ADVERTISEMENT

The World Famous CCL-ESCC Predictions 2023 Week 11

ignazio

Oct 25, 2007
Three Knights, two Hawks and two Warriors, one of them Golden, walk into the second round, one says to the other: Spreads from 12-35, 47° Friday night, 59° Saturday, has Gambletron ever played in the cold?
Prep Bowl:
DePaul @ Marist (Thursday)
RedHawks 45 Rams 14
Heights @ SP
Shamrocks 34 Spartans 30
DLS @ ND
Dons 31 Meteors 14
SR gets a bye.
3A:
#6 Lombard (Montini) (7-3) at #14 Fairbury (Prairie Central) (6-4), Sat., Nov. 4, 2:00 pm
Broncos 35 Hawks 14
4A:
#4 West Chicago (Wheaton Academy) (9-1) vs. #12 Arlington Heights (St. Viator) (6-4) at Forrest View, Fri., Nov. 3, 7:00 pm
Lions 35 Warriors 21
#7 Elmhurst (IC Catholic) (8-2) at #2 Rockford (Boylan Catholic) (9-1), Sat., Nov. 4, 2:00 pm
Knights 40 Titans 20
#3 Dixon (H.S.) (9-1) at #11 Burbank (St. Laurence) (7-3), Sat., Nov. 4, 1:00 pm
Vikings 44 Dukes 10
5A:
#8 Wheaton (St. Francis) (8-2) at #16 Sterling (H.S.) (5-5), Sat., Nov. 4, 5:00 pm
Spartans 42 Golden Warriors 14
#7 Glen Ellyn (Glenbard South) (9-1) at #15 LaGrange Park (Nazareth Academy) (5-5), Sat., Nov. 4, 1:00 pm
Roadrunners 44 Raiders 12
#6 Mundelein (Carmel) (9-1) at #3 Antioch (10-0), Sat., Nov. 4, 1:00 pm
Corsairs 38 Sequoits 26
#13 Troy (Triad) (7-3) at #12 Joliet (Catholic Academy) (7-3), Sat., Nov. 4, 1:00 pm
Hilltoppers 42 Knights 6
#15 New Lenox (Providence Catholic) (6-4) at #10 Country Club Hills (Hillcrest) (7-3), Sat., Nov. 4, 1:00 pm
Celtics 40 Hawks 8
7A:
#11 Mt. Prospect (Prospect) (8-2) at #6 Chicago (Mt. Carmel) (9-1), Fri., Nov. 3, 7:00 pm
Caravan 47 Knights 13
8A:
#16 Naperville (Neuqua Valley) (7-3) at #1 Wilmette (Loyola Academy) (10-0), Sat., Nov. 4, 1:00 pm
Ramblers 42 Wildcats 7
#8 Huntley (9-1) at #24 Chicago (St. Ignatius) (7-3), Fri., Nov. 3, 7:00 pm
Wolfpack 36 Red Raiders 14

Edit: added the Prep Bowl playoffs.

Last edited:
Reactions: eireog
Interesting that Gambletron has every CCL team favored and the closest spread is the COM/Antioch game at 12.

Reactions: Alexander32
I have a feeling that folks are going to be fired up at Catholic football after this weekend...

3A:
Montini 38 Prairie Central 16 (M-21): I still cannot get over Montini being in 3A.

4A:
St. Viator 31 Wheaton Academy 28 (WA +14):
When Viator gets a plaque for going to the Quarters, The ESCC/CCL better start working to get all 24 teams in the playoffs.
Immaculate Conception 37 Rockford Boylen 24 (B +20): What a rough draw for Boylen who is a good team, but the Insane Clown Posse are just too much
St. Laurence 45 Dixon 7 (SL -34): Saint Laurence will beat the Dix...you get the joke!

5A:
St. Francis 37 Sterling 7 (SF -28):
A rare non con playoff rematch. It won't be any different than the first time.
Nazareth 38 Glenbard South 13 (GBS +32): Naz is Frankenstein!
Carmel 34 Antioch 25 (A +12): This is the Buffoon's GOTW in that this is a real rivalry way up in the boonies. Polar opposite people. This will be a game into the 4th quarter.
Joliet Catholic 49 Triad 0 (JCA -36): "Oh Troy (Triad), I'm so sorry!"
Providence 35 Hillcrest 14 (H +32): Provi takes care of the Country Clubbers

7A:
Mount Carmel 49 Prosect 21 (P +34):
Prospect is a good team and program. Thank you for entering the contest!

8A:
Loyola 38 Nequa Valley 14 (NV +35):
Loyola doesn't cover only because the only point they have to prove comes the Saturday after Thanksgiving
Saint Ignatius 42 Huntley 14 (SI -24): Huntley not blowing the doors off of Niles West is all I need to know about them.

Another fun weekend ahead. Think I am going to head to Iggy from the Loop post-work on Friday for some playoff football. Looking forward to it--love that little stadium. Maybe a pregame meal at Tuscany on Taylor...a delightful Friday evening.

Montini -21 vs Prairie Central...Fairbury has a population of 3,757 and is very much a "gas station and DQ" type of town. Montini playing schools like this just seems a bit off. Broncos in a blowout.

WA +14 vs Viator
IC -20 vs Boylan
StL -34 vs Dixon

WSF -28 vs Sterling
Naz -32 vs GBS
CoM -12 vs Antioch
JCA -36 vs Troy
Hillcrest +32 vs Provi

MC -34 vs Prospect

Neuqua Valley +35 vs LA
Iggy -24 vs Huntley

I have a feeling that folks are going to be fired up at Catholic football after this weekend...

3A:
Montini 38 Prairie Central 16 (M-21): I still cannot get over Montini being in 3A.

4A:
When Viator gets a plaque for going to the Quarters, The ESCC/CCL better start working to get all 24 teams in the playoffs.
Immaculate Conception 37 Rockford Boylen 24 (B +20): What a rough draw for Boylen who is a good team, but the Insane Clown Posse are just too much
St. Laurence 45 Dixon 7 (SL -34): Saint Laurence will beat the Dix...you get the joke!

5A:
Carmel 34 Antioch 25 (A +12): This is the Buffoon's GOTW in that this is a real rivalry way up in the boonies. Polar opposite people. This will be a game into the 4th quarter.

7A:

8A:
Loyola doesn't cover only because the only point they have to prove comes the Saturday after Thanksgiving
Saint Ignatius 42 Huntley 14 (SI -24): Huntley not blowing the doors off of Niles West is all I need to know about them.
What do you base this prediction on? Could it be that it's a rough draw for IC? 🤔

Interesting that Gambletron has every CCL team favored and the closest spread is the COM/Antioch game at 12.
Cal preps has Carmel winning by 20 with an 88 pct. Chance of victory. I have watched both teams play on computer and Carmel minus-20 is about right.
35-14.
Antioch plays in an 8 team league and 6 of the schools have been around for every year of playoff football.
The 8 teams total combined have made zero appearances in state championship games.
Even the unheralded Central Suburban North has had teams play in title games.
The league simply can’t compete with teams such as from the Catholic Zlwague/East suburban Catholic.

Reactions: scrapper329
Cal preps has Carmel winning by 20 with an 88 pct. Chance of victory. I have watched both teams play on computer and Carmel minus-20 is about right.
35-14.
Antioch plays in an 8 team league and 6 of the schools have been around for every year of playoff football.
The 8 teams total combined have made zero appearances in state championship games.
Even the unheralded Central Suburban North has had teams play in title games.
The league simply can’t compete with teams such as from the Catholic Zlwague/East suburban Catholic.
I like Carmel’s chances.

Reactions: rjjtwest
What do you base this prediction on? Could it be that it's a rough draw for IC? 🤔
Yeah

Another fun weekend ahead. Think I am going to head to Iggy from the Loop post-work on Friday for some playoff football. Looking forward to it--love that little stadium. Maybe a pregame meal at Tuscany on Taylor...a delightful Friday evening.

Montini -21 vs Prairie Central...Fairbury has a population of 3,757 and is very much a "gas station and DQ" type of town. Montini playing schools like this just seems a bit off. Broncos in a blowout.

WA +14 vs Viator
IC -20 vs Boylan
StL -34 vs Dixon

WSF -28 vs Sterling
Naz -32 vs GBS
CoM -12 vs Antioch
JCA -36 vs Troy
Hillcrest +32 vs Provi

MC -34 vs Prospect

Neuqua Valley +35 vs LA
Iggy -24 vs Huntley

3A:

4A:

5A:

7A:

8A:
GentleFan and GentleBuffoon, make sure to add the Prep Bowl Games by Thursday for those 3 available points.

Reactions: ignazio
Three Knights, two Hawks and two Warriors, one of them Golden, walk into the second round, one says to the other: Spreads from 12-35, 47° Friday night, 59° Saturday, has Gambletron ever played in the cold?
Prep Bowl:
RedHawks 45 Rams 14
Heights @ SP
Shamrocks 34 Spartans 30
DLS @ ND
Dons 31 Meteors 14
SR gets a bye.
3A:
#6 Lombard (Montini) (7-3) at #14 Fairbury (Prairie Central) (6-4), Sat., Nov. 4, 2:00 pm
Broncos 35 Hawks 14
4A:
#4 West Chicago (Wheaton Academy) (9-1) vs. #12 Arlington Heights (St. Viator) (6-4) at Forrest View, Fri., Nov. 3, 7:00 pm
Lions 35 Warriors 21
#7 Elmhurst (IC Catholic) (8-2) at #2 Rockford (Boylan Catholic) (9-1), Sat., Nov. 4, 2:00 pm
Knights 40 Titans 20
#3 Dixon (H.S.) (9-1) at #11 Burbank (St. Laurence) (7-3), Sat., Nov. 4, 1:00 pm
Vikings 44 Dukes 10
5A:
#8 Wheaton (St. Francis) (8-2) at #16 Sterling (H.S.) (5-5), Sat., Nov. 4, 5:00 pm
Spartans 42 Golden Warriors 14
#7 Glen Ellyn (Glenbard South) (9-1) at #15 LaGrange Park (Nazareth Academy) (5-5), Sat., Nov. 4, 1:00 pm
Roadrunners 44 Raiders 12
#6 Mundelein (Carmel) (9-1) at #3 Antioch (10-0), Sat., Nov. 4, 1:00 pm
Corsairs 38 Sequoits 26
#13 Troy (Triad) (7-3) at #12 Joliet (Catholic Academy) (7-3), Sat., Nov. 4, 1:00 pm
Hilltoppers 42 Knights 6
#15 New Lenox (Providence Catholic) (6-4) at #10 Country Club Hills (Hillcrest) (7-3), Sat., Nov. 4, 1:00 pm
Celtics 40 Hawks 8
7A:
#11 Mt. Prospect (Prospect) (8-2) at #6 Chicago (Mt. Carmel) (9-1), Fri., Nov. 3, 7:00 pm
Caravan 47 Knights 13
8A:
#16 Naperville (Neuqua Valley) (7-3) at #1 Wilmette (Loyola Academy) (10-0), Sat., Nov. 4, 1:00 pm
Ramblers 42 Wildcats 7
#8 Huntley (9-1) at #24 Chicago (St. Ignatius) (7-3), Fri., Nov. 3, 7:00 pm
Wolfpack 36 Red Raiders 14

Edit: added the Prep Bowl playoffs.
Brother Rice not playing?

Saw it. Wasn’t touching it.

Please be advised this is a Pick’ em thread and a World Famous one at that. Let’s stay on task members and guests.
I didn't want to waste a thread just for that.I'm the biggest Prep Bowl fan & was just trying to keep track of who was/wasn't playing in it.Sorry.I don't know the behind the scenes stuff

Trying for a bounce back week after an absolutely miserable performance last week. Maybe I should take the George Costanza approach and pick the opposite way of my initial impression.

DePaul +31
Marian of the Heights +4
DLS +7

Montini -21
WA +14
Boylan +20
STL -34
STF -28
GBS +32
CoM -12
Troy +36
Hillcrest +32
Prospect +34
NV +35
Huntley +24

3A:

4A:

5A:

7A:

8A:
Forgot to add the most important games of all: The Prep Bowl!

Marist 56 DePaul 10 (M -31): This won't be remotely entertaining or close

Saint Pat's 27 Marian Catholic 22 (SP -4): I hate that I'm doing this but it's such a long trip for Marian to make for a game that means very little. If this game was at a neutral site, I'd take the Spartans

De La Salle 20 Notre Dame 10 (D +17): Buffoon's "upset" of the week.

Depaul +31
Heights +4
Dons -15

MCHS -21
SV -14
IC -20
SL -34
SF -28
GBS +32
Carmel -12
JCA -36
Hillcrest +32
Prospect +34
NV +35
Huntley +22

DePaul + 31
Heights +4
DLS +17

Montini -21
Wheaton Acad +14 (Viator wins)
IC -20
StL -34
Wheaton StF -28
Naz -32
CoM -12
JCA -36
Providence -32
MC -34
Nequa +35 (LA wins)
Huntley +22 (Iggy wins)

Marist -31
MarCH +4
NND -17

Montini -21

StV -14
Boylan +20
StL -34

Sterling +28
GBS -32
Och +12
JCA -36
Hillcrest +32

MC -34

Nequa +35
Huntley +22

Gordon Tech
Marian Catholic
De La Salle

Montini
Wheaton Academy
Boylan Catholic
St. Laurence
St. Francis
Glenbard South
Carmel Catholic
Triad
Hillcrest
Prospect
Neuqua Valley
Huntley

Last edited:
Marist -31: This pick is strictly based on going against the board.

Marian of the Heights +4: Pats last few games seem like a defeated bunch.

DLS +17: NND wins a grinder but they need to keep that DLS speed in check.

Montini -21: 3A lol

Wheaton +14 I don’t know much about either team but the Wheaton area is having a great football year. That trend continues, they win outright.

Boylan +20: According to other threads on this board, IC’s stud TE was ejected last week. If true he shouldn’t play this weekend.

St Laurence -34

Sterling +28: SF wins, of course, but I’ve seen too many of their games end in tight wins or loses when they should have been comfy victories this year. Play calling and game management should get better as the season progresses but I’m going to gamble on that trend continuing vs an oddly familiar opponent.

GBS +32

Antioch +12: Carmel wins and I’m shocked myself that I’m taking Antioch to cover. This will be one of those games where the score makes it seem closer than it was. Carmel has the better squad but I don’t think they have that killer instinct YET to pull away and win big games by big margins. Antioch is a little more experienced, this is an area rivalry, and the ‘Och despises private schools. GOTW

Triad +36: JCA rolls but not by this much

Hillcrest +32: I think back to the DePaul/Provi game and I can’t see that team covering this number.

MC -34: get off the tracks

Nequa Valley +35

Huntley +22: They don’t see it every week but Huntley isn’t unfamiliar with Iggy’s offensive scheme. Both styles of play make me think Iggy won’t be able to pull away by more than 3 scores. However, if it was -20.5 I would be taking Iggy.

Dang 15 picks in Week 11?!

Marist
St. Pat's
ND

Montini
St. Viator
Boylan w/Pts IC wins
Dixon w/pts St. Laurence wins
St. Francis
GBS w/pts Naz wins
JCA
PC
MC
LA
St. Ignatius

Last edited:
The Rams are capable of staying within 31. Sheesh.
A second chance for the Shamrocks.
Meteors haven't folded tent yet.
Broncos will clobber them. Enrollment is an issue.
Warriors can cover.
Healthy Knights will cover this one.
I don't see the Vikes winning by 34.
What's a Golden Warrior? I'll take them to cover.
I think the Raiders can stay within 32.
Finally a spread we can work with - Corsairs.
I see the Knights sticking around, not getting blown out.
I envision the Celts discouraging the Country Clubbers.
34? Fine, I'll go with the Knights.
35? Fine, I'll go with the Wildcats.
22? Fine, I'll go with the Red Raiders.

DePaul
Heights
Meteor

Montini
Wheaton
IC
Vikes
Sterling
Roadrunner
CoM
JCA
Provi
MC
Nequa
Huntley

I’ll take Marist to cover tonight. I will make the rest of my picks tomorrow

Reactions: Jenny27

3A:

4A:

5A:

7A:

8A:

Starting off the week -1 since Marist didn't cover. It would have been even but I didn't put in a the DLS/ND game and I would have taken DLS with the points. Oh Well, here we go

Montini -21. I don't know who Prairie Central is but they have 4 loses so I'm guessing Montini can make this a 28 point win.

Cream of Wheaton Academy +14. Viator playing better of late but I'm thinking it ends here.

RB +20- I think they can keep it respectable

The Birth Place of Reagan (Dixon) +34. SL will win comfortably but not by 34.

St. Franny- 28- Should be no problem

GBS +32- 5-5 giving 32 to 9-1? Lock of the week? Naz wins but not by 32

Carmel -12. Great game here, Carmel by 14.

JCA -36- Never heard of Traid

Hillcrest +32- PC by 21

Prospect -34- MC wins comfortably but Prospect has a decent offense. MC won't keep starters in long if they get a comfortable lead.

NV +35. LA by 31

Huntley +24- 9-1 Huntley should be able to keep this to at least a 17-21 point loss

**Edit miss** I'll take MC of the Heights +4.

Last edited:
Week 11 recap:

The champs bounce back but the roses this week go to escc fan who said he's tracking for overall season immortality and to the fresh-faced 80's ram, both knocked down 12 out of 15 correct. MC and Prospect pushed so 14 points available this week.

Par was an even 9 this week and joining escc fan and 80s ram in gaining on the field were ref ref, STL, PJ, 3ow and McCar. McCar spotted us a couple of games this week by missing the two Thursday prep bowl affairs. It's becoming like an annual tradition now, McCar wins the whole thing but misses prep bowl games. Now as an associate operator of this World Famous pick'em, I admit we had the DLS ND game on the wrong night but nobody else missed the Thursday evening cut off, and if DLS Marty is your boy, drop him a text next year because I think you missed DLS by a timestamp last year also. MARTY!!!

In the running for the overall playoff prognosticator crown ref ref and escc fan have set the pace with 80s ram and Ignazio a length and a couple lengths behind respectively.

Without further ado, the Week 11 Scoreboard brought to us today by Wisconsin High School District 117:

namew10w11potottgpowpct
@ESCC fan
8​
12​
20​
28​
71.43%​
@80sRambler
7​
12​
19​
28​