ADVERTISEMENT

Your First Favorite Player

You guys give grief to MC63, but I'm much older than he is. I was there in 1940 when the Bears crushed the Redskins 73-0. And I was there in 1943 when Sid Luckman threw seven touchdowns in one game. I even have a Hudl reel of "Sid the Kid" in action.

As a small dude, Payton, then I was destroyed when he retired and fell on the Bills AFC title run bandwagon. Loved the whole team, but had Thurman Thomas jersey. Also loved LT, had his jersey.

However the first player I was truly drawn to was Pat Tillman. My parents were ASU grads, and when he emerged as a FR I was like a FR in HS. And from then I followed him religiously.

His Cardinals jersey is still the last jersey I have ever worn.

As a small dude, Payton, then I was destroyed when he retired and fell on the Bills AFC title run bandwagon. Loved the whole team, but had Thurman Thomas jersey. Also loved LT, had his jersey.

However the first player I was truly drawn to was Pat Tillman. My parents were ASU grads, and when he emerged as a FR I was like a FR in HS. And from then I followed him religiously.

His Cardinals jersey is still the last jersey I have ever worn.
Good call

Least Favorite- Joe Montana- Out of pure jealousy that he was always that good.
I liked Joe Montana. I really didn't hate SF even though they crushed the Bears twice in NFC championship games in the 80's by a total score of 51-3. SF had great teams for sure. I still kind of like the 49ers and at this point I hope they win it all.

I liked Joe Montana. I really didn't hate SF even though they crushed the Bears twice in NFC championship games in the 80's by a total score of 51-3. SF had great teams for sure. I still kind of like the 49ers and at this point I hope they win it all.
Growing up in Southern California and was a Rams fan. I hated the 49ers because they were always so damn good. I mean Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, John Taylor, Roger Craig & Brent Jones would flat out kill us. Pure Jealousy on my part back then.

• Haha
Reactions: LTHSALUM76
Len Dawson. I was Chiefs fan before becoming a Bears fan. I blame Walter Payton for the switch. LOL. Deep down I am still a Chiefs fan and if you've never been there you must put a game at Arrowhead on your bucket list.
A second for Dawson. Growing up in the late 60s early 70s, the Bears sucked and us kids all had 2nd teams. Mine was the Chiefs. Miss those Sunday telecasts with Curt Gowdy.

All great posts and players so far!!

As a kid I had posters in my room of Howie Long, Lester Hayes, Bo Jackson and Brian Bosworth. Too many Bears to name!

Reactions: greatgig13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT