ADVERTISEMENT

LB3 Doing that NIL

Glad I didn't know what you guys were talking about until now. To me Baby Gronk was that mountain of a kid that played at Loyola.

Reactions: EdgyTim
He has been off to a great start to the season.

Nice to see Malik Elzy get his first touchdown of the season. Some top WR talents coming out of the state.

• Love
Reactions: crusader_of_90
LB3 not slowing - in fact, he is catching stride.

Leads NCAA football in reception yards, second in catches, 6th in TDs - got SCREWED out of one with a spot yesterday too.

His QB set an SEC record for most passes without an INT and hit two receivers for 10-plus catches and three had 100 yards. LSU is the first real test next weekend in COMO in front of a sold-out house.

We shall see if this continues once they get into the heart of the SEC schedule.

LB3 not slowing - in fact, he is catching stride.

Leads NCAA football in reception yards, second in catches, 6th in TDs - got SCREWED out of one with a spot yesterday too.

His QB set an SEC record for most passes without an INT and hit two receivers for 10-plus catches and three had 100 yards. LSU is the first real test next weekend in COMO in front of a sold-out house.

We shall see if this continues once they get into the heart of the SEC schedule.
Been watching and am totally impressed. I am still saying he is the best receiver I have ever seen in HS football. He is a dude and I love seeing him doing what he is doing in College! Love it! Wish he played for USC with Caleb Williams but he is doing just fine at Mizzou. 😊

Been watching and am totally impressed. I am still saying he is the best receiver I have ever seen in HS football. He is a dude and I love seeing him doing what he is doing in College! Love it! Wish he played for USC with Caleb Williams but he is doing just fine at Mizzou. 😊
Brady Cook >> Caleb Williams 😉

Wish he would have went to Illinois. I know it was a pipe dream, but last year showed what Illinois can do when they actually have a little talent. LB3, Elzie, and Isaiah Williams could have been a great trio.

Reactions: all4theillini
Wish he would have went to Illinois. I know it was a pipe dream, but last year showed what Illinois can do when they actually have a little talent. LB3, Elzie, and Isaiah Williams could have been a great trio.
You’re joking right. LB3 was smart going to Mizzou. It’s certainly working out for him. I mean I get where you’re coming from but Illinois is and has been a joke for at least a decade maybe more. I can’t remember when they were relevant. Actually in this regard they are a lot like the Bears.

• Haha
Reactions: all4theillini
You’re joking right. LB3 was smart going to Mizzou. It’s certainly working out for him. I mean I get where you’re coming from but Illinois is and has been a joke for at least a decade maybe more. I can’t remember when they were relevant. Actually in this regard they are a lot like the Bears.
Hence the term pipe dream.

Reactions: RPG24
Lol
Caleb by a mile. Last year I didn’t like Cook but if he keeps getting LB3 the ball this year I will watch.
Oh for sure lol. Caleb is downright special. Cook has taken a giant leap this year. Mizzou has some dudes and turning Luther loose opens things up for their other playmakers and their QB is getting them the ball.

"With star slot man Dominic Lovett transferring to Georgia, Burden moved into the slot. And in new offensive coordinator Kirby Moore's attack, he has exploded. He has gained at least 96 receiving yards in every game, and projected over a 13-game schedule, he's on pace for 112 catches, 1,674 yards and 13 touchdowns. He's been quarterback Brady Cook's go-to guy, as responsible as anyone for Mizzou's offensive eruption over the last three games. Since a stolid 23-19 win over Middle Tennessee State in Week 2, the Tigers have beaten Kansas State, Memphis and Vanderbilt to move to 5-0 for the first time since 2013, and Cook has completed 73% of his passes for 364 yards per game. Burden in those three games: 28 catches for 431 yards and 3 scores. The Tigers host LSU on Saturday, and they're now in fierce competition with Tennessee and Kentucky for the role of Georgia's Biggest Challenger in the SEC East."

Totally agree. I get it. It’s OSU. Luther keep doing what he is doing and it won’t matter. No dis to Marvin because he is special but so is Luther. It’s only a matter of time before he is highly recognized! Keep the faith and only worry about what you’re doing on the field and all good things will come. 😊👍

Did you see him and Baby Gronk......good for Luther for sure but the whole Baby Gronk deal just makes me cringe
I watched him on TV have a tremendous first half in Mizzou loss to LSU.
Can't help but wonder if after season ends, he explores transfer opportunities to schools that have a solid chance of making the 12-team playoffs in 2024.
Next year, Missouri has SEC road games at Alabama, South Carolina, MIssissippi State & Texas A&M and SEC home games against Arkansas, Oklahoma,Auburn and Vanderbilt.
With the SEC dumping divisions and just having one gigantic standings (same with Big Ten and Big 12 & ACC), no way the Tigers make it out of SEC as top 3 team.
And with his talents, he clearly would be an asset on any of the juggernaut programs ... which also happen to likely have the biggest wheel barrels full of NIL cash to pass out.

LB#, despite being slowed last weekend during a win against #24 ranked Kentucky in which Mizzou had eight players making a reception, was named mid-season All-American. He remains number two in yards and 4th in catches.

LB#, despite being slowed last weekend during a win against #24 ranked Kentucky in which Mizzou had eight players making a reception, was named mid-season All-American. He remains number two in yards and 4th in catches.
Very impressive. He is getting better every time he touches the ball. Awesome to see.

Last week indeed was very strange after his brilliance the week before.
But in any case, from this side of the computer, it sure seems like the kid has transfer to a playoff-ready team that also has a stadium filled with NIL cash to distribute written all over him.
He's averaging 8 catches and 100 receiving yards per game.
The NCAA ranks receivers by yards rather than total catches. Of the top 12 players listed, Burden is the ONLY one who is not listed as a junior or senior ... guys who are eligible for the NFL draft next April.
And that top-12 list does not include Harrison from Ohio State who also will be draft-eligible in April.
So many transfer options ... so much money out there. Plus, next year, 12 reams make the playoffs. Figure 3 or 4 make it from the SEC, likely Alabama , Georgia, Texas, Oklahoma, or LSU.

I hope he stays put and puts MIZ-ZOU on the map. They are again ranked after beating KY.

Mookie is at home and we have a great chance to get 5-Star Wingo and 4-Star McClellan, both from STL. The five-star Edge from Lee's Summit committed to the Tigers.

Mizzou keeps them and they have some of the best WRs for several classes in a row. What if they talk Miles and Paris into coming back home?

(MM - I do not see happening. He is #2 at RT, hope he red-shirts. Will have some leave for the draft next year and he can have four years left.)

Who knows, maybe they get Iose to cross the river, making it easy for the family to see him play.

We had the same discussion last year and LB was just as obvious a candidate to transfer imo. I thought for sure he would head to UGA or USC this past offseason, but he doubled down on Missouri. The team is now 6-1 and ranked 20 overall…

The ship has sailed for him to transfer by his own choice imo. If he wanted a boatload of NIL dollars from somebody else, he woulda took it 6 months ago when the team was dogcrap.

Last edited:
  • Love
I see the point about Mizzou being much improved this year.
But THIS is the breakout year for Burden.
Last year, he was just an under-utilized guy (my opinion) on an ordinary team.
Now, every team in the SEC has to game-plan for his receiving skills.
After QB, wideout is now the key skill position on offense.
The coolest thing, obviously, is for the St.L area stars to stay "home" so to speak and elevate the Tigers into being a prime-time attraction. Brady Cook obviously fits that description too. I am not in love with his QB play yet. Maybe he'll break out in the Georgia game.

• Love
LB3 had 90 yards today. Sitting third in the nation, 52 yards behind his SEC / LSU brethren Malik Nabers.

Crusader
I like they are getting him the ball more. It’s impressive to see what he doing as a sophomore. He’s going to get better and better. How many years does Cook have left? Who is the 2nd string QB? If Cook is a senior I hope they have someone with talent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT