ADVERTISEMENT

this just in

So what happens if some school open 5/1 and others opt to hold out another week?

So what happens if some school open 5/1 and others opt to hold out another week?

There will be some type of acclimation period before playing. So if a school waits their teams also wait. My guess is will know by April 24th if were going back or school year is over. I'm leaning toward it is over. JB is gonna keep everything shutdown for as long as possible.

Like I’ve said before, there is no way with all of the drastic measures that are being taken right now, that they allow 25-30 kids to congregate in a classroom, or 200 kids to congregate in a school 3 weeks from now. As someone earlier in the thread alluded to, JB is playing this going to error on the side of extreme caution. Hate to be Gloomy Gus here, but I think it’s over as well. Terrible situation for these Seniors.

I believe it's over for the year. My daughter is a middle school teacher and they are being told it is more then likely over for the year. But you never know

I believe it's over for the year. My daughter is a middle school teacher and they are being told it is more then likely over for the year. But you never know

All signs point to that for sure. But with a senior son looking forward to his final season of competitive baseball, I am holding out hope - for him and all his teammates that have worked incredibly hard. It keeps me going during this time when we cant do anything.

I have a student-athlete daughter who is a senior. I am preparing myself for no more school/sports, no prom and maybe a mid to late summer modified graduation event. Realistically, anything more may violate risk vs reward principles. I have never hoped more to be wrong, however.

I feel horrible for the kids missing school and sports,which my son worked all winter for,but I believe baseball is for sure over and football is also in jeopardy to start Aug 1.

Reactions: Zebra
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT