ADVERTISEMENT

Which 5-4 Team goes the furthest?

I agree. I dont hear lack of leadership coming from the Lincoln way east, main south, MC, Loyola, montini programs even when they have 6-3 5-4 type of seasons.

This is 2 out of 3 years I’m hearing lack of leadership from BR.

That is disappointing.

Because those schools rarely, if ever, have 6-3,5-4 seasons. And if they do, they make long playoff runs.

Last edited:
I agree. And I know it plays a small factor in the decision between schools. At least it does to my nephews. How many hours of preparation and communication between staff and athletes does programs withoutin-house coaches miss out on? I would imagine 10-15 hours per week.
Depends on how many assistant coaches are in house but I think you are reaching. There’s obviously a thing you have against Badke

I agree. I dont hear lack of leadership coming from the Lincoln way east, main south, MC, Loyola, montini programs even when they have 6-3 5-4 type of seasons.

That is disappointing.

Hard for the HC to be a leader when he interviewed at Lyons Township in the spring as I reported months ago. Word got out. Kids don't trust that.

The Laurence game on homecoming is bad but was the sophs first real start? Granted that means the defense needs to step it up and didnt. And Providence dont think is totally lacking talent, they know what they're doing.
Still not sure rice has that many kids only looking for a scholarship, most are neighborhood kids that I have to assume realize 5'10 180 isn't getting the SEC up here.
If the coach gets a ton of credit for last year then has to get blame for this year, 2017, and 2016.
It rolls up hill for sure

Saw Badke at 2 grammar school games this past weekend
He’s out and he’s hustling
Trust me

I believe it.

I hope he and BR find away to get him back inhouse.

Lynch is hustling on MC during that 7am-3pm. I have no doubt that impacts game planning, player relationships, staff relationships etc. To compete consistently against MC Loyola Marist Rita you can not have a part time HC.[/QUOTE]

Wait...I thought recruiting was illegal?

I believe it.

Lynch is hustling on MC during that 7am-3pm. I have no doubt that impacts game planning, player relationships, staff relationships etc. To compete consistently against MC Loyola Marist Rita you can not have a part time HC.

Wait...I thought recruiting was illegal?[/QUOTE]
Watching a game isn’t illegal

Saw Badke at 2 grammar school games this past weekend
He’s out and he’s hustling
Trust me[/QUOTE]
All the schools hustle. At games, meet and greets, jamborees, etc.
Its actually a nightmare to have an 8th grade boy nowadays the amount of calls and questions they get. And feel bad for the coaches that have to make 200 phone calls a week to 13 yr old kids.

I believe it.

Lynch is hustling on MC during that 7am-3pm. I have no doubt that impacts game planning, player relationships, staff relationships etc. To compete consistently against MC Loyola Marist Rita you can not have a part time HC.

Wait...I thought recruiting was illegal?[/QUOTE]
Part time? Are you kidding me
Dude you have no clue

Depends on how many assistant coaches are in house but I think you are reaching. There’s obviously a thing you have against Badke

I have nothing against coach Badke. Just donated money to the past campaign.

Between 7-3pm he has another job. He has todo what is best for his family, 100% agree with that choice. During that time MC, Loyola, Rita, Marist head coach is working on their program.

Reactions: ssczar76
That’s great, keep donating
That’s not exactly true and you do realize they have other jobs within their respected schools

Part time? Are you kidding me
Dude you have no clue

Your definite answers are making me think you are coach Badke. Are you his personal assistant?[/QUOTE]
Hahaha
Trust me I’m not Badke, just close to the program and respect him very much.
I can promise you not one coach from the schools you mention give a damn about what’s written on these posts.

The Laurence game on homecoming is bad but was the sophs first real start? Granted that means the defense needs to step it up and didnt. And Providence dont think is totally lacking talent, they know what they're doing.
Still not sure rice has that many kids only looking for a scholarship, most are neighborhood kids that I have to assume realize 5'10 180 isn't getting the SEC up here.
If the coach gets a ton of credit for last year then has to get blame for this year, 2017, and 2016.

Soph didn't play QB that game. If you were at either game you know BR was clear favorite. Esp Laurence game which was Warren, best DL in state, debut.

Queen had a good pt above. You don't hear elite teams claiming lack of leadership. Have to engineer it

So who was the Blue coach that interviewed at Lyons? Heard from people in completely different groups there was a blue coach.

Yeah, but that one is going to win 5A...:D

They also lost to 6A Providence who 5A Montini curb stomped. I'm struggling to see how that end of the bracket in 8A is relevant if BR can make the semifinals.

Sorry, a few D2 offers according to his twitter account.

Don't worry Krock I like Badke and O'Brien. Just giving you a hard time. Carry on defending BBs honor

I'm convinced Kroc is Badke. No other man would answer with definite answers and defend every post like he's honoring knute rockne.

Go crusaders.

Last edited:
Yeah. There is no way Lyons is hiring a non-certified staff member as the head football coach. That's why I knew the Badke stuff was garbage.

And BR’s former OC worked at Eisenhower HS so he has whatever public school certification/requirements there would be.

So, about the 5-4 team to make a run (WHICH IS THE TOPIC OF THIS THREAD, BY THE WAY)...
St Laurence can absolutely play with anyone in 5A. Their 4 losses:
1. JCA by 1 on the road. Up by 9 at half, lost the lead, punched it in with little time left, went for 2, came up short.
2. 56-28 After a forgettable 1st quarter (21-0), the Vikings went blow for blow with Naz, putting 28 up on them. It was a two score game in the 3rd quarter. The last TD was garbage time after StL went for a 4th and 10 from their own 10. If they met again, i think it would be a closer game. The only other team to hang with Naz was Marist.
3. Benet by 4 at home. Missed two field goals, and was 0-5 on red zone trips. Lots of missed opportunities, but StL moved the ball a ton.
4. Providence by 1 on the road. Repeat final of the JCA game, punched it in with under a minute left, went for 2, came up short.
Won the TOP battle in all losses. Averaged more than 5 minutes more TOP in all games. Closest game TOP wise was Naz (big plays by a nationally ranked QB, Naz didn't need to hold the ball).
Hillcrest will be a tremendous test. If Rita or Sterling make it to the quarters, we'll likely host it if we get there. We're 7-0-2 ATS in CalPreps {9-0 if you make the home team lay three more). This team is gelling at the right time. This team is ripe for a run.

Last edited:
8A- Marist. I feel they are a legit threat to make it to the quarters. By no means easy, but I do think they can beat both GBE and Huntley. Then they run into either GBW, MS or LA-Yikes

7A-LWW. Another team who can make the quarters. Most likely a bye in round one and then a winnable game against the Reavis/Normal winner. Cant see them getting past MC in the quarters.

6A-I really don't see any 5-4's doing much. Maybe Lake Forest can steal a couple wins, but I am not confident in that.

5A- As previously stated, Stl. I really like this team. If they can get by Hillcrest, they will beat up on Fenwick and then give the Rita/Sterling all they can handle. And if they win that, they most likely will play Montini. That northern half of 5A is brutal.

That is disappointing.
The senior transfer was a bad move, sent a bad message to the team.

I'm convinced Kroc is Badke. No other man would answer with definite answers and defend every post like he's honoring knute rockne.

Go crusaders.
I was 100% convinced he was either him or his brother/son last year as he made it a personal mission to tear me and my life apart numerous times last season because I mentioned that I didn’t care for him because of a personal reason due to an incident that occurred over a decade earlier. He demanded to know what happened....he refused to believe that he possibly do anything wrong or have a disagreement with an individual that may turn someone off from him. I’m still pretty sure he has the family DNA, but he was posting immediately after the State game last year which led me to believe that it can’t be him.

Even though some of his comments to me last season made me take double my blood pressure prescriptions to calm down, I’ve developed a respect for him. If he’s anything he’s extremely loyal to him and apparently because he really helped him in life and I respect that. You really don’t see him post much on this board unless it’s in defense of him but I’m curious @krock the house whats your view on what could have went wrong on this years team? I think the choice of QB played a big part with the seniors moral as the one who is no longer with the program probably went a great deal to that class.

I was 100% convinced he was either him or his brother/son last year as he made it a personal mission to tear me and my life apart numerous times last season because I mentioned that I didn’t care for him because of a personal reason due to an incident that occurred over a decade earlier. He demanded to know what happened....he refused to believe that he possibly do anything wrong or have a disagreement with an individual that may turn someone off from him. I’m still pretty sure he has the family DNA, but he was posting immediately after the State game last year which led me to believe that it can’t be him.

Even though some of his comments to me last season made me take double my blood pressure prescriptions to calm down, I’ve developed a respect for him. If he’s anything he’s extremely loyal to him and apparently because he really helped him in life and I respect that. You really don’t see him post much on this board unless it’s in defense of him but I’m curious @krock the house whats your view on what could have went wrong on this years team? I think the choice of QB played a big part with the seniors moral as the one who is no longer with the program probably went a great deal to that class.
Season isn't over yet. They win 3 playoff games think can be considered a success.
Not like freshman that's only regular season so after 9 games you know what's what.

Back on track though I also think if Laurence can get past Hillcrest they will ride that momentum a long way.

Reactions: IgorStL
Season isn't over yet. They win 3 playoff games think can be considered a success.
Not like freshman that's only regular season so after 9 games you know what's what.
Correct. That’s why they are my pick to have a shot at the semi’s. Talent is there, something is just off.

Reactions: Oop-dee-oop_4
No 5-4 jumps out at me in 4A as primed for a long run. 4A North has 5 CPS schools as the lower seed, so it looks like it will start with a crawl. Manteno might have a shot, although RB @ Manteno and IC @ Manteno rounds 2 & 3 would be interesting (hmmm, not too much of a homer idea there)...McNamara as a 6-3 12 seed in the south seems poised to run through the Mt. Zion & Rochester free bracket...perhaps a rematch of last years shootout with Effingham in the semis...

3A isn't much better for a surprise. 3 6 win CPS teams as lower seeds doesn't help in the North, and the 4 5-4 teams are far from favored. If Peotone's stud back plays, they are the likely surprise of the north side. The South...Williamsville's bracket to lose, again the upsets are few...

Reactions: USD24

As I don’t share DNA, I do consider him family. Believe me Badke isn’t the type to engage in this BS on this board that we all do.
Appreciate your insight McC and do share In the respect for you as well.
As for This yours team the jury is still out. As Marcia stated they have a chance to make it a good year with success in the playoffs.
That being said I really don’t think the QB situation would of made a difference one way or the other. It’s easy to point at that but let’s be honest the defense has been a huge disappointment.
I think there is a ton a talent at some positions and a huge drop off at other positions
In my heart of hearts I think they will make a run.

As I don’t share DNA, I do consider him family. Believe me Badke isn’t the type to engage in this BS on this board that we all do.
Appreciate your insight McC and do share In the respect for you as well.
As for This yours team the jury is still out. As Marcia stated they have a chance to make it a good year with success in the playoffs.
That being said I really don’t think the QB situation would of made a difference one way or the other. It’s easy to point at that but let’s be honest the defense has been a huge disappointment.
I think there is a ton a talent at some positions and a huge drop off at other positions
In my heart of hearts I think they will make a run.
Do tell... What are the weak positions? I have watched 3 full game tapes...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT