which is where they would be if multiplied like other recruiter schools..

You guys are such jackasses with this same old drone. If they were multiplied they'd be 4 so they imposed a SF penalty on themselves as well and your still not pleased, yet have no issue with Rochester winning 7 of the last 8 state titles at 4a. This would make Rochester 8A this year had they had the same penalty factor as the Private schools like SHG have imposed...how ironic! Perhaps the coach at Rochester should grow a set of stones. Now go ahead HHS and tell us all how Rochester doesn't recruit you piece of $hit.

CPS website shows them having a defined boundary, but the school isn't even located within that boundary??? LOL

The Tribune article from yesterday said one of their kids lived on Stony Island, which doesn't pass near that boundary..

But I guess they are playing in 5A, which is where they would be if multiplied like other recruiter schools..

Reactions: Bowie50 and pjjp
You guys are such jackasses with this same old drone. If they were multiplied they'd be 4 so they imposed a SF penalty on themselves as well and your still not pleased, yet have no issue with Rochester winning 7 of the last 8 state titles at 4a. This would make Rochester 8A this year had they had the same penalty factor as the Private schools like SHG have imposed...how ironic! Perhaps the coach at Rochester should grow a set of stones. Now go ahead HHS and tell us all how Rochester doesn't recruit you piece of $hit.

Please, give me a list of Rochester transfers......

I never said a word about Transfers to Rochester, but thank you for being as predictable as normal.

You said:

"tell us all how Rochester doesn't recruit you piece of $hit. "

You are the genius that wants Rochester to have a SF even though they are a closed boundary school...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT