ADVERTISEMENT

Which 5-4 Team goes the furthest?

I remember Rice playing south Elgin a few years back and SE was a good football team. Had the lead in the 4th quarter and had an absolute stud at WR.

Nothing but respect
MC Freshman team just finished 9-0, they destroyed just about everyone but LA and the next closest was against South Elgin in week one. It was 6-0 in the 4th Q before MC returned a punt for a TD and then got a pick 6 but South Elgin was really good, they have a good thing in place for awhile it seems

Jefferson moved from the DL to MLB against MC...maybe before MC but that’s where he was. He had a non stop motor and hits like a truck, but with that said, not sure if he had the coverage speed that LBs need now in these offenses. 15 years ago he’s the perfect MLB!

MC Freshman team just finished 9-0, they destroyed just about everyone but LA and the next closest was against South Elgin in week one. It was 6-0 in the 4th Q before MC returned a punt for a TD and then got a pick 6 but South Elgin was really good, they have a good thing in place for awhile it seems
Yeah SE program is built to last for a while. Frosh through Senior. That's cool that they hung in

Actually, other than LA, next closest game was 16 to 0 vs Marmion frosh.

Was that the same frosh team that Naz played? Or did Naz play their B team?

Actually, other than LA, next closest game was 16 to 0 vs Marmion frosh.
You are correct, I’ll give that the mud game * though. I think that game was played on their practice field in the mud.

You are correct, I’ll give that the mud game * though. I think that game was played on their practice field in the mud.
Good point. If the game hadn't been played on practice field Marmions frosh may have finished 8-1 instead of 7-2.

Sorry should have been more specific was that the same South Elgin frosh team that played Naz?
I guess...MC ended up winning that 26-0 but I know it was 6-0 in the 4th before the gates opened. They had some talent.

I guess...MC ended up winning that 26-0 but I know it was 6-0 in the 4th before the gates opened. They had some talent.
That’s quite surprising, it’s not a very good Naz frosh team (some kids were up) and Naz beat them.

That’s quite surprising, it’s not a very good Naz frosh team (some kids were up) and Naz beat them.
Well it was week 1 and their first high school game so nerves were there I’m sure being 13-14 year olds, but SE played well for 3 quarters that day.

Marist. I would not want to play them. Big, fast and playing with confidence. The 0 line compares favorably to Loyola’s. They have a stud linebacker #44 who is the real deal. Also, they in essence played their first away game last week and beat LA and are now playing with house chips.

:D
Your

You literally turned it into a measuring contest when you said br was way more talented . When clearly you didnt have a clue about the talent on their roster seeing that you didnt realise pc had the the most highly recruited player on the field in geers. Jones is a good player but there are lot of kids that talk to d1 schools and go on visits most of them dont get offers. I hope he does as I root for all ccl player but I personally dont see it. As far as morehead do you think hes as good as julian Blaine? I dont and Blaine didnt get any d1 offers.

Irish, my point was that BR should have won those games. There’s a reason they were ranked higher and predicted to win. Even the few people I know that are close to PC’s program didn’t like their chances.

Were they afraid of the coaching and scheme? I doubt it. Yes, I did not do my HW on your team, but I did watch the game. Congrats on all of your talent, you may have had more of an underwhelming season than BR then...:D

Kidding aside, I agree. Have to root for our own! Good luck vs Normal West!

Saw Badke at 2 grammar school games this past weekend
He’s out and he’s hustling
Trust me
All the schools hustle. At games, meet and greets, jamborees, etc.
Its actually a nightmare to have an 8th grade boy nowadays the amount of calls and questions they get. And feel bad for the coaches that have to make 200 phone calls a week to 13 yr old kids.[/QUOTE]

Honestly it kinda sounds a little filthy. Really they are 13 year olds.

Marist. I would not want to play them. Big, fast and playing with confidence. The 0 line compares favorably to Loyola’s. They have a stud linebacker #44 who is the real deal. Also, they in essence played their first away game last week and beat LA and are now playing with house chips.
They need to decide on a QB and stick with it though

Reactions: Oop-dee-oop_4
Its actually a nightmare to have an 8th grade boy nowadays the amount of calls and questions they get. And feel bad for the coaches that have to make 200 phone calls a week to 13 yr old kids.

Honestly it kinda sounds a little filthy. Really they are 13 year olds.[/QUOTE]
Once one school does something the others have to follow.
And parents are part of the problem. Had a guy say he was turned off cause a school wasn't at all his kids games watching.

Its actually a nightmare to have an 8th grade boy nowadays the amount of calls and questions they get. And feel bad for the coaches that have to make 200 phone calls a week to 13 yr old kids.

Honestly it kinda sounds a little filthy. Really they are 13 year olds.[/QUOTE]

If you don’t think LWE is doing the same you’re naive.

If you don’t think LWE is doing the same you’re naive.[/QUOTE]
But more like down to the age of 9 year olds who run the Falcon/Griffin offense and defense

Reactions: crusaderpride
Once one school does something the others have to follow.
And parents are part of the problem. Had a guy say he was turned off cause a school wasn't at all his kids games watching.[/QUOTE]

Yup
The parents are allowing this to happen and some cases I am sure they are even instigating the exposure. Sad.

But more like down to the age of 9 year olds who run the Falcon/Griffin offense and defense

Here we go again. Recruiting kids already in there district. Yeah that’s the same.[/QUOTE]
If you're recruiting them from going private, what's the difference?

Here we go again. Recruiting kids already in there district. Yeah that’s the same.
If you're recruiting them from going private, what's the difference?[/QUOTE]
There’s no damn difference, Catholics are recruiting their district as well.

Reactions: IgorStL
Here we go again. Recruiting kids already in there district. Yeah that’s the same.
If you're recruiting them from going private, what's the difference?[/QUOTE]

The difference is they don’t pay to go to public schools because they already live in their district. Private’s recruit from a 30 mile radius top players to go play for their school and in some cases will ever pay for their tuition. This is old news that has been debated over and over again.

If you're recruiting them from going private, what's the difference?

The difference is they don’t pay to go to public schools because they already live in their district. Private’s recruit from a 30 mile radius top players to go play for their school and in some cases will ever pay for their tuition. This is old news that has been debated over and over again.[/QUOTE]
Someone wants to pay thousands of dollars and drive 30 miles instead of go for free 15 minutes away what's the issue?
For some kids its probably a godsend to get out of their public school district.

The difference is they don’t pay to go to public schools because they already live in their district. Private’s recruit from a 30 mile radius top players to go play for their school and in some cases will ever pay for their tuition. This is old news that has been debated over and over again.
Someone wants to pay thousands of dollars and drive 30 miles instead of go for free 15 minutes away what's the issue?
For some kids its probably a godsend to get out of their public school district.[/QUOTE]

The difference is they cherry pick the studs on the teams. The coaches don’t talk to the kids on the bench. It’s nothing new I have lived it with my kids 15 years ago.

For some kids its probably a godsend to get out of their public school district.

The difference is they cherry pick the studs on the teams. The coaches don’t talk to the kids on the bench. It’s nothing new I have lived it with my kids 15 years ago.[/QUOTE]
Think its changing a little bit. Catholic schools need bodies, they seem to talk to everyone nowadays. Around me anyways.

Been saying that since the MC game. I got hammered on this board for mentioning they’d beat Rice if they played again(don’t remember who it was; thread was removed). Rewatching the Saturday Loyola game, I still believe. Marist is very good right now and is going to pose a problem to whoever is in front of them.

I don’t agree that they need to pick a QB and stick with him. They should use whatever QB is best against the defense they’re facing.

Reactions: Skins93
Been saying that since the MC game. I got hammered on this board for mentioning they’d beat Rice if they played again(don’t remember who it was; thread was removed). Rewatching the Saturday Loyola game, I still believe. Marist is very good right now and is going to pose a problem to whoever is in front of them.

I don’t agree that they need to pick a QB and stick with him. They should use whatever QB is best against the defense they’re facing.
Well, it looks like they picked the QB. The Soph DNP vs Loyola.

Well, it looks like they picked the QB. The Soph DNP vs Loyola.
That's a big decision by the coach. Telling your future he's gonna sit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT