ADVERTISEMENT

What did we learn week 5 ?!?!?

LakeCtyNewt

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2002
Oh what a great weekend of football this was. Each week it seems our game is getting more and more entertaining.

1 - That Warren-LZ lived up to the hype.
2 - That Warren is legit - probably should have made that as part of No. 1
3 - That a rivalry does till make a lopsided affair on paper better - see LWE-LWC
4 - That defense is just not in the playbook at Peoria
5 - That Reeters is proving to be a power in the CCL - but please bring back the traditional white helmets - please?
6 - That some traditional powers are already out of the playoff picture - Fremd is 0-5 smh.
7 - That after many years of 0-fer, Maine West looks to be headed to the playoffs - First time since 2002.
8 - That Lyons will get its first challenge this week hosting GBW,
9 - That the story at Marmion keeps getting more impressive - cadets are 5-0.
10 - That Johnsburg and Herscher are on a playoff collision course - both impressively 5-0.

Thems my thoughts. Looking forward to attending GBW-Lyons on Friday.

Oh what a great weekend of football this was. Each week it seems our game is getting more and more entertaining.

10 - That Johnsburg and Herscher are on a playoff collision course - both impressively 5-0.

Thems my thoughts. Looking forward to attending GBW-Lyons on Friday.

Not sure about that.. Morris and Dixon have been as impressive... and its possible Herscher ends up 3A North or 4A South

Reactions: Simon "GHOST' Riley
Not sure about that.. Morris and Dixon have been as impressive... and its possible Herscher ends up 3A North or 4A South

Perspective for now. Nice to see both teams having good seasons thus far

That forfeits continue in CPS & outside of a handful of teams they are a mess that needs to be addressed in the offseason.

Other 4A observation is Althoff was probably overhyped this year, not a top 5 team

I would take 4A South in a heart beat.. trade Morris, Johnsburg, Dixon, Coal City, Alleman, Raby for Rochester and Althoff

I would take 4A South in a heart beat.. trade Morris, Johnsburg, Dixon, Coal City, Alleman, Raby for Rochester and Althoff

4A North would indeed appear to have the preponderance of above average teams compared to the South bracket, but

1. If the last three years are any indication, 844 enrollment would put Morris in 5A;

2. The 4A North bracket come playoff time will be comparable to the 6A South bracket: The teams in these brackets will be playing to see who gets to lose to Rochester and Prairie Ridge, respectively, in the championship game. Whoever comes out of the 4A North bracket will not be able to deal with Rochester's passing game, and the 6A South bracket winner will not be able to handle Superman. If only ALL things in life were this cut and dried!!, and

3. Regarding Althoff: How deep is deep, Crusader?

4A North would indeed appear to have the preponderance of above average teams compared to the South bracket, but

1. If the last three years are any indication, 844 enrollment would put Morris in 5A;

2. The 4A North bracket come playoff time will be comparable to the 6A South bracket: The teams in these brackets will be playing to see who gets to lose to Rochester and Prairie Ridge, respectively, in the championship game. Whoever comes out of the 4A North bracket will not be able to deal with Rochester's passing game, and the 6A South bracket winner will not be able to handle Superman. If only ALL things in life were this cut and dried!!, and

Rochester is not a lock to beat the Crusaders. They won't face a tan as big all year.

Herscher can score some points too, bet I few other 4A norths can too.. don't UPS that trophy to Rochester quite yet

Rochester is not a lock to beat the Crusaders. They won't face a tan as big all year.

You know, I would have tended to at least consider your points made here if I had not watched the Centralia game. The Orphans, while decent, are no where near world beaters (and certainly not at Rochester's level), and they made Althoff look absolutely terrible! You have mentioned Althoff's size in another post I believe. Makes ABSOLUTELY no difference!!

if I had only seen that game, I'd 100 percent agree with you. This is a young team - they needed to get smacked and let's see how they recover. As is, nah - they are not beating Rochester now. In seven weeks if they grow as a team as I expect they will, roll the dice.

Thanks for the insight...all 6A teams North of I-80 can go ahead and solidify Thanksgiving weekend plans! #Superman is too much! It has been written... Montini, Naz, CG, Dekalb,Crete we wish you all luck until your chance to meet fate!! Good stuff...

Reactions: crusader_of_90
5 - That Reeters is proving to be a power in the CCL - but please bring back the traditional white helmets - please?

The word on the street after mass today was that the "edgy special" (all blue unis with the white helmets with red SR) as created by @MS4EVER @Cross Bones @Wittymoniker1 and now @LakeCtyNewt is under serious consideration as the uniform of choice for this week's game vs Loyola Academy.

Herscher can score some points too, bet I few other 4A norths can too.. don't UPS that trophy to Rochester quite yet

Herscher would struggle to score 14 against Raby. Raby will come out of the 4A north bracket ;) Dominating smothering aggressive speed defense in the Phillips mold.

I hope Herscher goes 4a south.

Centralia was damned tough - this was a nice learning experience for the Crusaders. They are not world beaters but they will go deep in 4A.

Tough game Friday but that is one nice football facility you guys have!

Herscher would struggle to score 14 against Raby. Raby will come out of the 4A north bracket ;) Dominating smothering aggressive speed defense in the Phillips mold.

The Phillips defense we had more than 500 yard of offense against despite their 1500 yd back out with an ankle issue????

And last year you said we wouldn't move the ball on them at all, game would be over by end of 1Q... now I should believe you about a Raby team has played nobody??

And last year you said we wouldn't move the ball on them at all, game would be over by end of 1Q... now I should believe you about a Raby team has played nobody??

Well yeah. They will beat you after all assuming you get that far.

What do Morris, Johnsburg, Dixon, Herscher and Coal City have in common??? They would all beat Raby

Reactions: Gene K.
based on them being a CPS team that was 2-7 last year and has played nobody this year

What do Morris, Johnsburg, Dixon, Herscher and Coal City have in common??? They would all beat Raby

Have you seen Raby? B
based on them being a CPS team that was 2-7 last year and has played nobody this year

First of all, what the hell does last year's 2-7 record have to do with anything? They allowed 57 points to Solorio last year and only six this week. Clearly, they have improved.

Have you seen them play? I'm guessing no. Dismissing them because of your reasons is pretty funny.

4A north is currently looking pretty deep with a handful of strong teams. Raby could be one of them.
However, I see no reason to put them definitively above any of the others. I think that's maybe what HHS is trying to say.

i don't think alleman is among the top teams in 4a this season. they might win the western big 6, but this year that's like being the skinniest kid at fat camp.

ADVERTISEMENT