ADVERTISEMENT

Who’s in favor of teams with a losing record making the playoffs?

What teams that wont make the playoffs would beat the following (and I don't mean to sound insensitive to these teams):

• Proviso East
  • Elgin or East Aurora
  • York
  • Downers South
  • Plainfield East
90% of those teams will make the playoffs this year. If you have an answer, aren't you (for the most part) in favor of the new proposal?

Dont lose sight of one thing - Round 1 of the new proposal is just a 9th game. Ask all of the teams that will play a 3 win team in week 9 if it's a joke?

Just my thoughts. This new proposal is far better than district play. 7-2 was the mark until 1985...then 6-3. Not sure what year became 5-4

Times have changed with this sport. Dont kill the opportunity for these kids. One last thing, I dont remember any team or kid getting a participation award in the playoffs, except for 2nd place.

I have a solution to the issue. This weekend S. Elgin plays Homewood Flossmoor and The Brook plays Bartlett. This will allow us to calibrate the U8 and SE. All the teams involved are 7-0/6-1 so it's not like trading a last place team for a top team.

And everyone involved will be happy!

That would be ugly. Running clock

What teams that wont make the playoffs would beat the following (and I don't mean to sound insensitive to these teams):

• Proviso East
  • Elgin or East Aurora
  • York
  • Downers South
  • Plainfield East
90% of those teams will make the playoffs this year. If you have an answer, aren't you (for the most part) in favor of the new proposal?

Dont lose sight of one thing - Round 1 of the new proposal is just a 9th game. Ask all of the teams that will play a 3 win team in week 9 if it's a joke?

Just my thoughts. This new proposal is far better than district play. 7-2 was the mark until 1985...then 6-3. Not sure what year became 5-4

Times have changed with this sport. Dont kill the opportunity for these kids. One last thing, I dont remember any team or kid getting a participation award in the playoffs, except for 2nd place.

Dont forget E.Aurora/Elgin one of them may get in at 5-4

As many people said, the first two weeks of the playoffs are filled with blowouts anyways. Making the playoffs isn't an achievement anymore since most teams are watering down schedules anyways. Where's the fun in that? There's only 16 trophies that get handed out and half are to losers of their last game too. The runner-up trophy is the only participation trophy given out. Most teams don't give a crap if they simply make the playoffs, its what you do in November that's important. Why not just make it official and let schools have opportunities to play other big programs? Maybe Mt Carmel and The Brook open up week 1? BR wouldn't be afraid to play a home/home vs Maine South (if they're not scared to go to 99th and Pulaski on a Friday night). It opens the door of opportunities for prime time regular season matchups in week 1 and 2 for teams that want a week of big PR and gate ticket sales.

Nobody's putting up banners for being playoff eligible at 5-4 nor would they if they go 3-6 and get bounced in the week 9 play-in game. They regular season should mean something for two reasons: winning your conference and getting a higher playoff seed. Coaches don't coach any less and players don't play any less hard to win regular season games.

Reactions: Gene K.
That was some awesome trolling. Therefore you will catch a lot more fish then you intended. :)

Or at least get a bunch of nibbles.
Sarcasm is hard to send out and can be hard to receive. With all the crap I have seen written here...anything is possible.

Sarcasm is hard to send out and can be hard to receive. With all the crap I have seen written here...anything is possible.
I was definitely eyeballing the bait for a while and was starting to consider the possibility of taking a nibble, before the sarcasm flag suddenly popped up.

Like I said "that was some pretty awesome trolling and sarcasm".

I was definitely eyeballing the bait for a while and was starting to consider the possibility of taking a nibble, before the sarcasm flag suddenly popped up.

Like I said "that was some pretty awesome trolling and sarcasm".
I was just asking him if he was serious. It was a bit much. BUT, you never know.

Let's have 2 complete championships,1 for all the teams with a winning record,then 1 for all of the teams with losing records,that way every team would have post season,might be good to help grow the sport where it used to be!

Let's have 2 complete championships,1 for all the teams with a winning record,then 1 for all of the teams with losing records,that way every team would have post season,might be good to help grow the sport where it used to be!

Start handing out participation trophies

I was just asking him if he was serious. It was a bit much. BUT, you never know.

I have seen where the sarcasm wasn’t in the cards until they get called out and then they play that card to try and look smart. Their are somethings you don’t say to pull chains. Don’t be so gullible to think everything said is sarcasm.

I have seen where the sarcasm wasn’t in the cards until they get called out and then they play that card to try and look smart. Their are somethings you don’t say to pull chains. Don’t be so gullible to think everything said is sarcasm.
Corey, I was thinking the same thing a few hours ago. But I didn't mention it. Very good point.

I was definitely making fun of this thread.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT