ADVERTISEMENT

What did we learn week 2??!?!???!!?

Facts. Truth hurt?
Why are you so grossly obsessed with college football on an Illinois HS football board? There is an occasional college post but it’s directly tied to Illinois kids playing in college. The pro thread is about, a local team.

Colorado is a program that won a nice game Saturday. While giving up 609 yards and 30 plus points. They aren’t Georgia or Bama or USC. They won’t win the PAC 12. They won’t contend. Let’s see what happens to them when they play a powerful team - TCU is in full rebuild mode. I’m happy you’re so excited but it’s misplaced on a high school football message board.

Why are you so grossly obsessed with college football on an Illinois HS football board? There is an occasional college post but it’s directly tied to Illinois kids playing in college. The pro thread is about, a local team.

Colorado is a program that won a nice game Saturday. While giving up 609 yards and 30 plus points. They aren’t Georgia or Bama or USC. They won’t win the PAC 12. They won’t contend. Let’s see what happens to them when they play a powerful team - TCU is in full rebuild mode. I’m happy you’re so excited but it’s misplaced on a high school football message board.
Speaking of grossly obsessed ... who named you message board lawyer? It was one thread and CU has players from Illinois on their roster. Plus, their offensive coordinator is the one and only Sean Lewis from Richards. Care to throw up their offensive stats or is that just planned ignoring?

Speaking of grossly obsessed ... who named you message board lawyer? It was one thread and CU has players from Illinois on their roster. Plus, their offensive coordinator is the one and only Sean Lewis from Richards. Care to throw up their offensive stats or is that just planned ignoring?
Don't pretend that you weren't attacking the entire board for some off hand comment from four months ago that Daddy Deion was overrated. I'm sure he's proud of you tho.

since it’s a thread I author I don’t like it when it gets hijacked.

565 Colorado 561 TCu total yards
Speaking of grossly obsessed ... who named you message board lawyer? It was one thread and CU has players from Illinois on their roster. Plus, their offensive coordinator is the one and only Sean Lewis from Richards. Care to throw up their offensive stats or is that just planned igno

CG, PR and Huntley are 2-0 but which will run the FVC? Still very early but my money is on PR. I don’t think CG is back to form and I’m feeling a tease. Huntley, meh. Don’t count out South. Lots to play still.
Using data from the first two weeks and a forecasting method called "exponential smoothing", this is a best guess of what the standings will look like at the end of the regular season.

Prairie Ridge 9-0
Jacobs 8-1
Cary-Grove 7-2
Huntley 6-3
Burlington Central 5-4
Crystal Lake Central 4-5
Hampshire 3-6
Crystal Lake South 2-7
McHenry 1-8
Dundee-Crown 0-9

I'm thinking Crystal Lake South might do better than this forecast, but it is still probably at best 50/50 whether or not they make the playoffs.

Based once again on exponential smoothing, the following list displays how many points worse than Prairie Ridge each of the other teams are.

Prairie Ridge - 0.0
Jacobs - 3.4
Cary-Grove - 11.8
Huntley - 12.2
Burlington Central - 13.6
Crystal Lake Central - 17.2
Hampshire - 18.6
Crystal Lake South - 21.6
McHenry - 42.6
Dundee-Crown - 45.0

Having made some minor adjustments for home field and other factors, here are point spreads for this week's games.

Cary-Grove by 31 points over McHenry
Crystal Lake Central by 28 points over Dundee-Crown
Prairie Ridge by 17-1/2 points over Hampshire
Jacobs by 7 points over Huntley
Burlington Central by 6 points over Crystal Lake South [This game is important for both teams' playoff hopes.]

At this early point in the season, the only things one can say with a high level of confidence regarding the playoffs is that Prairie Ridge and Jacobs will be in, and Dundee-Crown and McHenry will be out.

Using data from the first two weeks and a forecasting method called "exponential smoothing", this is a best guess of what the standings will look like at the end of the regular season.

Prairie Ridge 9-0
Jacobs 8-1
Cary-Grove 7-2
Huntley 6-3
Burlington Central 5-4
Crystal Lake Central 4-5
Hampshire 3-6
Crystal Lake South 2-7
McHenry 1-8
Dundee-Crown 0-9

I'm thinking Crystal Lake South might do better than this forecast, but it is still probably at best 50/50 whether or not they make the playoffs.

Based once again on exponential smoothing, the following list displays how many points worse than Prairie Ridge each of the other teams are.

Prairie Ridge - 0.0
Jacobs - 3.4
Cary-Grove - 11.8
Huntley - 12.2
Burlington Central - 13.6
Crystal Lake Central - 17.2
Hampshire - 18.6
Crystal Lake South - 21.6
McHenry - 42.6
Dundee-Crown - 45.0

Having made some minor adjustments for home field and other factors, here are point spreads for this week's games.

Cary-Grove by 31 points over McHenry
Crystal Lake Central by 28 points over Dundee-Crown
Prairie Ridge by 17-1/2 points over Hampshire
Jacobs by 7 points over Huntley
Burlington Central by 6 points over Crystal Lake South [This game is important for both teams' playoff hopes.]

At this early point in the season, the only things one can say with a high level of confidence regarding the playoffs is that Prairie Ridge and Jacobs will be in, and Dundee-Crown and McHenry will be out.
Interesting analysis. I’ll be curious to see if it plays out that way.

Do not count out Crystal Lake Central either to make some noise the rest of the way. Lost to Huntley & Cary-Grove by a combined 8 points with a chance to win both on the games last series.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT