ADVERTISEMENT

The Original Chicago Catholic League Thread - 2017 - Week Fourteen

ignazio

Oct 25, 2007
Well, here we are - Week 14 for the Chicago Catholic League. The Ramblers returned from Edwardsville with hypothermia and a win while the Wolfpack goose-egged the Friars, earning their first trip to the Prep Bowl in history. Wolves' last league title was in 1920, four years prior to Soldier Field opening.

Again, we'll have (On the) Rocks Soup set the Official Line for the games.

Prep Bowl:
Simeon (7-5) vs St Ignatius (10-3)
Fri 11/24 Gately Stadium 1 pm

8A:
(1) Frankfort (Lincoln-Way East) (13-0) vs (6) Wilmette (Loyola Academy) (12-1)
Sat 11/25 DeKalb (Huskie Stadium) 7 pm

Last edited:
Well, here we are - Week 14 for the Chicago Catholic League. The Ramblers returned from Edwardsville with hypothermia and a win while the Wolfpack goose-egged the Friars, earning their first trip to the Prep Bowl in history. Wolves' last league title was in 1920, four years prior to Soldier Field opening.

Prep Bowl:
Simeon (7-5) vs St Ignatius (10-2)

8A:

Ignatius is 10-3.

Reactions: ignazio

Prep Bowl:
Simeon (7-5) vs St Ignatius (10-3)

8A:
Finals week! Congratulations to all the teams playing Thanksgiving weekend. The 4-game gauntlet you had to persevere through is no joke. Play hard, play clean and leave it all on the field.

LWE 20 LA 14
LWE 22 LA 14
LA +7

Simeon 21 SICP 14
Simeon 21 SICP 19
SICP +4.5

This seems like LW's year, but I'm going to go with the Ramblers in a low scoring 20-14 game.

Simeon is not good, but neither is St Iggy. Toss up, but I'll give it to Iggy since they are a prep virgin

Crazy to think, but you can have a CPS state champ and Prep bowl champ and shut out the CCL.

This seems like LW's year, but I'm going to go with the Ramblers in a low scoring 20-14 game.

Simeon is not good, but neither is St Iggy. Toss up, but I'll give it to Iggy since they are a prep virgin

Crazy to think, but you can have a CPS state champ and Prep bowl champ and shut out the CCL.

Ignatius isn't good? They have 27 players, beat every single CCL green team except Montini this year and, not to mention, blew out all the teams except De.

Watch this team and you will see a physical brand of defense that punishes QB's.

Reactions: Gene K. and ignazio
Ignatius isn't good? They have 27 players, beat every single CCL green team except Montini this year and, not to mention, blew out all the teams except De.

Watch this team and you will see a physical brand of defense that punishes QB's.

As a Provi Dad, I didn’t think they were good at all. Quite honestly, I was surprised they did as well as they did.

Congrats on a great season.

Um, that doesn't say much for CCL green.

I saw Iggy play first hand. We were up 35-0 at half one week after "struggling" against CLC. We didn't beat Hampshire that bad.

Loyola not looking to set record for most runner ups - will win by 10. Simeon edges Iggy

Tough to call LWE/LA. If the LWE QB is healthy, I really like their chances. Also, have no idea the extent or status of LA's injuries.

I really hope LA pulls off the upset. I just think that this is LWE's year...similar to LA in 2015. LA is very young on the offensive side of the ball and has a bunch of injuries (Bullie, 3-4 starting O-linemen, WR Jones and Cabanban didn't play last week andf list goes on), but next guy up! LA is going to be a force next year!

Dean....the rumor is MWitt has commissioned one of Wilmette's finest jewelers to create a gaudy maroon and gold "A" Turnover Chain to help motivate the Academy's defense against the Griffins. Word is he's awaiting approval on a sideline pass to bestow it on the lucky Rambler defender who forces the first turnover. :cool:

Dean....the rumor is MWitt has commissioned one of Wilmette's finest jewelers to create a gaudy maroon and gold "A" Turnover Chain to help motivate the Academy's defense against the Griffins. Word is he's awaiting approval on a sideline pass to bestow it on the lucky Rambler defender who forces the first turnover. :cool:
It looks like if LA wins, ill win Edgy challenge. At that point I'm
My pick might be wishful thinking, looks like if LA wins ill win edgy challenge again

It looks like if LA wins, ill win Edgy challenge. At that point I'm

My pick might be wishful thinking, looks like if LA wins ill win edgy challenge again
I saw that. You need the Ramblers to win to be the first two-time winner of the Challenge. Looked like you had 7 of the 8 finalists. Even DustyofSelection has to be impressed with that.

I saw that. You need the Ramblers to win to be the first two-time winner of the Challenge. Looked like you had 7 of the 8 finalists. Even DustyofSelection has to be impressed with that.
If LA wins, I'm having a T shirt made.

I'll be taking LA and the points and expect history to be made with the Wolves taking home their first trophy in over 100 years.

Reactions: ballfan63
Finals week! Congratulations to all the teams playing Thanksgiving weekend. The 4-game gauntlet you had to persevere through is no joke. Play hard, play clean and leave it all on the field.

LWE 20 LA 14
LWE 22 LA 14
LA +7

Simeon 21 SICP 14
Simeon 21 SICP 19
SICP +4.5
Ignatius wins ATS

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT