ADVERTISEMENT

THE Chicago Catholic League Thread - 2018 - Week Five

ignazio

Oct 25, 2007
Welcome to Week Five of the regular season. Or, half-way to wrestling/hockey season for some.

In addition to making your predictions, we have a picture round.
DnTBWfMVAAErpt6.jpg

Pictured above is:
A. Marmion's Homecoming Bonfire
B. Loyola's post-season hopes
C. Fenwick's program
D. Mt. Carmel's passing record book
E. [Your answer]

Chicago Catholic League - Week Five

Hope(3-1) @ SL(2-2)

neutral field
[2018] Chicago Hope Academy (Chicago, IL) 31, [2018] St. Laurence (Burbank, IL) 21

TECH(0-4) @ Wheaton Academy(2-2)
neutral field
[2018] Wheaton Academy (West Chicago, IL) 44, [2018] DePaul College Prep (Chicago, IL) 0

Leo(1-3) @ SJ(0-4)
neutral field
[2018] Leo (Chicago, IL) 28, [2018] St. Joseph (Westchester, IL) 14

LA(2-2) @ SI(3-1)
neutral field
[2018] Loyola Academy (Wilmette, IL) 28, [2018] St. Ignatius (Chicago, IL) 7

MC(3-1) @ MA(2-2)
neutral field
[2018] Mount Carmel (Chicago, IL) 58, [2018] Marmion Academy (Aurora, IL) 0

F(1-3) @ DLS(2-2)
neutral field
[2018] De La Salle (Chicago, IL) 35, [2018] Fenwick (Oak Park, IL) 20

BR(4-0) @ PC(4-0)
neutral field
[2018] Brother Rice (Chicago, IL) 35, [2018] Providence Catholic (New Lenox, IL) 6

SR(1-3) @ MCHS(4-0)
neutral field
[2018] St. Rita (Chicago, IL) 21, [2018] Montini Catholic (Lombard, IL) 13

Last edited:
Reactions: Dual-triple_threat
Welcome to Week Five of the regular season. Or, half-way to wrestling/hockey season for some.

In addition to making your predictions, we have a picture round.
DnTBWfMVAAErpt6.jpg

Pictured above is:
A. Marmion's Homecoming Bonfire
B. Loyola's post-season hopes
C. Fenwick's program
D. Mt. Carmel's passing record book
E. [Your answer]

Chicago Catholic League - Week Five

Hope(4-0) @ SL(2-2)

neutral field
[2018] Chicago Hope Academy (Chicago, IL) 31, [2018] St. Laurence (Burbank, IL) 21

neutral field
[2018] Wheaton Academy (West Chicago, IL) 44, [2018] DePaul College Prep (Chicago, IL) 0

Leo(1-3) @ SJ(0-4)
neutral field
[2018] Leo (Chicago, IL) 28, [2018] St. Joseph (Westchester, IL) 14

LA(2-2) @ SI(3-1)
neutral field
[2018] Loyola Academy (Wilmette, IL) 28, [2018] St. Ignatius (Chicago, IL) 7

MC(3-1) @ MA(2-2)
neutral field
[2018] Mount Carmel (Chicago, IL) 58, [2018] Marmion Academy (Aurora, IL) 0

F(1-3) @ DLS(2-2)
neutral field
[2018] De La Salle (Chicago, IL) 35, [2018] Fenwick (Oak Park, IL) 20

BR(4-4) @ PC(4-0)
neutral field
[2018] Brother Rice (Chicago, IL) 35, [2018] Providence Catholic (New Lenox, IL) 6

SR(1-3) @ MCHS(4-0)
neutral field
[2018] St. Rita (Chicago, IL) 21, [2018] Montini Catholic (Lombard, IL) 13
BR lost 4 games last week? LOL
Ouch! BR 35-6 over PC! Kick in gut

Predictions forth coming

Photo -
E. Beth Long’s Ranking Gas Chamber

Reactions: IgorStL and ignazio
BR lost 4 games last week? LOL
Ouch! BR 35-6 over PC! Kick in gut

Predictions forth coming

Photo -
E. Beth Long’s Ranking Gas Chamber
And StL is a dog to a team that they clocked last year. I've been cautious with my Vikings, but I LOVE them catching 10 against Hope.
And, Rita is favored against Montini? There's got to be something wrong with the GambleTron 2000!
Photo-
E. My forehead after last Saturday's grammar school football games with neither hat not sunscreen.

Last edited:
Reactions: ignazio and Gene K.
Laurence will rout Hope as both programs are built on speed and Laurence has more. Home field adds a lot of points in that one.

So DLS had a real shoot v Rita, who moved the ball very well v Providence but shot themselves in the foot time and again.....so DLS, Rita and Providence are all on the same wave length...MC clocked DLS...MC beat Loyola tight at home, who was decimated (by their standards) by Rice on the road so obviously.....Providence over Rice....this CCL blue is mystifying...I think Provi, Loyola and Rice all end with one loss

Rita and Montini will determine which goes to playoffs and which goes to prep bowl.....unless they can beat Rice/Providence, which as I think I got to above, will be determined by home field.

Reactions: IgorStL
Here it goes....

StL over Hope 38-24. Young Vikes get it done

Wheaton over GT - score, who cares

Leo over Joe - 44-14

LA over StI 64-0 Poor poor Wolfpack, timing couldn’t be worse! Playing an extremely pissed off team

MC over MA - 49-7, Caravan 2nd team sees action

DLS over Friartucks - 56-10

Heart/soul pick - PC over BR 27-24
Mind/brain pick - BR over PC 34-21

SR over MCHS - Stangs are battle tested; Broncos actually playing a real team finally; wake up call for Lombard contingent. 27-21 SR

Reactions: ignazio
Montini over SR 21-7
BR over PC 27-6
St Cyril 35-7
St George over Weber 27-12

Last edited:
Gamble-Tron is giving Marmion 58 points? If Cadet cannot cover 58 points they deserve to be banished to the Metro.

Reactions: Gene K.
Does anyone know who is starting at QB for Rita? I noticed in the tweets that Sophomore QB threw a very late TD pass in the PC game. Is Hayden hurt?
I was told he did get hurt, not sure of the extent of it.

I think Montini wins. SR line is really struggling and if you toss in a Sophomore QB it could be a long debeut. It’s just isn’t Rita’s year, like Rice’s last year and MC the year before. I’m sure the Kuska hot seat talks will begin, but let’s just end those right now, he ain’t going anywhere

Last edited:
Reactions: IgorStL
I think Montini wins. SR line is really struggling and if you toss in a Sophomore QB it could be a long debeut. It’s just Rita’s year, like Rice’s last year and MC the year before. I’m sure the Kuska hot seat talks will begin, but let’s just end those right now, he ain’t going anywhere

If this is Rita's "down year," then the injury, while unfortunate, could get the tough, talented Soph QB some important reps.

I think Montini wins. SR line is really struggling and if you toss in a Sophomore QB it could be a long debeut. It’s just Rita’s year, like Rice’s last year and MC the year before. I’m sure the Kuska hot seat talks will begin, but let’s just end those right now, he ain’t going anywhere

I think at some point he goes public for a ten year or so run and the pension.

I believe the frosh QB is better than the soph but that is all 2nd hand knowledge. Have never seen either play.

I agree with this sentiment. TK will be staying. Let's see what the young QB can do. And I definitely think it has been the line play that's been hurting SR. I think next year they'll have more depth.

Reactions: RockSoup
Larry's over Hope: Hope has hope entering this game, but Larry's depth wins this game.

Wheaton Academy over DP: DePaul got on the board last week! Will they get on the board this week? Wheaton by a bunch.

Leo over Joe's: The Lions playoff hopes rely heavily on this game. They win comfortably.

Loyola over Iggy's: Ahh, the have's vs the have's. Loyola by 25.

Mount Carmel over Marmion: The Caravan start their 2 week long "bye week" with a trip out to the country of Aurora before the Providence match-up. Starters play a half.

DLS over Fenwick: Good to see the Friars avoid a season goose egg in the W column. That would have been tough sight for all. DLS by 28.

Rice over Provi:
Rice is a semi truck going down a steep slope covered in ice and they are bashing everyone in their way. They are beginning to take the form of a team that we may be discussing in regards to late November football. They win this game going away in the 2nd half.

Montini over Rita's: This is an absolute must win no and's if's or but's for Rita's and they will lose. When playoff's start in week 4 for a team, that usually means that they will be turning in their gear 2 days after their week 9 game. Montini wins by 2 scores and a field goal.

Reactions: Cat Box
StL 21-20

WhA 38-0

LEO 20-7

LA 24-6

MC 42-0

DLS 30-10

BR 14-7

MCHS 20-12

Hope(3-1) @ SL(2-2)
chicago-hope-s3-slide.jpg

sm5-1024x672.jpg

Leo(1-3) @ SJ(0-4)
LAX_Airport.jpg

LA(2-2) @ SI(3-1)
LAX_Airport.jpg

MC(3-1) @ MA(2-2)
csr7.jpg

F(1-3) @ DLS(2-2)

BR(4-0) @ PC(4-0)
screen-shot-2017-06-07-at-10-24-41-am.png

SR(1-3) @ MCHS(4-0)
ribisi.jpg

Last week's Kevin Bacons...
  1. ~1 Kevin Bacon
  2. ~1 Kevin Bacon
  3. ~1 Kevin Bacon
  4. ~1 Kevin Bacon
  5. ~3 Kevin Bacons
  6. ~1 Kevin Bacon
  7. ~3 Kevin Bacons

Reactions: ESCC Alum
I’ll give you one, may St. Liz forgive me. SR v MCHS. MCHS was named after Pope Paul VI.

Pope Paul VI pre-papal name was Giovanni Battista Montini.

The actor pictured is none other than Giovanni Ribisi. Confession: I had to ask my daughter.

Thus Liz is taking MCHS

StoneToad’s game-picking-format brilliance brings people together and makes them smile. Well, most people...

I’ll give you one, may St. Liz forgive me. SR v MCHS. MCHS was named after Pope Paul VI.

Pope Paul VI pre-papal name was Giovanni Battista Montini.

The actor pictured is none other than Giovanni Ribisi. Confession: I had to ask my daughter.

Thus Liz is taking MCHS

StoneToad’s game-picking-format brilliance brings people together and makes them smile. Well, most people...
Typically I glance at these but have very little idea about the references. Feeling inspired by your research, however, I've now deduced St. Liz is picking both Hope and Brother Rice - the rest will require much more research on my part. And yes, I find them amusing (even if i'm easily confused).

Thanks RockSoup! I'm a Montini fan and had no idea what the picture meant as to the Rita Montini game. Your daughter must be real smart. I've always pulled for Rita but not against Montini. Should be a good game.

Stone Lizard you have my respect and admiration for making all of us wonder the meaning of these pics. I can usually figure some of them out!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT