ADVERTISEMENT

Who Are Your Picks to Win State?

Franks and Beans!
5aHX5ne.jpg

Reactions: Bowie50
Coondog,

we have Chambersburg tonight you still in Mechanicsburg?

Cumberland Valley traveled to Lancaster, lost 32-26 against Manheim Township, #2 6A in PA. Saw the first half (and best band in the world) perform at halftime before heading home.

I was watching online and couldn’t believe the fumble with 2minutes left after converting the 4th down only to fumble two plays later. I felt horrible for those boys they played their asses off.

Cumberland Valley traveled to Lancaster, lost 32-26 against Manheim Township, #2 6A in PA. Saw the first half (and best band in the world) perform at halftime before heading home.

Reactions: Gene K.
Wassup:

I'm only going to pick teams on which I would bet my life and wife.

7A: Nazareth will crush every opponent on its way to the 7A title
6A: ESL
5A: Montini

8A is far too difficult to interpret at the moment. As far as 4A, I am inclined to say Immaculate Conception and Coal City are the likely contenders.

Sounds like that old Jack Benny routine, "You're money or your wife."

Reactions: MWittman
I just want to state officially that although I'm a Naz fan and alum I am not Insane nor belong to a Posse. That being said of course they win 7a. However to all, do you guys really care about respect on a message board? If you do then your priorities are out of whack. If you disagree you disagree, message boards thrive on the contrarians. As long as you don't attack someone or violate board rules, everyone and everything is fair game. I sit here lurking all year long and read the banter for the enjoyment and to keep the little connection I have to Illinois HS sports, everyone keep your opinions coming, small school or large school, public or private, and Go Roadrunners!

Well said and amazing posting rate of .875 per year!

I echo coondogs sentiments. Love reading this board for the banter but these Warren guys are some dorks! Hopefully them being in the weight room gets them to state because I have them losing to LWE in my bracket challenge. Go hill!

yep the impossible just happened folks. I am now officially dumber for reeding this. Damnit - I tried

What does watching them last year have to do with them being the prohibitive favorite this year? They are good, one of the favs for sure but they didn’t win it last year...
Irish LB......again, no one said a thing about Warren winning last year!!!! The Warren Team you are seeing on the field this year is essentially the *same team* from last year +/-. They were young and hungry last year. They are more mature, hungry, and now dominant THIS YEAR.

Can someone please post the brackets because I am really misreading them...I thought it was LA v GBW...

GBW vs LA on the north shore is next week.

Huntley plays Marist and the winner gets GBW/LA

The semi in that bracket will be that winner vs winner of ND/LWE and HF/NV

Top bracket is Minooka/Edwardsville vs South Elgin/BR

Other quad is warren/ fremd vs Bolingbrook/ Oswego

I think we should go back to when we used to adopt programs. PBL Panthers are in the second round of the 3A playoffs and play the Farmington - wait for it, Farmers. PBL is 8-2 on the yea for head coach Josh Pritchard.

If they would of beat Rice then Marist last year the entire state would of seen them play. Yes, this is a new year but you have to beat a ranked team before your proclaimed world beaters.

I'll definitely purchase the Hinsdale Central Warren Quarterfinal. I remember last years game was a 7-6 slugfest.

This did not age well

This did not age well

Didnt see the brook responding like that after a loss to Andrew. Credit to them.

Is Bolingbrook that good or did they just expose a weak conference that Hinsdale Central was 8-1 in ?

I guess we’ll find out next week when the hitters take on the “underdog Ramblers.” If Loyola keeps squeaking out Ws with their best player on the sidelines.
Hats off to their coaching staff.

Is Bolingbrook that good or did they just expose a weak conference that Hinsdale Central was 8-1 in ?

I guess we’ll find out next week when the hitters take on the “underdog Ramblers.” If Loyola keeps squeaking out Ws with their best player on the sidelines.
Hats off to their coaching staff.
HC and GW were getting credit all season for their week 1 wins. Turns out NC was overrated and MS didn’t make it out of round 1. The rest of the WSS did not have much to offer this season. LA is the favorite in this game. They have a vastly superior record in the 8A playoffs and will be at home. Last time these two met in the playoffs, LA went into Duchon and blew the Hitters out 42-13. LA by 10.

Reactions: Queen4
Last time these two met in the playoffs, LA went into Duchon and blew the Hitters out 42-13. LA by 10.[/QUOTE]
To be fair Bruce, that GW team was beat up really bad and not exactly one of GW’s finest considering they were the team that broke the streak of WSS champs. And that o-line from LA were absolute monsters. LA was is a different league that year.

This GW team has significantly more weapons than that team, but I do agree that LA is the favorite. I say LA -6

That is probably a good number Cap.

also you are dominating the bracket challenge. That internet connection you have must pickup streams of 1A-4A games from every corner of the state

Last time these two met in the playoffs, LA went into Duchon and blew the Hitters out 42-13. LA by 10.
To be fair Bruce, that GW team was beat up really bad and not exactly one of GW’s finest considering they were the team that broke the streak of WSS champs. And that o-line from LA were absolute monsters. LA was is a different league that year.

This GW team has significantly more weapons than that team, but I do agree that LA is the favorite. I say LA -6[/QUOTE]

CapHitters
Class post!

That is probably a good number Cap.

also you are dominating the bracket challenge. That internet connection you have must pickup streams of 1A-4A games from every corner of the state
I haven’t seen any aggregate leaderboard. Maybe my connection is too slow to load that board. Are there gif images on it?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT