ADVERTISEMENT

Which 5-4 Team goes the furthest?

Back on track-- Rice could make some noise. Looks like some defensive adjustments were made in 2nd half vs MC as they definately slowed the Caravan down. Thought they could have moved warren outside to end to limit Lynch rolling out but stopped MC either way. Soph QB was electric and the team believed in him. Looked like a different team and its all about momentum and Rice has some even though they lost.
I saw Minooka play a few weeks ago. They're very good.

BR was way more talented than PC and Laurence. Those are bad losses. Lack of leadership would be a bunch of kids playing for 'me' instead of 'we', as Krock alluded to. Most kids now are more focused on scholarships than getting a ring. However, it is the coaches job to change that.
Where
BR was way more talented than PC and Laurence. Those are bad losses. Lack of leadership would be a bunch of kids playing for 'me' instead of 'we', as Krock alluded to. Most kids now are more focused on scholarships than getting a ring. However, it is the coaches job to change that.
Where is br way more talented then pc? I take pc qb ,online ,wr, te , dbs,. Linebackers a draw . Br has better dline. And I'll give shaw slight edge over vaughn.

Where

Where is br way more talented then pc? I take pc qb ,online ,wr, te , dbs,. Linebackers a draw . Br has better dline. And I'll give shaw slight edge over vaughn.

PC QB struggled until BR game. At that point, QBs were a draw. I'll give you OL. That's about it. PC has a D1 player at both LB and DB? (BR does). PC WRs were ok. BR's O doesn't play up to it's talent. Moorehead will be D1.

Should be 2 D1 offensive guys (Shaw/Moorehead) and 3 on the defensive side. (Jefferson/Iraci/Jones). I know PC has a D1 player on OL. Not sure if any others?

Reactions: dweise
Back on track-- Rice could make some noise. Looks like some defensive adjustments were made in 2nd half vs MC as they definately slowed the Caravan down. Thought they could have moved warren outside to end to limit Lynch rolling out but stopped MC either way. Soph QB was electric and the team believed in him. Looked like a different team and its all about momentum and Rice has some even though they lost.
Think pride had to do with alot too. Got drilled in the 1st half in a huge game. Dont come out fired up in 2nd half something is really wrong.

43 played outside a ton vs StL. Only moved inside after the center got hurt.

PC QB struggled until BR game. At that point, QBs were a draw. I'll give you OL. That's about it. PC has a D1 player at both LB and DB? (BR does). PC WRs were ok. BR's O doesn't play up to it's talent. Moorehead will be D1.

Should be 2 D1 offensive guys (Shaw/Moorehead) and 3 on the defensive side. (Jefferson/Iraci/Jones). I know PC has a D1 player on OL. Not sure if any others?
I dont think morehead or jones will be d1. Manikowski is every bit as good as iraci hes committed to play d1 baseball. Elias Valdez. Is a d1 talents without d1 size has offers from butler valpo same with oliver cox.

Reactions: Dual-triple_threat
Think pride had to do with alot too. Got drilled in the 1st half in a huge game. Dont come out fired up in 2nd half something is really wrong.

I hope you're right on that. The first half was BAD!. Friday comes soon enough and we'll see how they all fare this weekend. I expect to see some surprises as always.

A few more D1 offers doesnt always add up to a better team especially in hs football one game setting.
There's some mean ass quality players that dont have the measurements to get a D1 offer. Sometimes you put a bunch of them together with the right scheme and good things happen.

A few more D1 offers doesnt always add up to a better team especially in hs football one game setting.
There's some mean ass quality players that dont have the measurements to get a D1 offer. Sometimes you put a bunch of them together with the right scheme and good things happen.[/QUOTE

Absolutely, there are also those guys that have all the measurables, but don't play as well as the guy that's shorter and lighter.

There's some mean ass quality players that dont have the measurements to get a D1 offer. Sometimes you put a bunch of them together with the right scheme and good things happen.

Right you are, and a D1 offer is to a player, not a team.

Spot on. (2018 Crusaders)

I think they are going to be alright :)
I already said. We are short slow and not athletic .. I imagine BR will walk through the playoffs and win their 15 state title... Oh wait they only won 1 40 years ago... but for sure they will walk into DeKalb no issues with all that talent

I already said. We are short slow and not athletic .. I imagine BR will walk through the playoffs and win their 15 state title... Oh wait they only won 1 40 years ago... but for sure they will walk into DeKalb no issues with all that talent
I read that as your take on the BR dbacks and they expanded on it.

So I take it Bartlett is actually big, fast and very athletic as most 8A playoff teams should be.

And it was 38 years ago.

Reactions: Gene K. and bhawks
I mostly just watch the line of scrimmage, but I haven't seen Deion yet.
I love the banter and gamesmanship.... But at the end of the day there is alot of respect for the CCL teams trust me. We all know they have history and great players. The hope is that Bartlett and SE can make blthe games close. I would love to see a good game win or lose.

I love the banter and gamesmanship.... But at the end of the day there is alot of respect for the CCL teams trust me. We all know they have history and great players. The hope is that Bartlett and SE can make blthe games close. I would love to see a good game win or lose.

I remember Rice playing south Elgin a few years back and SE was a good football team. Had the lead in the 4th quarter and had an absolute stud at WR.

Nothing but respect

I dont think morehead or jones will be d1. Manikowski is every bit as good as iraci hes committed to play d1 baseball. Elias Valdez. Is a d1 talents without d1 size has offers from butler valpo same with oliver cox.

Myles is in contact with a fair amount of D1 programs. He was just at Iowa a few weeks ago. Moorehead has the size and talent, just has to put it all together.

No need to turn this into a measuring contest. If you think PC has better players we will have to agree to disagree and call it a day.

Myles is in contact with a fair amount of D1 programs. He was just at Iowa a few weeks ago. Moorehead has the size and talent, just has to put it all together.

No need to turn this into a measuring contest. If you think PC has better players we will have to agree to disagree and call it a day.

Cox, I forgot all about him.

I remember Rice playing south Elgin a few years back and SE was a good football team. Had the lead in the 4th quarter and had an absolute stud at WR.

Nothing but respect
Was that Kumerow? Plays for Packers now

Your

You literally turned it into a measuring contest when you said br was way more talented . When clearly you didnt have a clue about the talent on their roster seeing that you didnt realise pc had the the most highly recruited player on the field in geers. Jones is a good player but there are lot of kids that talk to d1 schools and go on visits most of them dont get offers. I hope he does as I root for all ccl player but I personally dont see it. As far as morehead do you think hes as good as julian Blaine? I dont and Blaine didnt get any d1 offers.

I don’t know if they made a lot of adjustments I think MC just played a simple, basic, run first game plan the second half to run the clock and keep it moving... with a 4 TD lead they were able to do that. If BR would have made it a one score game they would have opened the offense up again. BR and Warren stopped jumping off sides the second half while MC made some dumb penalties of their own the second half that extended some BR drives...been a thorn in MC side all year.

Your

You literally turned it into a measuring contest when you said br was way more talented . When clearly you didnt have a clue about the talent on their roster seeing that you didnt realise pc had the the most highly recruited player on the field in geers. Jones is a good player but there are lot of kids that talk to d1 schools and go on visits most of them dont get offers. I hope he does as I root for all ccl player but I personally dont see it. As far as morehead do you think hes as good as julian Blaine? I dont and Blaine didnt get any d1 offers.
grades

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT