ADVERTISEMENT

Upset Alert~Naz

Canes hold the Road Runners on 4th down. 1st and 10 Canes on their own 36. 4:47 left to play

not sure, I don't have NFHS.

Slow watered down grass field probably slowing down the Road Runners.

That makes it 34-19 HURRICANES...it's getting really windy at Harding field!

Sets up an interesting game next week. MCC at JCA.

Hilltoppers rolled. Johnson & Johnson shine. Micheal 5 TD's. Ke'von 2 TD's. 48-0 over Viator at the half.

Epic seems like this is one of the only games played tonight. Is anyone on naz hurt? They were beasts when I watched them last year. Very surprised w this one.

Epic seems like this is one of the only games played tonight. Is anyone on naz hurt? They were beasts when I watched them last year. Very surprised w this one.

They are a speed team, peisert is a plodder. That surface is not conducive to Nazareth's game. No way MCC was letting this game be called.

Congrats to former Hilltopper Mike Maloney on the big win.

Reactions: USD24
When Mike Maloney was named coach at MCC there was more than a few complaints from the Marian faithful. I am going to guess there will be no more complaints as to this hire. Likely candidates for coach of the week and Piesert for player of the week.

A plodder that went for over 10 yards a carry and 300 total?

Yes, a plodding runner is capable of running in the mud. He's 5-9 185. That's compact and stocky, and watching his running style he's not the same type of runner as the Naz backs. His self reported 40 time is 4.69. That's rather plodding. YPC doesn't mean he's fast, it means Naz couldn't tackle him.

If you look in the surrounding area, a ton of games ended up finishing. MCC won Friday night because they were better than NAZ on that night. No other reasons or excuses.

Never said they were not. But the field wasn't conducive to Nazareth's game. Pretty simple concept Newt.

All this talk of a wet and muddy surface not being conducive to a specific teams strength (speed) has my head spinning...

Their game seemed fine when they went up 19-0.

Oh, I was unaware the field stayed just as dry from the first quarter through the fourth. Only field in America that gets better as it gets wetter.

Seriously, if people are going to argue that a wet, muddy field is not a poor surface for a speed and finesse offense, I'm just going to check the box next to your name marked "Touched"

Things I am not disputing:

1. MCC Won the Game Because they are the better team
2. Nazareth got beat up
3. Water is wet

Silverhelmets is struggling with that last one...

Congrats to the canes! You made me wrong with my pre season prediction and I am fine with that! Don't forget there is still a long road ahead of you, but keep up the hard work and the success!

Reactions: epicbret
How was the officiating?

I know it's 'loser' talk blaming refs, Im not doing that, but MCC is notorious for having those shady refs in Woodstock.

keep in mind
1. I did not see the game.
2. it's hard to blame a 34-19 on officiating.

I am just curious on how the game was called.

Oh, I was unaware the field stayed just as dry from the first quarter through the fourth. Only field in America that gets better as it gets wetter.

Seriously, if people are going to argue that a wet, muddy field is not a poor surface for a speed and finesse offense, I'm just going to check the box next to your name marked "Touched"

Things I am not disputing:

1. MCC Won the Game Because they are the better team
2. Nazareth got beat up
3. Water is wet

Silverhelmets is struggling with that last one...
That is a tough concept. Water being wet didn't seemed to slow down the running back that gashed Naz for over 10 yards a carry. The elements are part of football in this state. Like you said, the better team tonight won.

That is a tough concept. Water being wet didn't seemed to slow down the running back that gashed Naz for over 10 yards a carry. The elements are part of football in this state.

Jesus dude. You won, congrats, but the kid is a style of runner that does better in the mud. He's low center of gravity and downhill. Nazareths backs are more speed and agility, something that is not easy to do in mud. If you aregoing to argue that, you are dumb. Love and Martin are faster than him. Time them all. Yes he's a dowhill runner, they are not. He was going to have a better night, and he did.

Edit: Just read this direct quote from MCC coach: "Circumstances and conditions helped us I thought because of their spread style. "

Nope weather didn't slow Naz...

Congrats to the Canes, next week will be interesting

Last edited:
Reactions: lkhammer57
Jesus dude. You won, congrats, but the kid is a style of runner that does better in the mud. He's low center of gravity and downhill. Nazareths backs are more speed and agility, something that is not easy to do in mud. If you aregoing to argue that, you are dumb. Love and Martin are faster than him. Time them all. Yes he's a dowhill runner, they are not. He was going to have a better night, and he did.
I don't have a dog in the fight. My team plays in the mud every home game. The play better on turf offensively but the defense finds a way to bottle up people in the mud.

I don't have a dog in the fight. My team plays in the mud every home game. The play better on turf offensively but the defense finds a way to bottle up people in the mud.
Your team would not have bottled up Peisert

So me saying a kid is a plodding mud runner is a slight, but he's nothing to GW. Okay... [x]

Refs were actually pretty decent mcc had 1 kid ejected and should have been 2. The muddy track changed the complexity ofnthe game which at ome time was 19-0 with Naz in full controll.

soo
Refs were actually pretty decent mcc had 1 kid ejected and should have been 2. The muddy track changed the complexity ofnthe game which at ome time was 19-0 with Naz in full controll.

thank you for the insight,

it sounds like it had that similiar feeling when Naz upset CCHS in 2006, but it seams this time Naz was on the other side of the coin.

First, hats off to the MCC players and the adjustment that MCC made during the Long rain delay after the first quarter. The second 3 quarters were a like a different game. I'm still perplexed by the call for no halftime or a break after the 3rd quarter. The momentum shifted and remained that way.

Second, WRT the refs, yes there were some interesting calls but honestly I've seen far worse over the years. Hey it's week 4 and if the team grows from this loss who cares as long as they are still playing in November. Have a feeling we will be seeing this team again.

Third, WRT the field, I have NO problem with a grass field that is constructed in a way to perform and that is maintained. The field at MCC was neither, the grass was long which I can certainly understand and live with but before the game was even started you could hardly see most of the OB lines, none of the Hash marks, and the yard markers were very light. If you don't have a field that can shed water with proper drainage for play and safety it should either be reengineered to do so or be replaced with turf. I've often said there are few schools who can truly afford to have a grass field...MCC it's time for turf, it's far more cost effective over the long haul and brings safety and playability across all your sports...this field is trashed for the remainder of the season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT