ADVERTISEMENT

WSC Week 1 Pick 'em

RD_Watcher

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2019
After several requests, I'll go ahead and continue the weekly WSC Prediction Thread. Each week on Monday (or early Tuesday morning), I will start the weekly thread – please be patient, as I do have a life/job/responsibility outside of HS football and this board 😉. Picks will be due before kickoff of the first game of the week. There are a few weeks with Thursday games. I will take picks currently posted in @Fishwater41 's thread for this week. All other weeks, only responses in the weekly thread will be recorded.

As was done in previous years, I will post a current standings and weekly winner on the previous week’s thread and start a new thread each week. I will also keep a running score throughout the 9 weeks of the regular season and announce an overall season winner. The more weeks you participate, the better your odds at winning the whole season. The defending champion is @MS4EVER who went 62-8 last year, with an 88.57% correct pick rate.

Weekly rankings are determined in the following order - Wins, Number of games Picked, Losses. So if you only pick 6 one week, you will always be behind someone who has picked 7 every week and has the same number of wins. In my opinion, more picks equates to more risk.

We will pick both Gold and Silver, which gives us 14 games to pick in Week 1, 12 games in Week 2, and 7 games in Weeks 3 – 9. That's a total of 75 games. All are welcome and encouraged to participate; here’s to a great season, safety to all players and fans, and good luck!

Wk 1 Aug 25, 26
Addison Trail @ Maine East
Morton @ Riverside-Brookfield
Hinsdale South vs. Wauconda
Downers Grove South vs. Wheaton North
Leyden vs. Highland Park
Proviso East vs. West Aurora
Willowbrook @ Niles Notre Dame
Downers Grove North @ St. Francis
York @ Glenbrook South
Glenbard West vs. Marist
Proviso West vs. TF North
Hinsdale Central vs Naperville Central
Lyons Township @ Prospect
Oak Park-River Forest @ Fenwick

Reactions: Anomalyout28
Addison Trail
Riverside-Brookfield
Wauconda
Wheaton North
Highland Park
West Aurora
Niles Notre Dame
St. Francis
York
Glenbard West
TF North
Naperville Central
Lyons Township
Fenwick

Reactions: RD_Watcher
Appreciate you doing this again RD!!
Addison Trail
Riverside-Brookfield
Wauconda
Wheaton North
Leyden
West Aurora
Niles Notre Dame
St. Francis
York
Marist
TF North
Hinsdale Central
Lyons Township
Fenwick

Addison Trail
Riverside-Brookfield
Hinsdale South
Wheaton North
Highland Park
West Aurora
Niles Notre Dame
Downers Grove North
York
Marist
TF North
Naperville Central
Lyons Township
Fenwick

Addison Trail
Morton
Wauconda
Wheaton North
Highland Park
. West Aurora
Niles Notre Dame
Downers Grove North
York
Glenbard West
TF North
Naperville Central
Lyons Township
Fenwick

Addison Trail
Riverside-Brookfield
Hinsdale South
Wheaton North
Highland Park
West Aurora
Niles Notre Dame
Downers Grove North
Glenbrook South
Marist
Proviso West
Naperville Central
Prospect
Fenwick

After several requests, I'll go ahead and continue the weekly WSC Prediction Thread. Each week on Monday (or early Tuesday morning), I will start the weekly thread – please be patient, as I do have a life/job/responsibility outside of HS football and this board 😉. Picks will be due before kickoff of the first game of the week. There are a few weeks with Thursday games. I will take picks currently posted in @Fishwater41 's thread for this week. All other weeks, only responses in the weekly thread will be recorded.

As was done in previous years, I will post a current standings and weekly winner on the previous week’s thread and start a new thread each week. I will also keep a running score throughout the 9 weeks of the regular season and announce an overall season winner. The more weeks you participate, the better your odds at winning the whole season. The defending champion is @MS4EVER who went 62-8 last year, with an 88.57% correct pick rate.

Weekly rankings are determined in the following order - Wins, Number of games Picked, Losses. So if you only pick 6 one week, you will always be behind someone who has picked 7 every week and has the same number of wins. In my opinion, more picks equates to more risk.

We will pick both Gold and Silver, which gives us 14 games to pick in Week 1, 12 games in Week 2, and 7 games in Weeks 3 – 9. That's a total of 75 games. All are welcome and encouraged to participate; here’s to a great season, safety to all players and fans, and good luck!

Wk 1 Aug 25, 26
Addison Trail @ Maine East
Morton @ Riverside-Brookfield
Hinsdale South vs. Wauconda
Downers Grove South vs. Wheaton North
Leyden vs. Highland Park
Proviso East vs. West Aurora
Willowbrook @ Niles Notre Dame
Downers Grove North @ St. Francis
York @ Glenbrook South
Glenbard West vs. Marist
Proviso West vs. TF North
Hinsdale Central vs Naperville Central
Lyons Township @ Prospect
Oak Park-River Forest @ Fenwick
Fenwick
Lyons
Nap Ctrl
TF North
GBW
York
DgN
Notre dame
W Aurora
Wheaton N
HP
Wauconda
RB
AT

Addison Trail
Riverside-Brookfield
Wauconda
Wheaton North
Highland Park
West Aurora
Niles Notre Dame
Downers Grove North
York
Glenbard West
Proviso West
Naperville Central
Prospect
Oak Park - River Forest

Maine East
Riverside-Brookfield
Wauconda
Wheaton North
Highland Park
West Aurora
Niles Notre Dame
St. Francis
Glenbrook South
Marist
TF North
Naperville Central
Lyons Township
Fenwick

Addison Trail
Riverside-Brookfield
Wauconda
Wheaton North
Highland Park
West Aurora
Niles Notre Dame
Downers Grove North
York
Marist
TF North
Naperville Central
Lyons Township
Fenwick

Maine East
Riverside-Brookfield
Wauconda
Wheaton North
Highland Park
West Aurora
Niles Notre Dame
St. Francis
York
Glenbard West
Proviso West
Naperville Central
Lyons Township
Fenwick

Copy of my other post:

Silver:

DGN
York
GW
TFN
NC
LT
Fenwick

Gold:

Maine East over AT
RB over Morton
HS over Wauconda
WN over DGS
HP over Leyden
West Aurora over PE
And the Warriors of Willowbrook over Notre Dame!

And so ends Week 1 in the WSC. Gold had a very rough week, with AT being the sole winner. That said, when you schedule quality out of conference opponents, that's the risk you take. Silver wise - the two teams perceived to be at the top of the conference showed they deserve the hype. DGN showed their preseason accolades may be deserved in beating St. Francis. LT, HC, and OPRF all took on quality opponents, demonstrating there is a lot of work still to do.

As to our little game - we had 16 competitors this week. That's two more than Week 1 2022. As a board, we went 163 - 61 for a 73% correct rate. The board was most correct on RB over Morton, WN over DGS, West Aurora over Proviso East, and NND over Willowbrook - all coming in at 93.75% correct rate. All had only 1 wrong prognosticator. The board was most wrong about Prospect beating LT, with only 3 correct picks for 18.75% correct.

Individually, LakeCtyNewt wins the week, and is the first Yellow Jersey wearer going into Week 2. Newt went 13 - 1, with LT being his only wrong pick. Right behind Newt were 4 others with 12 - 2 weeks. Bringing up the back of our illustrious pack is Cross-Bones at 7 - 7. Lot's of room for movement this year, as there are 12 games next week - 2 cross conference, 10 out of conference.

Season Standings are below:
1 - @LakeCtyNewt 13 - 1
T2 - @Fishwater41 12 - 2
T2 - @chiliconcarne 12 - 2
T2 - @Alexander32 12 -2
T2 - @WSC_FootballFan 12 - 2
T6 - @Panthers1211 11 - 3
T6 - @brucealmighy 11 - 3
T8 - @WBWarriorWatcher 10 - 4
T8 - @OPRF Illini 96 10 - 4
T8 - @mc140 10 - 4
T11 - @RD_Watcher 9 - 5