ADVERTISEMENT

Wheaton Academy @ St. Laurence

MS4EVER

Gold Member
Dec 4, 2004
I will be headed out to Burbank Saturday to watch this game. Does WA have a chance? Thoughts?

I know absolutely nothing about Wheaton Academy. Laurence didn’t play a very strong CCL schedule. Their Non-Conference was Von Stubben and a Forfeit win over CPS Noble. They lost to St. Francis, Rita, and Montini. They beat Providence and IC last week was their signature win. They have a nice team, they would not compete with many of the CCL upper teams, but 4A is a good place for them to make a run. I have them in the State game vs. Rochester that they will be heavy underdogs in.

Reactions: lookoutforliam
This will be one of the more over matched games Saturday.

WA is sound and will play extremely hard. SL will have to beat them bc they won’t beat themselves but they just don’t have the dudes/Size that SL has.

SL - 32
WA -14

Reactions: Panthers1211
I know absolutely nothing about Wheaton Academy. Laurence didn’t play a very strong CCL schedule. Their Non-Conference was Von Stubben and a Forfeit win over CPS Noble. They lost to St. Francis, Rita, and Montini. They beat Providence and IC last week was their signature win. They have a nice team, they would not compete with many of the CCL upper teams, but 4A is a good place for them to make a run. I have them in the State game vs. Rochester that they will be heavy underdogs in.

Noble was a replacement for Alleman who didn't field a Varsity team. Noble told the Vikings at the last minute after repeated e-mails & calls by Laurence that went unreturned that they wouldn't be playing. Despite the fact some CPS teams didn't have a game & some had forfeited the Grand Puba of CPS would not allow any of those teams to play the Vikings after St.L reached out to him. He threw a tantrum because the Vikings beat Von Steuben 77-0 but in no way did they run it up

Reactions: tmjgrady
Vikings need to stay hungry & not overlook anybody
Absolutely. I had the opportunity to chat with some players after the IC game and delivered that message. Really a great group of guys who gave this old alum a chance to rejoice in their victory.

Reactions: eireog
The Vikings would only be outmatched by LA and MC.
They lost to Rita by 2 scores, who lost to BR by 20. I think they would be underdogs to BR, Marist, JCA and Iggy in addition to MC and LA. Just my opinion.

For those going St Laurence from noon to 2 is having Backyard BBQ all you can eat I believe plus Bloody Mary's & other drinks & stuff. $40 & you have to get your ticket for that by days end thursday. It's on St Laurence Athletics Instagram

Reactions: tmjgrady
For those going St Laurence from noon to 2 is having Backyard BBQ all you can eat I believe plus Bloody Mary's & other drinks & stuff. $40 & you have to get your ticket for that by days end thursday. It's on St Laurence Athletics Instagram
How are they getting away with booze, or is it cool because it ends an hour before the game?

How are they getting away with booze, or is it cool because it ends an hour before the game?
I went to Fenwick vs Mt.Carmel at Toyota park years ago. $20 all you can eat & drink. Booze,soda plus all the great Chicago food plus desserts

They lost to Rita by 2 scores, who lost to BR by 20. I think they would be underdogs to BR, Marist, JCA and Iggy in addition to MC and LA. Just my opinion.
Ahem….I feel like you missed one. But the Lou Holtz in me will allow it 😉

In addition, they have already lost to Montini and St Francis this year, so I would say you could add them to the list. I would also say they would be underdogs to Naz as well.

Reactions: tuccs
In addition, they have already lost to Montini and St Francis this year, so I would say you could add them to the list. I would also say they would be underdogs to Naz as well.
I always liked your shade of brown better. McCaravan broke my heart 😭

How is the parking at St. Laurence?
Kinda tight. I went to the MC game there in 2018 and if may have been 700 total fans there and the school lot filled quickly and I parked in the lot across the street.

Reactions: MS4EVER

Parking is now excellent - our neighbor (formerly the property of Queen of Peace) appears to allow parking on their lot - so very adequate - if the StL lot is full just navigate over and around the school to access the other lot. There is also parking on Central Ave and west of Central Ave if necessary. The other lot I referred to initially is just east of Laurence. Welcome to St Laurence (I'm not part of the admin, just alum but would still like to welcome you to Kavanagh Stadium, home of the Vikings!)

Parking is now excellent - our neighbor (formerly the property of Queen of Peace) appears to allow parking on their lot - so very adequate - if the StL lot is full just navigate over and around the school to access the other lot. There is also parking on Central Ave and west of Central Ave if necessary. The other lot I referred to initially is just east of Laurence. Welcome to St Laurence (I'm not part of the admin, just alum but would still like to welcome you to Kavanagh Stadium, home of the Vikings!)
Appreciate the welcome! Hoping the Warriors can slow down the Vikings!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT