ADVERTISEMENT

Who Are Your Picks to Win State?

Showing a lack of respect for Warren could get you in trouble with the posters(both of them) near SIx Flags!

i think they are used to it. It is what it is. See a lot of post like this at this time of year. Remember seeing them in the early years of Lake Zurich dominance as well.

when you don’t see a team play it’s easy to make assumptions. That’s cool that’s why they play the games.

Reactions: boylanfan33
i think they are used to it. It is what it is. See a lot of post like this at this time of year. Remember seeing them in the early years of Lake Zurich dominance as well.

when you don’t see a team play it’s easy to make assumptions. That’s cool that’s why they play the games.

I am confused. Why do the Warren people think they get no respect. Jwar's post was basically the first one I have seen that has questioned Warren. Everyone else on this board has openly stated that they are one of the top teams in 8A. Every poll has them ranked near the top. Enough of the Rodney Dangerfield routine already!

Reactions: Gene K.
I am confused. Why do the Warren people think they get no respect. Jwar's post was basically the first one I have seen that has questioned Warren. Everyone else on this board has openly stated that they are one of the top teams in 8A. Every poll has them ranked near the top. Enough of the Rodney Dangerfield routine already!

I didn’t say that at all. I think this year in particular they do. I was referring to past posts - not from JW, that had not given credit to many teams - way back before PR and Cary has great success, same with LZ.

I think when people don’t see teams play and only look at the schedule it’s easy to dismiss those teams because they haven’t has frequent success like the bigger names schools have.

I think this year is a perfect example of some teams living off of past hype. But the playoffs will weed all that out.

I also contend there is no such no such thing as an easy draw. It’s the playoffs, everyone earned their spot here. I think we’ve seen countless times in the past where teams enter the playoffs with tons of hype surrounding them only to not win out.

so in a roundabout way I don’t see Warren egg tying disrespected. JW’s post was interesting and that’s about as far as I would go with that.

I didn’t say that at all. I think this year in particular they do. I was referring to past posts - not from JW, that had not given credit to many teams - way back before PR and Cary has great success, same with LZ.

I think when people don’t see teams play and only look at the schedule it’s easy to dismiss those teams because they haven’t has frequent success like the bigger names schools have.

I think this year is a perfect example of some teams living off of past hype. But the playoffs will weed all that out.

I also contend there is no such no such thing as an easy draw. It’s the playoffs, everyone earned their spot here. I think we’ve seen countless times in the past where teams enter the playoffs with tons of hype surrounding them only to not win out.

so in a roundabout way I don’t see Warren egg tying disrespected. JW’s post was interesting and that’s about as far as I would go with that.

What is Warrens best playoff run to date?
Just curious.
(Don't mean to cause a riot, I think their Defense is top tier this year and last)

Reactions: Gene K.
There is so much talk about Warren that I definitely need to go watch them play.

If they would of beat Rice then Marist last year the entire state would of seen them play. Yes, this is a new year but you have to beat a ranked team before your proclaimed world beaters.

I'll definitely purchase the Hinsdale Central Warren Quarterfinal. I remember last years game was a 7-6 slugfest.

Enough talking ... Warren is in the weight room and studying film. Another difference this year is a seasoned QB (Trinate Jacobs). Plus they have added more play makers. Please stop the favorable bracket talk .... you make your luck ... just win the games on your schedule. Home of Six Flags .... if you come NORTH the flag is still open !

Enough talking ... Warren is in the weight room and studying film. Another difference this year is a seasoned QB (Trinate Jacobs). Plus they have added more play makers. Please stop the favorable bracket talk .... you make your luck ... just win the games on your schedule. Home of Six Flags .... if you come NORTH the flag is still open !
I'm pulling for ya MJ..

Reactions: Bowie50
It is a new year for everyone. In suburban public schools talent level shifts. If you have been looking at the NSC for the last 4 years ... it is clear Warren youth and high school talent is taking off. Plus Mcnulty now plays sophomores and the best players play both ways which causes a more consistent team year to year ! Also the players go to the off season showcases/camps .... watch and see how many kids from warren are there competing and getting better. That carries over to summar camp and fall football. I have coached high school football ... you can see how top tier programs remain consistent. The end result Warren send kids to Power 5, FBS, FCS, D2, D3, NAIS schools every year. Winning state titles are great but getting kids a free EDUCATION is even better. It is fun talking on boards but it means nothing more than applauding your favorite HS Football team. Enjoy the playoffs everyone!

They’re doing what in the where, now? Secrets out!

I knew a guy name Warren. He was a nerd! Haven't seen the Warren HS team play but it definitely has what appears to be a great defense given the number of points scored against them. Great Defenses usually win titles. That said, where there any good offensive teams they beat in their conference? My question would be do they have a defense that can stop LWE, GBW, or other top offenses in 8A?

If they would of beat Rice then Marist last year the entire state would of seen them play. Yes, this is a new year but you have to beat a ranked team before your proclaimed world beaters.

I'll definitely purchase the Hinsdale Central Warren Quarterfinal. I remember last years game was a 7-6 slugfest.

17-14 actually and Hinsdale scored late to close the gap. It was a very well contested game

Reactions: Queen4
I knew a guy name Warren. He was a nerd! Haven't seen the Warren HS team play but it definitely has what appears to be a great defense given the number of points scored against them. Great Defenses usually win titles. That said, where there any good offensive teams they beat in their conference? My question would be do they have a defense that can stop LWE, GBW, or other top offenses in 8A?

Its a great question, but I look at some of the teams in the conference and who they played Non-conference to give me a reference point for whatever that is worth.

Barrington scored 6 points. They scored 35 against New Trier and 42 against BG the next two weeks
GBN Scored 6 points. GBN went on to average 30.7 points per game the rest of the way
LZ Scored 3 points. Marist allowed 17 to LZ
Stevenson 0 points. Neuqua Valley allowed 21 points. LWE did allow a meaningless late game score
Libertyville 0 points. Waubonsie Valley allowed 20 against them

So they haven't faced the elite offenses in the state each week, but to allow a grand total of three points in quarters 1-2-3 all season and have just 15 points scored against your first string defense is an impressive number. We shall see if they can keep up that pace in the playoffs.

Was his name Warren Cucarullo??

To the Warren poster, I'm glad you support your team, keep doing that.

But the way you get respect on this board (although it comes in funny ways here) is to win. A lot, Do that and respect will come. The teams that you hear about most on this board have won. A LOT.

So don't worry about respect. It will come with consistent winning. Have a fun playoffs!

To the Warren poster, I'm glad you support your team, keep doing that.

But the way you get respect on this board (although it comes in funny ways here) is to win. A lot, Do that and respect will come. The teams that you hear about most on this board have won. A LOT.

So don't worry about respect. It will come with consistent winning. Have a fun playoffs!
Who cares about getting respect on these boards... If you think you get respect on this board because your team wins a lot or you know who won when, where or in whatever weather, you are sadly mistaken and arrogant.. I call that group the Edgy Posse which in my opinion are more annoying than the Naz Posse..

As some of you might've noticed, I don't have much to do today..:)

Reactions: Gene K. and USD24
I agree, previous poster. But I am not looking for respect. My life is not validated by some HS football game(s) or team. I wish all teams much success and good health. I want kids to get a free (or almost free) education through sports if they can obtain it. I love HS football because it builds great young-men. Ps; if you only talked about the same 5-6 teams in 8A every week/year ... what fun is it. It is actually refreshing to talk about a team (i.e. Warren) other than the usual suspect. It's playoff time !

If you think you get respect on this board because your team wins a lot or you know who won when, where or in whatever weather, you are sadly mistaken and arrogant.. I call that group the Edgy Posse which in my opinion are more annoying than the Naz Posse..
Hold on. More annoying than the Naz Posse? What is this posse of which you speak?

Oh no, somebody had to wake Naz up.

I was hoping they set their clocks back a few hours this weekend.
Wassup....don't be lulled into a false sense of security. The Insane Naz Posse members are like cicadas. They remain dormant for a certain amount of time only to emerge and remind everyone how they got their name. :cool:

Wassup....don't be lulled into a false sense of security. The Insane Naz Posse members are like cicadas. They remain dormant for a certain amount of time only to emerge and remind everyone how they got their name. :cool:

I just want to state officially that although I'm a Naz fan and alum I am not Insane nor belong to a Posse. That being said of course they win 7a. However to all, do you guys really care about respect on a message board? If you do then your priorities are out of whack. If you disagree you disagree, message boards thrive on the contrarians. As long as you don't attack someone or violate board rules, everyone and everything is fair game. I sit here lurking all year long and read the banter for the enjoyment and to keep the little connection I have to Illinois HS sports, everyone keep your opinions coming, small school or large school, public or private, and Go Roadrunners!

LWE over Warren
MC over Naz
ESL over Prairie Ridge
Montini over Rochester
ICCP over Effingham for the effing championship
Byron over Mt. Carmel
GCMS over Maroa Forsyth
Lena Winslow over Camp Point Central

I play the hot team at the end of the year just like I play the hot goaltender at the end of the year like hockey.

If you look at the ND game Montini got spanked and Rita beat ND. Montini possibly has to play at Sycamore. This is a 50/50 or 55/45 game in favor of Sycamore.

That's why I pick Rita to win state over JCA which will likely be a one point game.

Coondog,

we have Chambersburg tonight you still in Mechanicsburg?

I just want to state officially that although I'm a Naz fan and alum I am not Insane nor belong to a Posse. That being said of course they win 7a. However to all, do you guys really care about respect on a message board? If you do then your priorities are out of whack. If you disagree you disagree, message boards thrive on the contrarians. As long as you don't attack someone or violate board rules, everyone and everything is fair game. I sit here lurking all year long and read the banter for the enjoyment and to keep the little connection I have to Illinois HS sports, everyone keep your opinions coming, small school or large school, public or private, and Go Roadrunners!

Who cares about getting respect on these boards... If you think you get respect on this board because your team wins a lot or you know who won when, where or in whatever weather, you are sadly mistaken and arrogant.. I call that group the Edgy Posse which in my opinion are more annoying than the Naz Posse..

As some of you might've noticed, I don't have much to do today..:)

Damn it Googerty!!! To think I’ve been wasting my time for so long seeking respect on this board. This is very frustrating. Please point me in the direction of the correct internet posting board where I can impress others enough with my keen wit and sense of humor that they will give me the respect and validation I so deeply crave.

Damn it Googerty!!! To think I’ve been wasting my time for so long seeking respect on this board. This is very frustrating. Please point me in the direction of the correct internet posting board where I can impress others enough with my keen wit and sense of humor that they will give me the respect and validation I so deeply crave.
Never seek it Mac, especially if you already have it.. I think that is a Confucious proverb.

Are you posting on Edgy while driving down to Edwardsville?

8A- HF beats Warren
7A- MC over Naz
6A- ESL over CG
5A- Rita over Rochester
4A- IC over Mac
3A- Byron over DuQuoin
2A- NCC over Maroa
1A- Freeport over Moweaqua
My son (LWE ‘17 team) and I were just saying that if it can’t be East, we would LOVE to see it finally be HF.

Was his name Warren Cucarullo??
No! But was Warren Cucarullo a nerd too! FWIW, I think you earn respect by how you live your life and how you impact people in a positive manner. I respect all the kids who go out there every week even if they are on a losing team. As someone said previously they are learning something valuable playing HS sports. Learning how to compete is secondary to the life long friendships gained playing a sport in HS. Learning about other cultures, social backgrounds, different personalities, etc., will definitely benefit the majority of the HS players as they go on with their lives.

I liked Warren in "Something about Mary" and don't understand the bashing.

FTHuOzv.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT