ADVERTISEMENT

What did we learn week 5 ?!?!?

Not taking them lightly at all, they might be a top 16 team, but they haven't played anyone yet
They have beat a 4A and 5A schools that will be in the playoffs. I don't think you realize the feat that holding Solorio to 6 points really is. FWIW Raby would still be 5-0 if they had played who Herscher has played to date. Calpreps ranks Herscher's schedule to date only 7 points stronger than Raby's. Raby had 2 very weak teams that drags the schedule strength down but they did beat them 90-0. Use just other 3 teams and Raby has just as strong of a schedule than Herscher. Take those 2 out of the equation and the number drops to 2 points, basically a push.

Reactions: Buccaneer Bear
11. That there are now a number of vocal 4A football followers in the Edgy sphere.

12. That we should be patient when new members hijack threads and know that they will start their own threads once they realize the faux pas.

Have you seen Raby? B

First of all, what the hell does last year's 2-7 record have to do with anything? They allowed 57 points to Solorio last year and only six this week. Clearly, they have improved.

Have you seen them play? I'm guessing no. Dismissing them because of your reasons is pretty funny.

Your logic works both ways. So if you are like DCaudle and think they will roll thru 4A North, what are you basing it on??? And I havent dismissed them at all, said its possible they could be a top 16 team in 4A, in other words a team thats good enough to win a playoff game..

i don't think alleman is among the top teams in 4a this season. they might win the western big 6, but this year that's like being the skinniest kid at fat camp.

I heard about the hype, good tradition... then went and looked at their scores, you seem correct.

Have to wait, I really don't know what Rochester has

Fair enough. My thoughts on Rochester are mainly based on Derek Leonard being an offensive-minded genius compared to the majority of 4A teams up north trying to defend his teams in championship games. Six wins out of 6 championship games is, let's see, uh--100%. In other words, when he get's a team to the championship game, it's blood in the water time for him!!

They have beat a 4A and 5A schools that will be in the playoffs. I don't think you realize the feat that holding Solorio to 6 points really is. FWIW Raby would still be 5-0 if they had played who Herscher has played to date. Calpreps ranks Herscher's schedule to date only 7 points stronger than Raby's. Raby had 2 very weak teams that drags the schedule strength down but they did beat them 90-0. Use just other 3 teams and Raby has just as strong of a schedule than Herscher. Take those 2 out of the equation and the number drops to 2 points, basically a push.

And Calpreps has Herscher beating Raby.. and I only see one team Raby has played that makes the playoffs.

Fair enough. My thoughts on Rochester are mainly based on Derek Leonard being an offensive-minded genius compared to the majority of 4A teams up north trying to defend his teams in championship games. Six wins out of 6 championship games is, let's see, uh--100%. In other words, when he get's a team to the championship game, it's blood in the water time for him!!

I would love to see a Rochester- Herscher game.. our offense is really good, put up over 500 yards on Phillips last year and Coal City this year, doing something right

I would love to see a Rochester- Herscher game.. our offense is really good, put up over 500 yards on Phillips last year and Coal City this year, doing something right

Sounds like a good year for them. Looking ahead, whom do you see as the biggest road block to seeing your wish come true?

We have a few tough games to worry about before even think about round 1 of the playoffs, let alone that

4A North would indeed appear to have the preponderance of above average teams compared to the South bracket, but

1. If the last three years are any indication, 844 enrollment would put Morris in 5A;

2. The 4A North bracket come playoff time will be comparable to the 6A South bracket: The teams in these brackets will be playing to see who gets to lose to Rochester and Prairie Ridge, respectively, in the championship game. Whoever comes out of the 4A North bracket will not be able to deal with Rochester's passing game, and the 6A South bracket winner will not be able to handle Superman. If only ALL things in life were this cut and dried!!, and

3. Regarding Althoff: How deep is deep, Crusader?
Prairie Ridge will be in the north bracket. That will be very interesting with Naz, Cary Grove and Montini

Prairie Ridge will be in the north bracket. That will be very interesting with Naz, Cary Grove and Montini

The fact that Prairie Ridge has to even play preliminary playoff games is to me a gross injustice. It supposes that any of the other 15 teams in their bracket would have a chance against them. What a slap in the face to PR. I guess they are required to play the games in order to receive the championship trophy, but what a farce!!

The fact that Prairie Ridge has to even play preliminary playoff games is to me a gross injustice. It supposes that any of the other 15 teams in their bracket would have a chance against them. What a slap in the face to PR. I guess they are required to play the games in order to receive the championship trophy, but what a farce!!
You are right on...#Superman, as he was so eloquently called in an earlier post this thread, has no worries! CSN and PR have it all played out...like I said before - we will all enjoy the ride until we meet our fate but at least we know Thanksgiving Saturday is open!!

You are right on...#Superman, as he was so eloquently called in an earlier post this thread, has no worries! CSN and PR have it all played out...like I said before - we will all enjoy the ride until we meet our fate but at least we know Thanksgiving Saturday is open!!

Thanks Prowler. You are at least one poster on here who has common sense. The sad thing is, a lot of people will go on believing that the 6A playoffs are somehow going to provide some drama. And by the way, shame on anyone in the 6A field (coaches, parents, fans, media, etc.) who tries to deny the obvious. It is not fair to the players on your respective teams. You would do much better consoling them with the fact that once Superman graduates, they will again have a chance to be competitive. I think this would help them deal with the situation. Woe to any of you whose players ever find out that you were less than honest with them!!

Sorry if I mislead you...should have put a lol on there I guess! I am sorry but 1 man a football team doesn't make- we are all impressed with your guy and hope he does great things- but have to believe it's a little far fetched to write off every 6A team North of 80-- good luck to you fella!! Luv the confidence but keep in mind it's a long way from game 13 to get to state...1 week at a time buddy 1 week at a time!

Reactions: Bowie50
Stranger things have happened. Overconfidence can bring down the wrath of the Football Gods...

Sorry if I mislead you...should have put a lol on there I guess! I am sorry but 1 man a football team doesn't make- we are all impressed with your guy and hope he does great things- but have to believe it's a little far fetched to write off every 6A team North of 80-- good luck to you fella!! Luv the confidence but keep in mind it's a long way from game 13 to get to state...1 week at a time buddy 1 week at a time!

No problem, I guess. I would also agree with your sentiments if it were any other player in the entire state we were talking about, and believe it or not, I even think some 7A and 8A teams would be competitive with PR, at least up to a point. It's just not going to happen in 6A however, and if everyone on this site and around the state is honest with themselves, they would agree.

Stranger things have happened. Overconfidence can bring down the wrath of the Football Gods...

Like I responded to Prowler above, I would agree with you if we were talking about any other player and team in the state, but we aren't. GREATNESS of this level is very rarely experienced!!

Like I responded to Prowler above, I would agree with you if we were talking about any other player and team in the state, but we aren't. GREATNESS of this level is very rarely experienced!!

Dude, you are messing with Karma, suggest you stop right now. As noted above make FB Gods angry and FB Gods will eat you. All kinds of weird stuff can happen and probably will. one of about 1 gazillion examples would be NE Patriots going into SB in 2007

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21
Someone is off their meds.

Are you for real? Your posts are comical....keep them coming!

No problem, I guess. I would also agree with your sentiments if it were any other player in the entire state we were talking about, and believe it or not, I even think some 7A and 8A teams would be competitive with PR, at least up to a point. It's just not going to happen in 6A however, and if everyone on this site and around the state is honest with themselves, they would agree.
Wasn't "Superman" a missed PAT away from going to OT with another 6A team?

Reactions: MS4EVER
Oh yes he is for real...he's posted it multiple times on various boards- it's all about Superman! It's really good stuff- great read lol

Yes I'm for real, as are all the media covering PR and him. Quick, someone inform the CSN "Drive" Team that they are covering the WRONG team!!

Someone told me that this was one of the better boards with some of the most knowledgeable high school football posters. Quite doubtful, given the fact that some of you insist on throwing cliques around basically saying "anything can happen". Tell me geniuses, who is going to win 6A. I saved you the bother of trying to figure it out, and you're too ******** to accept it. Except for 6A and 4A, there is plenty of room for discussion for the other six classes (although I now question your ability to provide any cogent analysis of them).

Who is throwing Cliques around. I would think only Superman could be that strong?

Yes I'm for real, as are all the media covering PR and him. Quick, someone inform the CSN "Drive" Team that they are covering the WRONG team!!

Someone told me that this was one of the better boards with some of the most knowledgeable high school football posters. Quite doubtful, given the fact that some of you insist on throwing cliques around basically saying "anything can happen". Tell me geniuses, who is going to win 6A. I saved you the bother of trying to figure it out, and you're too ******** to accept it. Except for 6A and 4A, there is plenty of room for discussion for the other six classes (although I now question your ability to provide any cogent analysis of them).

seriously? no such thing as a serious board, but, on to your ....ah post. Been a part of teams that have had their "superstar" or in your case SUPERMAN go down with a season ending injury, said season then fizzled out. God forbid any player get hurt, don't want it, but, in a violent unpredictable sport it does happen. Or it snows in the p/o or is a monsoon and the "never happen" happens with an upset. Guessing if the coach of PR saw your post they would be cringing.

I agree PR is by far the favorite in 6A and assuming something wacky doesn't happen - the discussion is pretty much who will be the opponent that gets walloped on thanksgiving weekend but LISTEN to NormDog! He knows of what he speaks!! I didn't want to utter the injury word - and God Forbid - but that is just one example of the Football Gods fury Once they are provoked and angered. Don't pull the tail of the Tiger is all I am saying.

Reactions: Gene K.
I agree PR is by far the favorite in 6A and assuming something wacky doesn't happen - the discussion is pretty much who will be the opponent that gets walloped on thanksgiving weekend but LISTEN to NormDog! He knows of what he speaks!! I didn't want to utter the injury word - and God Forbid - but that is just one example of the Football Gods fury Once they are provoked and angered. Don't pull the tail of the Tiger is all I am saying.

The weather can cause some pretty strange results and even the occasional upset; Sept. 19, 2015 Naz v. MCC at MCC. A downpour caused the game to be suspended. At that time, if my recollection is correct, Naz was up 19-0 on MCC. Naz had not had a loss in 1.5 years, the rain caused MCC's grass field to turn into soup. Naz rarely played on grass and was not able to score after play resumed. MCC, being accustomed to their grass field when onto win 34-19. Naz went on to win the 5A championship. What if that game, under the same conditions, happened in the playoffs? Lucky for Naz it didn't but it could have.

https://edgytim.forums.rivals.com/threads/upset-alert-naz.4310/

Last edited:
seriously? no such thing as a serious board, but, on to your ....ah post. Been a part of teams that have had their "superstar" or in your case SUPERMAN go down with a season ending injury, said season then fizzled out. God forbid any player get hurt, don't want it, but, in a violent unpredictable sport it does happen. Or it snows in the p/o or is a monsoon and the "never happen" happens with an upset. Guessing if the coach of PR saw your post they would be cringing.

Ok, you people got me. I hate to admit it, but I am at a loss as to how to dumb this down any more for you guys. He is not able to get hurt and PR will not stumble, or I would have stated it. PR coach already knows how great and special his team is, so I seriously doubt if he will be cringing (unless it is because of some of the ridiculous comments on here relating to how "anything can happen"). How pathetic!!

Did I understand you correctly that 7A-8A teams would be competitive up to a point?

Dammit....WTH, did I miss the acid party again?
Bones, MWitt,VooDoo,Ramblin, MS4???
I would have thought one of you would have given me a heads up on the shindig.

Ah

Ah hah... I got it

Are you IG88?

Voodoo, your comments reflect at least a tiny sense of reality as opposed to some of the other posters on here. However, I must say that you and everyone else do not realize that PR and Superman are something that only comes around every 100 years or so and, instead of rejoicing in it, some people try to bring irrelevant, and yes, irreverent, arguments into the discussion. The Football Gods, as you call them, will not deny us this awesome gift to football, unworthy that some of us (and you know who you are) may be.
Is Superman better than Marcus Dupree?

Voodoo, your comments reflect at least a tiny sense of reality as opposed to some of the other posters on here. However, I must say that you and everyone else do not realize that PR and Superman are something that only comes around every 100 years or so and, instead of rejoicing in it, some people try to bring irrelevant, and yes, irreverent, arguments into the discussion. The Football Gods, as you call them, will not deny us this awesome gift to football, unworthy though some of us (and you know who you are) may be.

First time poster here! I've been lurking in the shadows for a few months on the site. Obviously I'm a PR homer and I've been been drinking the Koolaid but Hinterland is very entertaining and he's had too much PR Koolaid.
I watch every PR game that I can. Our team has vulnerabilities and can be beaten by a good team with a good game plan.

Being as you're both drinking the same koolaid it was just a guess....

How do we get Hinter to answer?

Being as you're both drinking the same koolaid it was just a guess....

How do we get Hinter to answer?
Not sure. You are the experienced one between us. I'm just figuring out how this site even works.

BTW is there a way to PM someone if I don't have premium membership?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT