ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on Spring Football Schedule

ScottieKnows

Jul 2, 2014
Being the eternal optimist and going with the narrative that things will go on as planned this late winter/spring and the IHSA doesn't extend the season. What will the 9 weeks look like? 7 regular season with 2 post season? 6 regular and 3 post season? I know other states have multiple post season options. What post season options are there? Playoff? Bowl games? Regional brackets?

I think it could depend on whether they want to be "equal" with as many teams playing games, or if they want to crown a true state champion. If you go with full playoffs then you'll need to have a very short regular season. And that could mean some teams will end up playing less games then others...and with everything that has happened I wonder if that will be a factor. If you go with a playoff of everyone gets in, then you're talking a 4 game regular season?

I think they may go a districts route to play longer regular season and just crown district/regional champions

Being the eternal optimist and going with the narrative that things will go on as planned this late winter/spring and the IHSA doesn't extend the season. What will the 9 weeks look like? 7 regular season with 2 post season? 6 regular and 3 post season? I know other states have multiple post season options. What post season options are there? Playoff? Bowl games? Regional brackets?
Not to plug the EDGY Nation side but....lots of pretty revealing thoughts and insights on this over there....just saying.

EdgyTim800x300.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT