ADVERTISEMENT

Who are your favorite posters?

Big game brewing this weekend, Cap! May the best team win.

Oh, this is a big one. Good luck to you and MWittman. Not sure what your d-line looks like this year, but it should be a fun slug fest. At least it's on carpet.

I would watch this online, but I just got a notice from my satellite internet provider that I have run out of data for the month after just 8 days. There's always Twitter I guess.

• Enjoyed but didn't always love the heated barking of some of my fellow Hitter faithful posters, but they probably share @SoCliche's glee in my exit

Well, it is easier to get into Fire + Wine certain nights now...so glad to know you weren't eaten or God forbid chewed by a jaguar shark!

Sincerely, Ned Plimpton (SoCliché)

Post...Burket tipped me.

Trying not to be hurt that I haven't been tagged :( LOL.

Rather then mention the same folks who have already been mentioned a bunch already (i'm looking at you @Gene K. ) I will mention a couple I always enjoy and I'm partial to the Dukane threads.

@ClownBaby - Come on fellas. The Clown Cup alone puts this guy high on the list but he has always shown a tremendous historical knowledge of local HS football that I appreciate.

@BataviaDogs1 - Fan and coach of a great program but always keeps it real. Never overly cocky even when he could be.

This is probably a dumb question, but has it been the same in Morris football wise the past decade?

You still have your passionate Morris fans,probably just not the number of rabid fans a s there were 15-20 years ago.I believe that's a trend at a lot of tradition rich programs like Morris.Looking at other boards and forums I hear about less numbers at places like Metamora and Geneseo that have had strong fan bases.
I know that some of the"old guard" like myself caught some grief years back for buying season tickets and keeping others from getting them.Most of us gave them up but many never went back to games.
I see a few posters now that have kids on the team here on the board,and i pop up once in a while,but the die hards like Divetwin and several others come around less often than solar eclipses.
I don't think it will ever get back to the way it was from 1978 to about 2008.

I even hope that Bones is only on temporary Leave, voluntary or otherwise. If I could talk to him now I would only tell him to please tone it down when he felt somebody pushed one of his political Hot Buttons.
I agree with you in that I welcome different points of view. When I open the newspaper, I purposely go directly to articles written by people I mostly disagree with. I purposely watch views differing from mine on the news as well. You can't just read or listen to one side if you want to have a well informed view. You gotta take all of it.

With that said, I think the person you mention made several good posts regarding high school football in the years he was here. But when you constantly attack people personally who disagree with you and question their intelligence...when you cross racial lines often...and when you show disrespect to all people putting their lives on the line fighting crime and call them what he did...you need to go away.

I have gotten nasty with people I have disagreed with. But, I have disagreed with you and Corey and never came close to doing that. I stay away from race issues and I never show disrespect for those people fighting crime and doing a job most of us wouldn't want to do and couldn't do.

I am sure it wasn't easy for Edgy to do. But, I didn't see the last posts of that thread...so maybe it was. In any event. It's his board and his rules. Sometimes we forget that. A lot of us get sucked into threads and subjects or threads that get derailed and write a lot of things we probably wouldn't say to people in person. And I doubt we would write most of these things if we had to use our actual names. At least I hope we wouldn't. I have been guilty of it too.

I agree with you in that I welcome different points of view. When I open the newspaper, I purposely go directly to articles written by people I mostly disagree with. I purposely watch views differing from mine on the news as well. You can't just read or listen to one side if you want to have a well informed view. You gotta take all of it.

With that said, I think the person you mention made several good posts regarding high school football in the years he was here. But when you constantly attack people personally who disagree with you and question their intelligence...when you cross racial lines often...and when you show disrespect to all people putting their lives on the line fighting crime and call them what he did...you need to go away.

I have gotten nasty with people I have disagreed with. But, I have disagreed with you and Corey and never came close to doing that. I stay away from race issues and I never show disrespect for those people fighting crime and doing a job most of us wouldn't want to do and couldn't do.

I am sure it wasn't easy for Edgy to do. But, I didn't see the last posts of that thread...so maybe it was. In any event. It's his board and his rules. Sometimes we forget that. A lot of us get sucked into threads and subjects or threads that get derailed and write a lot of things we probably wouldn't say to people in person. And I doubt we would write most of these things if we had to use our actual names. At least I hope we wouldn't. I have been guilty of it too.

Some of us do use our actual names but that probably isn't the smartest thing to do :eek:.

I enjoy reading your posts. I agree with most of what you say and sometimes differ slightly with some things you say but they are never boring.

I am sure it wasn't easy for Edgy to do. But, I didn't see the last posts of that thread...so maybe it was. In any event. It's his board and his rules.

What the heck did I miss? Was this related to the Bears thread that got flushed? I'm honestly in the dark here. Did Bones get put in a timeout?

You still have your passionate Morris fans,probably just not the number of rabid fans a s there were 15-20 years ago.I believe that's a trend at a lot of tradition rich programs like Morris.Looking at other boards and forums I hear about less numbers at places like Metamora and Geneseo that have had strong fan bases.
I know that some of the"old guard" like myself caught some grief years back for buying season tickets and keeping others from getting them.Most of us gave them up but many never went back to games.
I see a few posters now that have kids on the team here on the board,and i pop up once in a while,but the die hards like Divetwin and several others come around less often than solar eclipses.
I don't think it will ever get back to the way it was from 1978 to about 2008.

All.... It seems to have changed somewhat since I was up there in 2012, 4A. Last week before the game we started at Ebbeys talked with the owner for awhile who I'm sure you know. Not many fans "gearing" up for the game although it was early. Later we went over to the park across from the stadium and set up. A large contingent of Redskins fans were tailgating in that area. The stadium itself was not packed on either side for the game.

I believe number wise fans watching hs football likely is down across the board. Haven't seen huge crowds at SHG for years either. Not sure why.

Reactions: Gene K.
I’m going to man up on this. I’m the one who reported Bones to Edgy for the comments he made. I will not repeat what he said, because it made me sick to read on a high school football message board, in my line of business I’m very thick skinned, but he went way over the line and what was said was the most offensive thing you can say to a man or women in Law Enforcement.

I know he was on this Board since it started and if Edgy wants to let him back on that’s fine as long as he keeps his political views to himself or other message boards, but not a great site like this. Not looking for any apologies from him, don’t even know his name, he has the right to feel how he feels, but when you log into this site after a long day on the job, you don’t want to read what he said about your profession. Again to all that are upset that he is currently banned, I apologize, but let’s all keep personal views on matters other then HS Football to ourselves, you don’t know what the other posters have been through, especially if you haven’t been in their shoes. Peace!

Edgy please don’t flush this!

Last edited:
I’m going to man up on this. I’m the one who reported Bones to Edgy for the comments he made. I will not repeat what he said, because it made me sick to read on a high school football message board, but in my line of business I’m very thick skinned, but he went way over the line and what was said was the most offensive thing you can say to a man or women in Law Enforcement.

I know he was on this Board since it started and if Edgy wants to let him back on that’s fine as long as he keeps his political views to himself or other message boards, but not a great site like this. Not looking for any apologies from him, don’t even know his name, he has the right to feel how he feels, but when you log into this site after a long day on the job, you don’t want to read what he said about your profession. Again to all that are upset that he is currently banned, I apologize, but let’s all keep personal views on matters other then HS Football to ourselves, you don’t know what the other posters have been through, especially if you haven’t been in their shoes. Peace!

Wow. I missed a freaking bombshell! Is there a private way to get caught up on this topic without a post (like a PM)?

I don't contribute much, but I enjoy Newt What we learn, Feeto's upset of the week, and If the playoffs start today by Catch 22. Cross Bones is a good one for South Subs. Crusader of 90 for anything on STL. I wouldn't mind if Jchill brought back the Dark side Rankings tho.
I enjoy reading all your guys post. Thank you for the entertainment.

Last edited:
I’m going to man up on this. I’m the one who reported Bones to Edgy for the comments he made. I will not repeat what he said, because it made me sick to read on a high school football message board, in my line of business I’m very thick skinned, but he went way over the line and what was said was the most offensive thing you can say to a man or women in Law Enforcement.

You are one of the best guys I know. Great dad, husband and friend. Always a class act and one of the toughest dudes I’ve ever met.

Great post LTHSalum! This is a HS football forum, but often, the posts somehow get related back to real life issues.

Sometimes posts are connected to football, at all the various levels, sometimes not. Civility and decorum in what a person posts on this forum is paramount to not getting a thread flushed. For me it is simply a respect issue and treating people the way you would want your family to be treated. We all enjoy a little harmless banter back and forth among the posters. That said, attacking someone on a personal level or their profession is garbage. Edgy does a great job in controlling the uncalled for BS.

Mark M., you have always been a great poster and I have yet to see you denigrate another poster or what they have posted. You are one of my favorite posters on Edgy. I further also enjoy 99% of the posters on this forum and try to respect all of them whether I agree with them or not. BTW, posters on here can and do get under one's skin, but the simple answer is to ignore their posts on a permanent basis. Its right on the top next to your name!

I would watch this online, but I just got a notice from my satellite internet provider that I have run out of data for the month after just 8 days. There's always Twitter I guess.
Who is your Internet provider? Please do not tell me ComCast? I would be very depressed to lose my streaming capability right now in the playoffs.

Thanks to those who PM'd me. I fully get it.

As others have suggested, let's move forward with a more thoughtful approach.

I saw some of those posts you mention. But I stayed out of that sh*tstorm. From one man to another, you have NOTHING to apologize for. It was totally uncalled for. Ninety-nine percent of us don't have what it takes to do what you do. We are lucky to have men like you and women out there doing what you do. You have my utmost respect.

Back on to the topic. Too many to say. I’ve have great conversations, debates and arguments with the high majority of you. I’ve been talking high school football for nearly 20 years to Bowie, and we’re well overdue for a pint. Dean, Rock and I have had great conversations. Got to know Topiary and Crusaderpride a bit and realized we’ve probably shared a bar counter or 10 together. Can’t think of a bad thing to say about any of my fellow Caravan Posters and all the JCA posters are first class as well. I do want to throw a shout out to @krock the house....some great debates with him....I think once or twice we almost met up at the park to handle it South Side style! : ). But like I said before, nothing but respect for him now! First bucket is on me! That goes for all you if we ever cross paths, unless you don’t drink then I’ll get you a White Claw!

I saw some of those posts you mention. But I stayed out of that sh*tstorm. From one man to another, you have NOTHING to apologize for. It was totally uncalled for. Ninety-nine percent of us don't have what it takes to do what you do. We are lucky to have men like you and women out there doing what you do. You have my utmost respect.
Thanks much! Much appreciated!

Reactions: krock the house
Back on to the topic. Too many to say. I’ve have great conversations, debates and arguments with the high majority of you. I’ve been talking high school football for nearly 20 years to Bowie, and we’re well overdue for a pint. Dean, Rock and I have had great conversations. Got to know Topiary and Crusaderpride a bit and realized we’ve probably shared a bar counter or 10 together. Can’t think of a bad thing to say about any of my fellow Caravan Posters and all the JCA posters are first class as well. I do want to throw a shout out to @krock the house....some great debates with him....I think once or twice we almost met up at the park to handle it South Side style! : ). But like I said before, nothing but respect for him now! First bucket is on me! That goes for all you if we ever cross paths, unless you don’t drink then I’ll get you a White Claw!
right back at ya McC

Last edited:
none compare to Sammy the Bull or the Iceman from WAY back in the day. They were stalwarts on the old Suntimes board and are now in WITSEC Program.

Reactions: Gene K. and USD24
Name some of your favorite posters!

Wolffan:

As many veteran members here know, I am a natural contrarian. A dirty open secret of mine, while I do not dislike or discourage threads which encourage popularity contests, I opted to respond to make a very simple point.

I have cultivated countless online friendships on this forum, but have discovered only three members are worthy of being declared "my favorite posters." They are: Sparty Jones, MS4EVER, and Guerin. Unlike all others, these three are never at the center of any controversy and are all extraordinarily scrupulous posters.

I have been a member for almost twenty years, and have bore witness to exchanges which have become utterly vitriolic. When I consider their contributions over two decades, that they have avoided the irresistible temptation to become polemics and refrained from stoking feuds is remarkable.

In my humble judgement, the three, Sparty, MS4EVER, and Guerin, have perfected the gentlemanly art of posting messages on this site.

I for one am glad you stood up for yourself and the men and women of law enforcement. I still have a son on CPD and for him I say thank you! You don't owe an apology to anyone on this board for doing what you felt was necessary. Thank you for your service both military and with the police.

Edgy- other than yours truly doesnt anyone remember my fav's? Those guys are retired for a good reason- they were beyond believable

I won't even try to compile a list of posters that I think are good because I believe that a very high percentage of the posters here meet that criteria, that's what makes Edgy's board fun. We don't always totally agree on stuff but it's nice to get different views from other people. And I like hearing information about teams and areas I would otherwise never know anything about.

I even hope that Bones is only on temporary Leave, voluntary or otherwise. If I could talk to him now I would only tell him to please tone it down when he felt somebody pushed one of his political Hot Buttons.

I even greatly appreciate posters like MC63 even though I like poking the sleeping Bear about Mt Carmel / JCA stuff and some of his other views, and I hope he will be posting for many years to come.

I agree with you Kevin.
I like everyone on Edgy. I may not agree with every post or poster, and yes some threads have gotten under my skin but it’s just opinions. I won’t hold a grudge and like a high level business meeting conflict is good. This is how you solve issues. On Edgy this is how we give our opinions and if we differ we can agree to disagree.

You love him, you hate him, you're ecstatic when he finally leaves town. Wish I could see your first post (lots of hair is what has downloaded so far), but my 14.4 baud connection is still painting the image.

So many faves, but had the time of my life bantering with Clan Lees (@etl1227 ) in 2015 as we wound through an amazing season having some spirited debates in the Love vs Lees vs Brods POY action.

• Most of those debates were fueled/arbitrated by the pot-stirrer in chief @JCHILLTOPPERS who was always witty and fair.and I wish him and @USD24 nothing but luck with their Hilltoppers
  • Best high falutin commentary has been provided by @MWittman a true gentleman who always kept me honest
  • Best posts that make me break out my slide rule have been provided by @Catch--22
  • @Cross Bones will always be a fave because he sticks his neck out for abuse as much as anyone on this board but is always a totally solid dude
  • I enjoyed cracking open the Dom with @mchsalumni on my yacht in The Glen when he brought the Beluga
  • Always loved @goomsback because he had that ref knowledge and always gave it to those that called out "The Privates" for their unfair advantages
  • Enjoyed but didn't always love the heated barking of some of my fellow Hitter faithful posters, but they probably share @SoCliche's glee in my exit
  • Gotta say I still love @Big C 80 and happy he gets to avoid the distractions I may have caused because he has a monster team this year
  • I too miss @VoodooTatum but I have a hunch that "guy" was really another poster stirring the pot
  • I didn't always love @feeto when he picked upsets against my boys, but he always wrapped it in such thoughtful prose that encouraged debate I could never stay mad
  • And where would any of us be without our weekly dose of @LakeCtyNewt ? You might have the horses this year newt and I, like many, will be supremely happy for you if there is a parade at Six Flags this year
  • Found the caustic humor of @DeanOfSelection to be the perfect trap for those with an ax to grind or team to promote
  • Enjoyed the spirited fight in @ramblinman when he could build immensely entertaining arguments
  • Pretty sure I exited on good terms with the @corey90 @epicbret @Bowie50 @kitty_bintingot@ClownBaby
  • And finally, @MS4EVER When they handed out empathy and class, this guy was at the front of the line. He never wore the Swagger title as an in your face attitude during my time around here, as he was always the first to swallow the sting of a bitter loss with a congratulatory post to his opponent. Watching him taught me that while you will have great, and I mean great, years, you better be ready to face your words in the future should the table turn.
If i forgot anyone, my apologies, my brain has softened since I fell off the grid.

Overall, you guys represent some of the most intellectually fulfilling times I have had in my adult life. That concept is so sad that I had no choice but to pack up and retreat to my own temple of solace here in the mountains of WNC. I still get to read some fun stuff on this board and thanks to Edgy, I haven't yet been tossed for my many indiscretions. I still write way too many words, but you guys are the only human contact I've had in six weeks.

Cheers Boys!

Thanks Cap
Your the best!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT