ADVERTISEMENT

Who are your favorite posters?

Wolffan64

Sep 26, 2017
Crystal Lake
Name some of your favorite posters! The Gene K poster of the month thread got me to thinking about the posters I enjoy the most.

1 . Gene K, seems like such a nice guy. Always positive.

2. Lake city Newt, very broad scope of knowledge. Obviously a journalist but I don’t know who you write for.

3. Crusader of 90, shares his passion and knowledge of the St. Louis area teams. Little to no coverage of these teams otherwise.

4. Several others, let’s hear from the board!

Ugh...I completely misread the question. :eek:

As someone who came here years ago and just read, I was so impressed by the "love of the game" and the respect shown here (versus other non-sports forums I frequented) by the majority of the posters. While there are a ton of great posters here, my Sgt. Hulka and big toe has to be Capnbillhitters...unique blend of football passion/knowledge, sense of humor and fairness/respect. Never met 'em, know many that know him, but always enjoyed his insight here. That said, glad he left town.

I'll hang up and listen to your answer and watch and wait for "that" guy who answers "Edgy Tim"

Here's a few that come to my mind and in no particular order and I know I will miss a few:

Edgy-GENE!
MWittman-Ramblinman-Bowie
MS4VER-CATCH22-GuerinFan
RockSoup or PebbleBroth-OthelloLost
CPAChicagoSteve
DOS-McCaravan
C-bones
T-loner
Epic
Brin
NNFan
DiveTwin: years ago, Rita at Morris, I hung out with DT pregame and on the field. Class Act!
PJJP-USDA-JCHilltoppers-ECSSFan
Corey90
OrangeWhips-CrusaderPride
All Sterling posters
And hopefully, all Hillcrest posters next week.

Last edited:
Here's a few that come to my mind and in no particular order and I know I will miss a few:

Edgy-GENE!
MS4VER-CATCH22-GuerinFan
RockSoup or PebbleBroth
CPAChicagoSteve
DOS-McCaravan
C-bones
T-loner
Epic
Brin
NNFan
DiveTwin: years ago, Rita at Morris, I hung out with DT pregame and on the field. Class Act!
PJJP-USDA-JCHilltoppers
Corey90
All Sterling posters
I can think of one Sterling poster who was not a favorite.

Reactions: Gene K.
Guys, re voodoo, I’m pretty sure he left the state for verdant pastures in the Carolinas(Huge James Taylor fan). Anyone else recall his goodbye post?

On a serious note, is Voodoo okay? He just kind of disappeared after one of the dumpster fire threads. Did he get flushed? He was a really good guy.

After studying film on all the posters, I’ve kept my list to current, active posters with a couple of years body of work, so I had to omit some obvious Edgy HOFers:

CCL/ESCC posters

Witmonk, TLone, CCLguy64
Stella16
IgorStL
Epic, Irish LB, Gfather53
Ignazio, Bowie
Eireog, ESCC fan
McCaravan, Feeto
Crusader Pride, 3OW
Mschslum, Gene K.
PJJP, USD24, Kevin81

The next group is the group I reference for all whiny newbie posters that cry, “why don’t you talk about so and so program, this board is just for private schools”. Just talk about your school and conference and people will follow along like these next posters:

Kitty for WSS info
Wilmatucky, Coaler44 for ICE
Cru90, flyerforlife, Tez reppin the Lou
MS4ever
Lkcty newt

Independent posters:

Digital Cy, StonedLizard, SouthsideCFD, Magnum Opus

My new friends from Sterling:
gw86, sterling warrior, golden warrior, 14decoys, SGW08

Up and comers:
dweise, Merica, Queen4, curtain25, googertys dog

EDIT: how can I forget this year’s MVP, Mr. six flags: MICAHJONES

Last edited:
Micahjones.... You can't get more confident than that without crossing the cocky line. So far his teams backed up everything he said.

I don't post as much as I used to but here are some of my favorite Edgy posters...I'll tag the ones that I can

@JCHILLTOPPERS @MWittman @mc140 @Cross Bones @DiveTwin @USD24 @DeanOfSelection @Catch--22 @MIKEFTB @ignazio @4Anorth @net-se @ramblinman @Golden Warrior @epicbret @capnbillhitters @Simon "GHOST' Riley
@LakeCtyNewt
@MS4EVER

I dont know many of the newer posters as well so my apologies

Some legendary posters, for positive or negative reasons, that I couldn't tag...

Friarman
HHHTigerfan
Khalfie
FratBoy (or any of his other PC personas)
The Bartlett Freshmen fanbase

I'm sure I missed a ton of you

Last edited:
I won't even try to compile a list of posters that I think are good because I believe that a very high percentage of the posters here meet that criteria, that's what makes Edgy's board fun. We don't always totally agree on stuff but it's nice to get different views from other people. And I like hearing information about teams and areas I would otherwise never know anything about.

I even hope that Bones is only on temporary Leave, voluntary or otherwise. If I could talk to him now I would only tell him to please tone it down when he felt somebody pushed one of his political Hot Buttons.

I even greatly appreciate posters like MC63 even though I like poking the sleeping Bear about Mt Carmel / JCA stuff and some of his other views, and I hope he will be posting for many years to come.

Edgy-GENE!
MS4VER-CATCH22-GuerinFan
RockSoup or PebbleBroth-OthelloLost
CPAChicagoSteve
DOS-McCaravan
C-bones
T-loner
Epic
Brin
NNFan
PJJP-USDA-JCHilltoppers-ECSSFan
Corey90
OrangeWhips-CrusaderPride
All Sterling posters

Haven't seen Divetwin myself in a few years....I see he's been busy being a marathon man though. I remember meeting you before the Morris /Rita game.Many of "us" older longtime Morris posters don't get on the boards too much any more.Too bad,there were many good discussions on the boards when them.

Reactions: Wittymoniker1
Haven't seen Divetwin myself in a few years....I see he's been busy being a marathon man though. I remember meeting you before the Morris /Rita game.Many of "us" older longtime Morris posters don't get on the boards too much any more.Too bad,there were many good discussions on the boards when them.

That's right, 4a! I remember you introducing me to the pork chop sandwich. All class, my friend.

This is probably a dumb question, but has it been the same in Morris football wise the past decade?

Ugh...I completely misread the question. :eek:

... Capnbillhitters... That said, glad he left town.

I'll hang up and listen to your answer and watch and wait for "that" guy who answers "Edgy Tim"

You love him, you hate him, you're ecstatic when he finally leaves town. Wish I could see your first post (lots of hair is what has downloaded so far), but my 14.4 baud connection is still painting the image.

So many faves, but had the time of my life bantering with Clan Lees (@etl1227 ) in 2015 as we wound through an amazing season having some spirited debates in the Love vs Lees vs Brods POY action.

• Most of those debates were fueled/arbitrated by the pot-stirrer in chief @JCHILLTOPPERS who was always witty and fair.and I wish him and @USD24 nothing but luck with their Hilltoppers
  • Best high falutin commentary has been provided by @MWittman a true gentleman who always kept me honest
  • Best posts that make me break out my slide rule have been provided by @Catch--22
  • @Cross Bones will always be a fave because he sticks his neck out for abuse as much as anyone on this board but is always a totally solid dude
  • I enjoyed cracking open the Dom with @mchsalumni on my yacht in The Glen when he brought the Beluga
  • Always loved @goomsback because he had that ref knowledge and always gave it to those that called out "The Privates" for their unfair advantages
  • Enjoyed but didn't always love the heated barking of some of my fellow Hitter faithful posters, but they probably share @SoCliche's glee in my exit
  • Gotta say I still love @Big C 80 and happy he gets to avoid the distractions I may have caused because he has a monster team this year
  • I too miss @VoodooTatum but I have a hunch that "guy" was really another poster stirring the pot
  • I didn't always love @feeto when he picked upsets against my boys, but he always wrapped it in such thoughtful prose that encouraged debate I could never stay mad
  • And where would any of us be without our weekly dose of @LakeCtyNewt ? You might have the horses this year newt and I, like many, will be supremely happy for you if there is a parade at Six Flags this year
  • Found the caustic humor of @DeanOfSelection to be the perfect trap for those with an ax to grind or team to promote
  • Enjoyed the spirited fight in @ramblinman when he could build immensely entertaining arguments
  • Pretty sure I exited on good terms with the @corey90 @epicbret @Bowie50 @kitty_bintingot@ClownBaby
  • And finally, @MS4EVER When they handed out empathy and class, this guy was at the front of the line. He never wore the Swagger title as an in your face attitude during my time around here, as he was always the first to swallow the sting of a bitter loss with a congratulatory post to his opponent. Watching him taught me that while you will have great, and I mean great, years, you better be ready to face your words in the future should the table turn.
If i forgot anyone, my apologies, my brain has softened since I fell off the grid.

Overall, you guys represent some of the most intellectually fulfilling times I have had in my adult life. That concept is so sad that I had no choice but to pack up and retreat to my own temple of solace here in the mountains of WNC. I still get to read some fun stuff on this board and thanks to Edgy, I haven't yet been tossed for my many indiscretions. I still write way too many words, but you guys are the only human contact I've had in six weeks.

Cheers Boys!

Last edited:
You love him, you hate him, you're ecstatic when he finally leaves town. Wish I could see your first post (lots of hair is what has downloaded so far), but my 14.4 baud connection is still painting the image.

So many faves, but had the time of my life bantering with Clan Lees (@etl1227 ) in 2015 as we wound through an amazing season having some spirited debates in the Love vs Lees vs Brods POY action.

• Most of those debates were fueled/arbitrated by the pot-stirrer in chief @JCHILLTOPPERS who was always witty and fair.
  • Best high falutin commentary has been provided by @MWittman a true gentleman who always kept me honest
  • Best posts that make me break out my slide rule have been provided by @Catch--22
  • @Cross Bones will always be a fave because he sticks his neck out for abuse as much as anyone on this board but is always a totally solid dude
  • I enjoyed cracking open the Dom with @mchsalumni on my yacht in The Glen when he brought the Beluga
  • Always loved @goomsback because he had that ref knowledge and always gave it to those that called out "The Privates" for their unfair advantages
  • Enjoyed but didn't always love the heated barking of some of my fellow Hitter faithful posters, but they probably share @SoCliche's glee in my exit
  • Gotta say I still love @Big C 80 and happy he gets to avoid the distractions I may have caused because he has a monster team this year
  • I too miss @VoodooTatum but I have a hunch that "guy" was really another poster stirring the pot
  • I didn't always love @feeto when he picked upsets against my boys, but he always wrapped it in such thoughtful prose that encouraged debate I could never stay mad
  • And where would any of us be without our weekly dose of @LakeCtyNewt ? You might have the horses this year newt and I, like many, will be supremely happy for you if there is a parade at Six Flags this year
  • Found the caustic humor of @DeanOfSelection to be the perfect trap for those with an ax to grind or team to promote
  • Enjoyed the spirited fight in @ramblinman when he could build immensely entertaining arguments
  • Pretty sure I exited on good terms with the @corey90 @epicbret @Bowie50 @kitty_bintingot
  • And finally, @MS4EVER When they handed out empathy and class, this guy was at the front of the line. He never wore the Swagger title as an in your face attitude during my time around here, as he was always the first to swallow the sting of a bitter loss with a congratulatory post to his opponent. Watching him taught me that while you will have great, and I mean great, years, you better be ready to face your words in the future should the table turn.
If i forgot anyone, my apologies, my brain has softened since I fell off the grid.

Overall, you guys represent some of the most intellectually fulfilling times I have had in my adult life. That concept is so sad that I had no choice but to pack up and retreat to my own temple of solace here in the mountains of WNC. I still get to read some fun stuff on this board and thanks to Edgy, I haven't yet been tossed for my many indiscretions. I still write way too many words, but you guys are the only human contact I've had in six weeks.

Cheers Boys!

You just made the list buddy! Thanks Capn good luck this weekend

• Most of those debates were fueled/arbitrated by the pot-stirrer in chief @JCHILLTOPPERS who was always witty and fair.
  • Pretty sure I exited on good terms with the @corey90 @epicbret @Bowie50 @kitty_bintingot

Cheers Boys!

Big game brewing this weekend, Cap! May the best team win.

May have to sneak over to the game before the Warren tilt Saturday night.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT