ADVERTISEMENT

What did we learn week 5 ?!?!?

I’m waiting for Jchill to tell me what I learned, but he’s already on week 7.

First time poster here! I've been lurking in the shadows for a few months on the site. Obviously I'm a PR homer and I've been been drinking the Koolaid but Hinterland is very entertaining and he's had too much PR Koolaid.
I watch every PR game that I can. Our team has vulnerabilities and can be beaten by a good team with a good game plan.

Way to go Wolffan. Although the Wolves don't need it, I applaud your effort to keep some of their "opposition" off guard by thinking PR has some vulnerabilities. I only hope some of the posters on here are kind to you when they find out you were only playing possum with your comments and sandbagging them. I myself prefer the other option: telling others straight up that they have less than a 0% chance of beating our Wolves. For the umpteenth time people: we are not talking about just any high school football team here, get that through your heads.

P.S. I remember a statement on this site last year to the effect that teams did not know what was about to hit them when they played PR , and many were not afraid to state that PR was the best team in the state in ANY class. It's a year later and now you all want to try to argue against the obvious because it wasn't one of you geniuses stating it? Hypocrits!!!!

Wow. Ok give me some of that coolaid. Keep tugging on supermans cape - just remember - even superman is vulnerable to the green kryptonite!!

From my mind - There is always a Wiley Lex Luthor hanging around in the shadows with a plan and a box full of kryptonite! It's what you can't see coming that scares me - but on the plus side - if the Football Gods are focused on you and PR - they will forget to curse WV with multiple turnovers the rest of the way so I am happy about that!!

Reactions: Gene K.
Has anyone seen any of PR's lower levels play? I agree with an earlier post that Samson is truly a once in a generation talent and for the past 4 seasons the team has been built around him.......what's next for PR? JV/Soph QB waiting in the wings? I know little brother Carter Evans is a Freshman and currently starting as the wideout on Varsity.

Has anyone seen any of PR's lower levels play? I agree with an earlier post that Samson is truly a once in a generation talent and for the past 4 seasons the team has been built around him.......what's next for PR? JV/Soph QB waiting in the wings? I know little brother Carter Evans is a Freshman and currently starting as the wideout on Varsity.
Rumors have been floating around this past year that PR is closing it's doors due to shrinking enrollment and will be absorbed by CL Central. Wouldn't that be a bummer.

Way to go Wolffan. Although the Wolves don't need it, I applaud your effort to keep some of their "opposition" off guard by thinking PR has some vulnerabilities. I only hope some of the posters on here are kind to you when they find out you were only playing possum with your comments and sandbagging them. I myself prefer the other option: telling others straight up that they have less than a 0% chance of beating our Wolves. For the umpteenth time people: we are not talking about just any high school football team here, get that through your heads.

P.S. I remember a statement on this site last year to the effect that teams did not know what was about to hit them when they played PR , and many were not afraid to state that PR was the best team in the state in ANY class. It's a year later and now you all want to try to argue against the obvious because it wasn't one of you geniuses stating it? Hypocrits!!!!
I don't know. Barely beating CG and Huntley then rolling over the rest of the Fox Valley doesn't tell me it's inevitable.

Yes I'm for real, as are all the media covering PR and him. Quick, someone inform the CSN "Drive" Team that they are covering the WRONG team!!

Someone told me that this was one of the better boards with some of the most knowledgeable high school football posters. Quite doubtful, given the fact that some of you insist on throwing cliques around basically saying "anything can happen". Tell me geniuses, who is going to win 6A. I saved you the bother of trying to figure it out, and you're too ******** to accept it. Except for 6A and 4A, there is plenty of room for discussion for the other six classes (although I now question your ability to provide any cogent analysis of them).
A little unsolicited advice, don't do this to the kid. You sound like a nut job and you're not doing PR any favors. You sound just like GoldenDomer93.

I don't know. Barely beating CG and Huntley then rolling over the rest of the Fox Valley doesn't tell me it's inevitable.

I agree. This is comical...can't tell if people are serious or delusional. They've played two teams that gave them a game. Lot of football left...

There is no other way to say it.

The IG Domer lives here again.

I'm not sure if Hinter has ever seen Sybil, but methinks that there are full conversations going on between him an Wolfie with no spectators. Something tells me if you blow the candle out too quick you'll hear both of them.

Reactions: Gene K.
A little unsolicited advice, don't do this to the kid. You sound like a nut job and you're not doing PR any favors. You sound just like GoldenDomer93.

Hey sport, I'm not the one filming him, shoving microphones in his and the other team members' faces, writing articles about him and the team, and "Drive" Teaming them. Start talking to the media if you're so concerned!

Hey sport, I'm not the one filming him, shoving microphones in his and the other team members' faces, writing articles about him and the team, and "Drive" Teaming them. Start talking to media if you're so concerned!
Hey Hinter...

Can we talk to WolfFan?

How do we talk to WolfFan?

Reactions: Quags57
I agree. This is comical...can't tell if people are serious or delusional. They've played two teams that gave them a game. Lot of football left...

Hey CGsupporter, if you guys should happen to play the Wolves again in the playoffs, you'll be looking back at the week one 7-6 loss as the "good ole days"!

There is no other way to say it.

The IG Domer lives here again.

I'm not sure if Hinter has ever seen Sybil, but methinks that there are full conversations going on between him an Wolfie with no spectators. Something tells me if you blow the candle out too quick you'll hear both of them.
I don't know Hinter. I'm not conversing with him behind closed doors.
Every fan who's team is doing well should have unbridled optimism for their future. I haven't even bordered on delusional yet I feel as if I'm being thrown in with Hinter.
I don't know nearly as much about the game as most of the frequent posters but I see vulnerabilities in our game. I'm sure a coaching staff can find them watching film. I believe we can win 6A but I'm not overconfident enough to believe we can't lose.

I don't know Hinter. I'm not conversing with him behind closed doors.
Every fan who's team is doing well should have unbridled optimism for their future. I haven't even bordered on delusional yet I feel as if I'm being thrown in with Hinter.
I don't know nearly as much about the game as most of the frequent posters but I see vulnerabilities in our game. I'm sure a coaching staff can find them watching film. I believe we can win 6A but I'm not overconfident enough to believe we can't lose.

And I do not know Wolffan. Kind of disappointed in him or her, however. I do not think it is being overconfident in stating the obvious as I have. Here's a heads up Wolfy: you will feel much better at the end of the season when you're able to say that you knew this exceptional team was going to win. You will also feel much better about yourself for having never doubted the inevitable. Right now, I sense a little wavering on your part. Come on man, you know better than that!!

Capn'

I think I owe you an apology, even at the height of your optimism it's never approached this yahoo. Good luck the rest of the way this season!

And I get called smug

smh

All good. I really have tried to dial back the chest thumping for GW because you never know when you are going to run into a hot LA or MS.

I did get a little amped up in '15 with the DSR over the GW vs LA debate, but never from a "we are obviously better," but more from a "your logic doesn't hold because of the quality wins and common opponents" argument.

This cat is in a league all by himself if this is who we think he is.

Last edited:
And I do not know Wolffan. Kind of disappointed in him or her, however. I do not think it is being overconfident in stating the obvious as I have. Here's a heads up Wolfy: you will feel much better at the end of the season when you're able to say that you knew this exceptional team was going to win. You will also feel much better about yourself for having never doubted the inevitable. Right now, I sense a little wavering on your part. Come on man, you know better than that!!
Domer

I think I am now rooting for the box of kryptonite as it's becoming like fingernails on a chalk board to me with all those troll like over the top posts.
Hinterland has put the hex on PR. Superman better hope he doesn't get Charles Martined.

Last edited:
Hey CGsupporter, if you guys should happen to play the Wolves again in the playoffs, you'll be looking back at the week one 7-6 loss as the "good ole days"!
CG isn't as good as you think, but props to your boys for beating them by 1.

Rumors have been floating around this past year that PR is closing it's doors due to shrinking enrollment and will be absorbed by CL Central. Wouldn't that be a bummer.

D155 has looked at cutting costs and closing a school, however IF a school is closed the most likely candidates to be closed are either Central or South. Central has not been updated since PR was built I am pretty sure, they also have no way to expand their building due to current set up of tennis courts, football fields, parking lots, and park district fields. PR would have to move tennis courts but that is doable with current set up.
Even with all these rumors however no school is close to be closed as of right now. The district would first leave the separate site they have established for the district which would save several million dollars a year. (this info was shared at board meetings in the last few years)

IF PR was closed the resulting teams that Central and CG would field would be scary good.

--------------------------------------------------------------------- Cut Here ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

FIFY

PR's lower levels are stocked. I've seen first hand watching their kids play us at the TCYFL levels to HS. While Samson is a great player, PR won a state championship and was in the semi's a couple times before he arrived on campus.
Their soph class is very good. Varsity starting safety Kolblinger, Orr dline, and Frier OLB are sophs. Their JV qb leydon (soph), is quite good. Not the runner Samson is, but still good. I believe two of their starting runners are juniors and have a soph in Brown who is behind guilbrasen. They have about 4-5 standout kids with the freshman class. Obviously Carter, the other Evans (who I've been told is not related) is very good. Good lineman in person and reese, and baker at qb.

I believe we have a better junior and freshman level, but time will tell.

Reactions: Relist8
I was told that PR has more Sophs(4) starting on Varsity than Juniors. Very weak Junior class, strong Soph class (but no size) and very thin Freshman class but 3-4 impact type players.

Maybe PR will opt up after running through 6A this year. We could use them in 8A.

Maybe PR will opt up after running through 6A this year. We could use them in 8A.

Nice thought Cross Bones, but some of the "geniuses" frequenting this site question PR running through 6A. I think you and I know differently. Without Superman however, I don't think they would be inclined to opt up even to 7A. If he would still be there in 2018, maybe.

• When 13,800 kids leave your school district over the summer, you might have to cancel a few football games.
  • Using ringers works, until you get caught.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT