8A- HF beats Warren
7A- MC over Naz
6A- ESL over CG
5A- Rita over Rochester
4A- IC over Mac
3A- Byron over DuQuoin
2A- NCC over Maroa
1A- Freeport over Moweaqua

Since I'm at one with my High School Football knowledgality I root for the Dukane Conference..

8A - St Chuck East
7A - Batavia beats WWS(the two youngest teams in Dukane) in Semi's to play and beat, again, GBN which will be the biggest high school football travesty of all time according to some..
6A - ESL, I think they are pretty good for some reason
5A - Don't care
4A - Don't care
3A - Princeton Tigers will bring it home to Euclid St..
2A - Don't care
1A - Don't care

Edgy Posse start your attacks..

Last edited:
Reactions: Wassup13
Since I'm at one with my High School Football knowledgality I root for the Dukane Conference..

8A - St Chuck East
7A - Batavia beats WWS(the two youngest teams in Dukane) in Semi's to play and beat, again, GBN which will be the biggest high school football travesty of all time according to some..
6A - Don't care
5A - ESL, I think they are pretty good for some reason
4A - Don't care
2A - Don't care
1A - Don't care

ESL isn't in 5A would be my only attack.

JCA and SR are 7A level teams that play in a conference where the upper echelon is either 7 of 8A.

If JCA played mostly 6A this year, that's an anomaly (although some on this board with lots of free time will analyze everything.)

A team's post season assignment should be based on their level of competition,. The top tier of the new League is certainly 7A/ 8A.

If you want MC to move up to 8A, it's fine with me.

Whatever we do, I don't want to be playing those Saturday morning games on Thanksgiving Saturday. Had we been down in 5A all those years with JCA, Montini and Providence, we'd have 25 trophies.
It’s great that we can count on certain annual rites of passage every fall, specifically the leaves falling from the trees, kids trick or treating..... and MC63’s incessant bitching about JCA’s playoff classification.

Mount Carmel is absolutely stoppable in 7A.
you sure about that ?

giphy.gif

8A - St Chuck East
6A - ESL, I think they are pretty good for some reason
5A - Don't care
4A - Don't care
2A - Don't care
1A - Don't care

I had a hard time starting my attack because - I don't care!!

JCA and SR are 7A level teams that play in a conference where the upper echelon is either 7 of 8A.

If JCA played mostly 6A this year, that's an anomaly (although some on this board with lots of free time will analyze everything.)

A team's post season assignment should be based on their level of competition,. The top tier of the new League is certainly 7A/ 8A.

Whatever we do, I don't want to be playing those Saturday morning games on Thanksgiving Saturday. Had we been down in 5A all those years with JCA, Montini and Providence, we'd have 25 trophies.
25 trophies,wow, Wishful thinking.

GBS barely beat a 2 - 7 Streamwood and a 1 - 8 Elgin Larkin. South Elgin, which is a very good team, beat them 63 - 0. However, GBS did beat a weak West Chicago team by a score of 48 - 7. This from the IHSA website.
Weird schedule. G.S. lost to three 8-1 teams. Beat two 1-8 teams and two 2-7 teams. Kind of feast or famine schedule. Hard to judge. SR had 8 out 9 opponents make the playoffs. On paper SR should win at home. But the wild card is they are starting a new QB. SR wins but what's the betting line?

Last edited:
Weird schedule. G.S. lost to three 8-1 teams. Beat two 1-8 teams and two 2-7 teams. Kind of feast or famine schedule. Hard to judge. SR had 8 out 9 opponents make the playoffs. On paper SR should win at home. But the wild card is they are starting a new QB. SR wins but what's the betting line?
The point spread established by Kenneth Massey is St. Rita by 42 points.

Here goes the kerosene

State Championship Teams

1975 (4A) 5 Classes

· Just 16 TEAMS PER CLASS

· Wednesday Playoff Game

· All Conference Champions and a few at-large teams selected by the IHSA were eligible

· Enrollment was the average enrollment of your conference minus the biggest and smallest

1976 (4A) 5 Classes

· Wednesday Playoff Game

· All Conference Champions and a few at-large teams selected by the IHSA were eligible

· Enrollment was the average enrollment of your conference minus the biggest and smallest

1977 (4A) 5 Classes

· Wednesday Playoff Game

1978 (4A) 5 Classes

· Wednesday Playoff Game

1981 (5A) 6 Classes

· Wednesday Playoff Game

1987 (5A) 6 Classes

· 32 TEAMS PER CLASS

· Wednesday Playoff Game

· All Conference Champions, Co-Champions and numerous at-large teams selected by the IHSA were eligible

1990 (4A) 6 Classes

· 32 TEAMS PER CLASS

· Wednesday Playoff Game

1999 (4A) 6 Classes

· 32 TEAMS PER CLASS

· All Conference Champions, Co-Champions and numerous at-large teams selected by the IHSA were eligible

· "Football enrollment" determined playoff class and it was the average enrollment of all your opponents minus the biggest and smallest

2000 (4A) 6 Classes 32 TEAMS PER CLASS

· 32 TEAMS PER CLASS

· "Football enrollment" determined playoff class and it was the average enrollment of all your opponents minus the biggest and smallest

2001 (5A) 8 Classes 32 TEAMS PER CLASS

· 32 TEAMS PER CLASS

· All 9-0, 8-1, 7-2, 6-3 & some 5-4 teams eligible

2003 (5A) 8 Classes

· 32 TEAMS PER CLASS

2004 (5A) 8 Classes 32 TEAMS PER CLASS

· 32 TEAMS PER CLASS

2007 (6A) 8 Classes

· 32 TEAMS PER CLASS

2018 (5A) 8 Classes

· 32 TEAMS PER CLASS

· 1.65 Enrollment Multiplier for non-boundaried schools

· Success Factor rule in which a non-boundaried school program that wins 2 state trophies over the course of a 4-year stretch is moved up a Class the following year

Runner Up Finishes

1992 (5A) 6 Classes 32 TEAMS PER CLASS

· 32 TEAMS PER CLASS

· Wednesday Playoff Game

·

2009 (5A) 8 Classes

· 32 TEAMS PER CLASS

2011 (5A) 8 Classes

· 32 TEAMS PER CLASS

1A- Lena over Central A&M
2A- Maroa over Fieldcrest
3A- Willamsville over Byron
4A- Coal City over Columbia
5A- Sycamore over Rochester
6A- ESL over Prairie Ridge
7A- Naz over Mt Carmel
8A- LWE over Warren

Reactions: McEvergreen
Anyone not picking Warren to win 8A obviously hasn’t seen Warren play the last two seasons......this team is VERY dangerous on both sides of the ball.

You’re aware they didn’t win 8a last year right?
.......(searching though my comment for where I would’ve mentioned Warren winning State last year....I didn’t ). My point is this team was good before the Brother Rice loss last year and they done nothing but improve since. I challenge you to find a stingier, more efficient defense in 8A than Warren.

.......(searching though my comment for where I would’ve mentioned Warren winning State last year....I didn’t ). My point is this team was good before the Brother Rice loss last year and they done nothing but improve since. I challenge you to find a stingier, more efficient defense in 8A than Warren.
What does watching them last year have to do with them being the prohibitive favorite this year? They are good, one of the favs for sure but they didn’t win it last year...

Reactions: Gene K.
Against the Sisters of the Poor.

1A Lena-Winslow
2A Fieldcrest (Minonk)
3A Byron
4A Stillman Valley
5A Hillcrest
6A East St Louis
7A Mt. Carmel
8A Glenbard West

Gonna give this a shot
8A- Niles Notre Dame (An alum can dream right?)
7A- Nazareth: Underrated defense, Great QB, and great size and speed and WR
6A- Cary Grove: Always a rough out, plays hard. Everyone can’t have ESL, takes the fun out of it
5A- Rochester: Not buying all the JCA and Rita hype
4A- IC Catholic
3A- Vandalia
2A- St Teresa
1A- Lena
You probably hurt edgy Tim's feelings by not taking ESL JCA and Rita. Lol. I like your picks!

Reactions: NickThilmany

It never gets old.

Wassup:

I'm only going to pick teams on which I would bet my life and wife.

7A: Nazareth will crush every opponent on its way to the 7A title
6A: ESL
5A: Montini

8A is far too difficult to interpret at the moment. As far as 4A, I am inclined to say Immaculate Conception and Coal City are the likely contenders.

Wassup:

I'm only going to pick teams on which I would bet my life and wife.

7A: Nazareth will crush every opponent on its way to the 7A title
6A: ESL
5A: Montini

8A is far too difficult to interpret at the moment. As far as 4A, I am inclined to say Immaculate Conception and Coal City are the likely contenders.

Wittman,

The first two rounds with Loyola, Maine South and Glenbard West in it is like the 9a playoff title.

Reactions: RockSoup
8 - Loyola/LWE
7 - Naz
6 - ESL
5 - JCA
4 - SFA

Not gonna be a good year for publics

I have noticed throughout history the private schools don't win a good number of state titles 2 years in a row.

That's why I mainly picked public schools this year.

If Warren was on the other side of the bracket they don’t survive the second round. They have a much easier route to at least the semis in their bracket.

Anyone not picking Warren to win 8A obviously hasn’t seen Warren play the last two seasons......this team is VERY dangerous on both sides of the ball.

So they couldn’t beat say Notre Dane or Barrington who they’ve already beaten or HF or Neuqua is Huntley or Maine south?

wow. Didn’t realize they suck now

ADVERTISEMENT