ADVERTISEMENT

Who Are Your Picks to Win State?

8 - Warren over LWE (Six Flags, natch)
7 - Batavia over MC (I dunno why)
6 - EStL over PR (by 4 TDs)
5 - Reeters over JCA (sorry JCHill)
4 - St Francis over Columbia (Homer call)
3 - Byron over Williamsville (sans clue)
2 - St Teresa over Fieldcrest (St T is a babe)
1 - Lena over Central A&M (Mortal lock)
You don't happen to live in a mud hut do ya?:)

8) Glenbard West (I think they will beat East and coast with that power running)
7) MC (unstoppable)
6) ESL (nobody can ground the Flyers)
5) Rita

8A Warren
7A Mt. Carmel
6A Chatham Glenwood
5A Sterling
4A St. Francis
3A Williamsville
2A Minonk Fieldcrest
1A Freeport Aquin

Wow, there are some different picks! I like to see people think outside the box!

I really did want to leave it alone but I just couldn’t. It’s like that last drink you have at the end of a long night, you know your gonna feel it in the morning but the bartender already opened the beer so you might as well drink it.

Lol Caravan8
Couldn’t have put it any better.

I think the team that wins five games in a row in each class will lay claim to the best in each class. But it’s only a rumor I’ve heard

Agreed. Speaking from my POV, the damn focus is on Glenbard South. Like most coaches with their respective teams, that's TK's focus--I can guarantee you that.

Agreed. Speaking from my POV, the damn focus is on Glenbard South. Like most coaches with their respective teams, that's TK's focus--I can guarantee you that.
How is Glenbard? They comparable to anyone Rita has played this year?

Where should JCA be? They played exactly 1 game against an 8A school this season and every other game against 6A schools or below. On the flip side, MC played in a division where every other team is in 8A, add in MS and MC played 4 of their 8 in state games against 8A teams, yet our enrollment puts us in 7A and no one is hollering about it.
JCA’s enrollment puts them in 5A, they are in a conference that has teams that span every class so there are bound to be games they play against higher class teams in the regular season.
Where should JCA be? They played exactly 1 game against an 8A school this season and every other game against 6A schools or below. On the flip side, MC played in a division where every other team is in 8A, add in MS and MC played 4 of their 8 in state games against 8A teams, yet our enrollment puts us in 7A and no one is hollering about it.
JCA’s enrollment puts them in 5A, they are in a conference that has teams that span every class so there are bound to be games they play against higher class teams in the regular season.

JCA and SR are 7A level teams that play in a conference where the upper echelon is either 7 of 8A.

If JCA played mostly 6A this year, that's an anomaly (although some on this board with lots of free time will analyze everything.)

A team's post season assignment should be based on their level of competition,. The top tier of the new League is certainly 7A/ 8A.

If you want MC to move up to 8A, it's fine with me.

Whatever we do, I don't want to be playing those Saturday morning games on Thanksgiving Saturday. Had we been down in 5A all those years with JCA, Montini and Providence, we'd have 25 trophies.

That's true. Some reason was thinking since they got demoted they couldn't request to move up.
What gets a school ok'd to move up classes?

Agree Marica,
MC could easily compete in 8A & if ESL is considered the best in the state then why not play the best in the state in 8A? I know they both would if the could but I think it’s an IHSA thing? I wonder if someone on the board please clarify.

What no love for the East defense? Lol
I have a lot of respect for East's defense. I have seen every game of theirs this year and believe they have not faced any team with the power of GBW. 3 out of 4 of East lineman are D1 prospects, but I just have not been impressed with their competition this year. They will be tested for sure.

Reactions: Iamjaytee
How is Glenbard? They comparable to anyone Rita has played this year?

GBS barely beat a 2 - 7 Streamwood and a 1 - 8 Elgin Larkin. South Elgin, which is a very good team, beat them 63 - 0. However, GBS did beat a weak West Chicago team by a score of 48 - 7. This from the IHSA website.

GBS barely beat a 2 - 7 Streamwood and a 1 - 8 Elgin Larkin. South Elgin, which is a very good team, beat them 63 - 0. However, GBS did beat a weak West Chicago team by a score of 48 - 7. This from the IHSA website.
Sounds maybe like Marian Catholic so should get close to running clock.

Sounds maybe like Marian Catholic so should get close to running clock.

Let's hope so and no injuries for both teams. If it is a blowout-type situation and with a Sophomore QB who needs the reps with the first team, should they play more series than usual? Risk of an injury can occur, but he needs the reps.

Let's hope so and no injuries for both teams. If it is a blowout-type situation and with a Sophomore QB who needs the reps with the first team, should they play more series than usual? Risk of an injury can occur, but he needs the reps.
I hope for comfortably in control, always up by 3-4 tds but not enough to empty the bench til middle of the 4th. Get some serious reps but don't seem pimpy piling on points and then get some seniors in.

I have a lot of respect for East's defense. I have seen every game of theirs this year and believe they have not faced any team with the power of GBW. 3 out of 4 of East lineman are D1 prospects, but I just have not been impressed with their competition this year. They will be tested for sure.

It will be interesting to me to see how East stacks up as the competition gets tougher. The one thing I noticed this year Vs past East teams is their overall team speed & explosiveness.

It will be interesting to me to see how East stacks up as the competition gets tougher. The one thing I noticed this year Vs past East teams is their overall team speed & explosiveness.
Any grass fields they may run into? The carmel marmion game was definitely the kind that could slow the track meet.

MC,

No private school with 600 or more male students belong in 5a.

JCA has 300 male students. They belong in 5a.
How many football players?
160 players/300 total or 80 players/800 total. Most times more players is better so total enrollment doesn't tell it all.

JCA and SR are 7A level teams that play in a conference where the upper echelon is either 7 of 8A.

If JCA played mostly 6A this year, that's an anomaly (although some on this board with lots of free time will analyze everything.)

Whatever we do, I don't want to be playing those Saturday morning games on Thanksgiving Saturday. Had we been down in 5A all those years with JCA, Montini and Providence, we'd have 25 trophies.

1. So anyone in a conference with an 8A team should play 8A?
  2. It's already been done in the post you responded to, which is nuts. I mean you literally just responded to this point.
  3. Would you break out the old leather helmet and play at 10 a.m.? Drive the Studebaker out to DeKalb down Route 38? I assure the board, yes!
  4. And if JCA, MCHS or PC had that many boys in the school we would be playing 7A or 8A and likely right there with MC. What part of "we don't have the male headcount" is so difficult to comprehend?

Warren over GW (too much D for GW)
Naz over MC (a close call)
PR over ESL (enough D to slow that big O; enough O to beat an average D)
Rockford Boylan over Rochester (Boylan is due)

Reactions: awilso6
The one thing I noticed this year Vs past East teams is their overall team speed & explosiveness.

Your participle is dangling. I'm guessing this years team has more speed and explosiveness? If that's the case I can't see them going anywhere but the finals.

8A - LWE over Warren (This is a tough game to pick - Warrens defense will punch you in the face....then go punch your Mom in the face..LOL)
7A - Naz (This is a very good Class of Teams, so it wont be easy)
6A - Prairie Ridge (They play a game that can keep the ball away from ESL's offense)
5A - Montini - (They might make it look easy)
4A - Columbia
3A - Fiarfield
2A - Nashville
1A - Central A&M (Seriously good team)

Prairie Ridge triple option will be something the Flyers are not use to. I think we are strong enough up front. Will come down to the LB and DE keeping their assignments. I can see their offensive giving us fits.

Warren over GW (too much D for GW)
Naz over MC (a close call)
PR over ESL (enough D to slow that big O; enough O to beat an average D)
Rockford Boylan over Rochester (Boylan is due)

They won’t stop the Flyers offense. They might give us fits with the option.

Your participle is dangling. I'm guessing this years team has more speed and explosiveness? If that's the case I can't see them going anywhere but the finals.

I am waiting to see how they stack up as the competition gets tougher. It would be interesting to hear what a team like NC thinks since they have played some tough teams on their schedule.

A team's post season assignment should be based on their level of competition,. The top tier of the new League is certainly 7A/ 8A.

If you want MC to move up to 8A, it's fine with me.

In a post a couple of weeks ago NNFAN lied about JCA playing an 8A schedule last season. He falsely claimed they dropped 3 classes to win 5A. I posted proof that their opponents averaged to an enrollment number that was 6A last season. I have ran the numbers this year. The average enrollment number (using the figures on the IHSA website) of the teams JCA played this year is 1139.75. A team with that enrollment would be in 5A. They were not in the playoffs in 2017 or 2016 so I skipped those years. In 2015 their opponents averaged to a very high 6A. So there clearly is no anomaly this year, as you falsely believe. By the way, some of us on this board have to analyze everything because we want to know the truth. You apparently lack the energy to actually find out if what you are claiming has any basis in reality.

A lie is a lie, no matter how many people believe it. The truth is the truth, no matter how few people believe it.

MC,

No private school with 600 or more male students belong in 5a.

JCA has 300 male students. They belong in 5a.

JCA is a 7A program -- they have played a 7A schedule for years.

Their enrollment doesn't match their football sophistication.

JCA is a 7A program -- they have played a 7A schedule for years

This is why people like me are putting parents in homes when they get old. Dementia, stubborn, take their teeth out when they eat and still thinking it’s the 1970s.

Disproven and shown the math multiple times, @MC63 still waves the front page of the Tribune: “Dewey Defeats Truman”

Gonna give this a shot
8A- Niles Notre Dame (An alum can dream right?)
7A- Nazareth: Underrated defense, Great QB, and great size and speed and WR
6A- Cary Grove: Always a rough out, plays hard. Everyone can’t have ESL, takes the fun out of it
5A- Rochester: Not buying all the JCA and Rita hype
4A- IC Catholic
3A- Vandalia
2A- St Teresa
1A- Lena

Reactions: msuyko and Wassup13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT