ADVERTISEMENT

Who are your favorite posters?

I’m going to man up on this. I’m the one who reported Bones to Edgy for the comments he made. I will not repeat what he said, because it made me sick to read on a high school football message board, in my line of business I’m very thick skinned, but he went way over the line and what was said was the most offensive thing you can say to a man or women in Law Enforcement.

I know he was on this Board since it started and if Edgy wants to let him back on that’s fine as long as he keeps his political views to himself or other message boards, but not a great site like this. Not looking for any apologies from him, don’t even know his name, he has the right to feel how he feels, but when you log into this site after a long day on the job, you don’t want to read what he said about your profession. Again to all that are upset that he is currently banned, I apologize, but let’s all keep personal views on matters other then HS Football to ourselves, you don’t know what the other posters have been through, especially if you haven’t been in their shoes. Peace!

Edgy please don’t flush this!

McCaravan,
You have nothing to apologize for and I for one can not thank you enough for your service and for what you do to help people. I did read a lot of the thread and saw it going down the toilet. No pun intended.
I like many posters grew fond of Bones he was one of the originals on Edgy. That said I do not agree with what he was saying and am disappointed it escalated to that point. It wasn’t the Crossbones we all knew.
Thanks again for being the stand up guy we really do appreciate you and your fellow officers.

I’m going to man up on this. I’m the one who reported Bones to Edgy for the comments he made. I will not repeat what he said, because it made me sick to read on a high school football message board, in my line of business I’m very thick skinned, but he went way over the line and what was said was the most offensive thing you can say to a man or women in Law Enforcement.

I know he was on this Board since it started and if Edgy wants to let him back on that’s fine as long as he keeps his political views to himself or other message boards, but not a great site like this. Not looking for any apologies from him, don’t even know his name, he has the right to feel how he feels, but when you log into this site after a long day on the job, you don’t want to read what he said about your profession. Again to all that are upset that he is currently banned, I apologize, but let’s all keep personal views on matters other then HS Football to ourselves, you don’t know what the other posters have been through, especially if you haven’t been in their shoes. Peace!

Edgy please don’t flush this!

Obviously I’m not a good poster I can’t even reply right. Bottom line the thread had to be flushed and Bones with it. It was way over the top for a recreational escape that I assume most of us use to get away from our daily stresses. I suggest the punishment fit the crime. A Seinfeld penalty, No soup, one year.

McCaravan,
You have nothing to apologize for and I for one can not thank you enough for your service and for what you do to help people. I did read a lot of the thread and saw it going down the toilet. No pun intended.
I like many posters grew fond of Bones he was one of the originals on Edgy. That said I do not agree with what he was saying and am disappointed it escalated to that point. It wasn’t the Crossbones we all knew.
Thanks again for being the stand up guy we really do appreciate you and your fellow officers.
Very much appreciated, thank you!

Even though I don't always agree with you, I will include you in my "too numerous to mention" quality poster on Edgy. There, do you feel better? ;)

Thats like finishing second in the tallest midget competition. @capnbillhitters came through with a mention for me so one case of Louis XIII is now en route to Hillbilly Heaven somewhere in the WNC mountains.

I am similar to a lot of guys here in that I like pretty much everyone. But if I had to name a number one, it would be MWittman, hands down.

I say that not because of the content of his writings...although I find myself agreeing with him the vast majority of the time. I say it because of the style of his writing. He can write a very long post and I will read every word of it. I can't say that about many other posters here. His use and application of the language is beyond outstanding. He makes points in a post that all seem to come together and fit well as the post progresses. When finishing a post, he has the ability to tie it all together and nothing is wasted. The reader has a clear picture of what he is saying. I don't think I have ever misunderstood any of his posts. That is a credit to him because it is hard for a writer to do.

He is the type of writer who could write a book that I could read in one sitting. I wish he would post more often. But, I understand why he probably doesn't. It may be because when he does write, people read. Again, nothing is wasted and saying the same thing over and over is the trap is is too wise to fall into.

I always seem to learn something when I read anything he has written. I find myself having to look up the exact definition of some words he uses. When I do find it, it is always the best word to use in the sentence he has written. This guy is no amateur. I hope he stays here for a long time.

Who is your Internet provider?

BillyJoe JimBob’s Pseudo-Satellite Internet Service. Going public next week, JimBob is ringing the NASDAQ bell next Tuesday ina brand spanking new pair of bib overalls.
They keep trying to convince me that two strings tied to the can in my breaker box makes it an “internet connection” but I’m starting to think they lack a full understanding of what I’m seeking. When I said I wanted broadband, they came and installed thicker strings. Ugh

Last edited:
He can write a very long post and I will read every word of it.

I almost missed this part because I usually skip to the bottom of your posts after reading the first 100 sentences.

I kid, I kid!
original.jpg

They keep trying to convince me that two strings tied to the can in my breaker box makes it an “internet connection” but I’m starting to think they lack a full understanding of what I’m seeking. When I said I wanted broadband, they came and installed thicker strings. Ugh
Cap: Thank you for your post. Made me laugh and can just see them doing it to solve your problem. LOL. By the way, you were always a solid poster on Edgy. Do you miss Illinois or is it just the people you miss?

My current favorites :
1 ) MWittman - I second everything LTHSALUM 76 says
2) Gene K - Just seems like a guy you want to hang out with
3) LTHSALUM 76 - Our views are very similar on a lot of issues. Just wish we agreed on Lockport football a little better.

Former posters
1) Fratboy
2) Catbox

A strong candidate for best troll poster is @epicbret plus his calzone avatar reminds me it's time to eat.

I get some good laughs from him and @eireog whose avatar reminds me it's time to drink heavily.
Always glad to be of service. I had a real struggle to decide between Shane or Otis from Mayberry. Shane seemed more like a guy I’d drink with than Otis.

I am similar to a lot of guys here in that I like pretty much everyone. But if I had to name a number one, it would be MWittman, hands down.

I say that not because of the content of his writings...although I find myself agreeing with him the vast majority of the time. I say it because of the style of his writing. He can write a very long post and I will read every word of it. I can't say that about many other posters here. His use and application of the language is beyond outstanding. He makes points in a post that all seem to come together and fit well as the post progresses. When finishing a post, he has the ability to tie it all together and nothing is wasted. The reader has a clear picture of what he is saying. I don't think I have ever misunderstood any of his posts. That is a credit to him because it is hard for a writer to do.

He is the type of writer who could write a book that I could read in one sitting. I wish he would post more often. But, I understand why he probably doesn't. It may be because when he does write, people read. Again, nothing is wasted and saying the same thing over and over is the trap is is too wise to fall into.

I always seem to learn something when I read anything he has written. I find myself having to look up the exact definition of some words he uses. When I do find it, it is always the best word to use in the sentence he has written. This guy is no amateur. I hope he stays here for a long time.
Well said and I completely agree. I found it humorous that you mentioned that you have to get out the dictionary occasionally to make sure you completely understand his posts. I find myself doing the exact same thing. Like you said, I read every word of his posts because there is always something of substance in his words.

I didn’t originally include Mwittman as one of my favorites because I wanted to keep my list short. I noticed quite a few people have a long list.

when I began lurking on this site several years ago I really only knew about Fox Valley conference football. I have really enjoyed reading the posts of others and learning about football state wide and beyond.

LTHS:

And to think my high school guidance counselor said I'd never amount to anything...................
I hope you don't take offense to this. But I never know how things like this will go.

After giving it more thought, you are the Charles Krauthammer of this board. Believe me, it's a compliment. Krauthammer was a guy who could debate someone very calmly. He laid out brilliant facts and when he was winning a debate, which he did almost every time, the other person didn't take offense and didn't even realize he was being tied in knots. This was due to Krauthammer's demeanor and wide range of vocabulary. Too bad he's gone now. We need more guys like him...especially now. He was also an avid Washington Nationals fan.

Whips, Dean, Bones and MWittman since I've actually met them out at some games. Overall there are so many posters here that are great whether or not I agree with them or not. Keep posting and get your buddies on here. I need to fend off more of the tacit attacks on Rice.

Cap: Thank you for your post. Made me laugh and can just see them doing it to solve your problem. LOL. By the way, you were always a solid poster on Edgy. Do you miss Illinois or is it just the people you miss?

They're selling $Million views for half that in WNC. I gravitate to good deals.

I don't post as much as I used to but here are some of my favorite Edgy posters...I'll tag the ones that I can

@JCHILLTOPPERS @MWittman @mc140 @Cross Bones @DiveTwin @USD24 @DeanOfSelection @Catch--22 @MIKEFTB @ignazio @4Anorth @net-se @ramblinman @Golden Warrior @epicbret @capnbillhitters @Simon "GHOST' Riley
@LakeCtyNewt
@MS4EVER

I dont know many of the newer posters as well so my apologies

Some legendary posters, for positive or negative reasons, that I couldn't tag...

Friarman
HHHTigerfan
Khalfie
FratBoy (or any of his other PC personas)
The Bartlett Freshmen fanbase

I'm sure I missed a ton of you
Khalfie was one of the best.

Reactions: mchsalumni
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT