ADVERTISEMENT

The Autumn 2021 CCL/ESCC Prognostication Thread - Week XI

Not sure if go_rice's quote is showing, but I agree with his sentiment here. I think Rita is exactly where they should be--in the Green.

Goal for me is to make the playoffs--not go 4 - 5 or 3 - 6 and boast how many tough teams that I played.

And it seems Rita plays LA every year, so that's an extremely tough game added to the schedule. And when you add your all-time rival and all-time great program to your Week 1 "non-conference" game, it becomes more difficult.

LA @ NC
Not feeling real strong about this, certainly not 26 points strong. NC.

SE @ M
The enigma from Elgin is worrisome. Marist -7.

Batavia @ MC
Welcome to Whammyburger. Batavia -2.

BR @ Yorkville
Denny Hastert's Lazyboy +36.

SR @ Geneva
24 isn't enough with KB. This is where you pay the rent.

C-M @ SI
Giving 10? To D1 talent? C-M +10.

Rochelle @ SP
Don't make SP angry. SP -10.

F @ Boylan
F -30. Unless a punt is involved. Or a foul with a loss of down. Or a last-second kick.

Naz @ MA
Like a 4-star admiral. MA +5.

WA @ JC
Warriors +27. Pure hunch.

. . . . and I almost forgot, Rita also scheduled JCA in their "non-conference" schedule--another all-time great program in Illinois.

Point is: stay in the Green and see fit where to schedule a "tomato can" or a very good team. And if changes occur, I would hope Rita would be in a division similar to the one they are a part of now.

Now, let's do this!

Reactions: Gene K. and USD24
. . . . and I almost forgot, Rita also scheduled JCA in their "non-conference" schedule--another all-time great program in Illinois.

Point is: stay in the Green and see fit where to schedule a "tomato can" or a very good team. And if changes occur, I would hope Rita would be in a division similar to the one they are a part of now.

Now, let's do this!
But JCA declined to renew that contract.

• Wow
Reactions: chiliconcarne
I'll be honest, if Rita stays in the Green and can continue this momentum of having very good teams who could compete with most everyone, I am OK with scheduling a two-year commitment with certain powerhouses.

Let's start a trend here:

JCA: 2018/19
MC: 2021/22
Swagger: 2023/24
Warren: 2025/26

Now, let's do this!

Fenwick was there before Providence. The fans want to see 9 weeks of gladiator matches. The guys running the league want to see all those matches in the state finals.
If I remember right, throughout the mid 2000s the Blue was MC, SR, LA, PC, BR, and then Fenwick and DLS took turns being the doormat. Both wanted in the lesser division for obvious reasons and after they both took their turn as the punching bag, both basically balked, leading to the much wiser choice of making it a 5 team division.

and unless things change at PC, they don’t belong in with that grouping right now at all.

CCL really needed the ESCC and especially Marist to help them out. Will be interested to see new additions to the league and what that does to divisions.

That Joliet roster had at least 65 players on it…..”4A”
How many kids saw the field total for JCA 35 at best. I'll bet no more than 35 saw the field for Rice. Morton has 8170 students, Waukegan 4562, and Stevenson 4266. I don't think Rita is afraid of anyone's size, nor is anyone else in the your CCL league.

And towards the end of that run almost all of the coaches expressed a desire to see that division end. You could be the a top 25 team in the State and go 0-5 in that division and miss the playoffs while a team in a weaker division skates by to the playoffs. This season Marist was 0-3 in the Blue and 6-3 overall against a good schedule. Getting those 5 schools to agree to go into a division together again would be hard enough, finding a 6th team to join them would be almost impossible
What about ranking teams 1 through 18 and having a snake process to decide divisions. This way there is less punishment for being good and the divisions are essentially even top to bottom. Also do that for the bottom 12.

IDK. In the past MC,SR, PC, BR,LA were all in the blue together.
What about ranking teams 1 through 18 and having a snake process to decide divisions. This way there is less punishment for being good and the divisions are essentially even top to bottom. Also do that for the bottom 12.
That’s basically the intent of the current plan. But two problems, it’s currently a two year cycle of results and a top heavy 5, and a real developmental bottom 5 or 6 so to eliminate say 18 v 1 crossovers 7, 8, and 9 would have to pick those games up while 10, 11 and 12 get the developmental half in crossovers.

The snake promotion/demotion while strong in theory is still hard to do due to the magnitudes of ability by the different programs are neither linear or evenly distributed so someone’s always going to perceive being screwed. It’s a tough question.

Reactions: crusaderpride
Loyola wins but take Naperville Central points
Right now Loyola is in cruise control.

Marist should beat South Elgin not sure on the points

Mount Carmel wins but it won’t be a cake walk - Batavia is a legit contender for the finals.
Mount Carmel got one of the toughest paths to the finals.

Brother Rice won the lotto last week on their two point conversion .... and keep the pedal to the floor. But 36 is a lot of points. Take Yorkville +36

St. Rita wins but take Geneva and the points.
How many touches does Brown get or do they use him as a decoy?

To win St. Ignatius needs to play flawless take Crete-Monee and 10 points but Iggy wins by a FG

St. Pat’s wins vs Rochelle the 10 points is a push.
An also ran in the conference got a good draw for three weeks

Fenwick wins but take Boylan and the points
The Friars are on the up side.

Nazareth over Marmion in a toss up
If this is a shootout Naz wins big. If this is a close game Marmion will win.

JCA over Wheaton Academy but take Wheaton and the points.

That’s basically the intent of the current plan. But two problems, it’s currently a two year cycle of results and a top heavy 5, and a real developmental bottom 5 or 6 so to eliminate say 18 v 1 crossovers 7, 8, and 9 would have to pick those games up while 10, 11 and 12 get the developmental half in crossovers.

The snake promotion/demotion while strong in theory is still hard to do due to the magnitudes of ability by the different programs are neither linear or evenly distributed so someone’s always going to perceive being screwed. It’s a tough question.
That would be for division selection. The crossovers would be more of an equal crossover. This thought is with the 30 team approach too which may not happen.

LA 34 NC 10 easy peasy

Marist 31 Elgin 14 Order the Nancy’s stuffed Pizza at half time, ready for pick up at games end.

MC 28 Batavia 21 - MC wants BR - don’t look past Batavia

BR 38 Yorkville 27- forget the 2 point conversions

SR 35 Geneva 17 - Run Kaleb run

St. Ignatius 27 Crete-Monee 24 close one slide rule kings win this one

St. Patrick 31, Rochelle 17 games are getting tougher

Fenwick 35 Boylan 28 Should be a very good game

Nazareth Academy 35 Marmion Academy 24 one more domino falls

JCA 55 Wheaton Academy 17 - JCA may never punt, who scores more this week JCA or ESL
I just came to say Beggars or Aurelio’s is kinda better than Nancy’s. Also can’t forget Lou’s!

Reactions: UlbKA91
He’s a Batavia guy/fan/supporter. Usually a good dude. He seems uptight today.
That's what she said..

Sometimes the private/public thing just annoys the poo out of me almost as much as woke baby boomers whom I consider a scourge, and I have to put my dog down tomorrow.. So there, yes a little up tight, more anxious about tonight's game than anything else..

• Sad
Reactions: ignazio and Gene K.
That's what she said..

Sometimes the private/public thing just annoys the poo out of me almost as much as woke baby boomers whom I consider a scourge, and I have to put my dog down tomorrow.. So there, yes a little up tight, more anxious about tonight's game than anything else..
When Batavia has the ball on third down, expect music to roar. All of the BR supporters at the BR vs. MC game screamed for the music to be turned down. Coaches were yelling on the field. There was no change. MC does a fantastic job of establishing a home-field advantage. The atmosphere at the game tonight will be incredible. I can't wait to see it.

Reactions: crusaderpride
That's what she said..

Sorry about your dog. That's really tough.

Reactions: Gene K.
I like
Loyola over Naperville Central
I feel in 8A Loyola will only lose if they beat themselves.

Marist over South Elgin close but not that close

Mount Carmel over Batavia because I would like to see a rematch with Brother Rice, but it will be close

Brother Rice over Yorkville but 36 is way too many points in game

St. Rita over Geneva - as long it is one point or more don’t care and hoping no one gets hurt on either team.

St. Ignatius in a close one over Crete-Monee.

St. Pat’s over Rochelle in a close one.

Fenwick Over Boylan.

Marmion over Nazareth

JCA over Wheaton Academy by a lot

When Batavia has the ball on third down, expect music to roar. All of the BR supporters at the BR vs. MC game screamed for the music to be turned down. Coaches were yelling on the field. There was no change. MC does a fantastic job of establishing a home-field advantage. The atmosphere at the game tonight will be incredible. I can't wait to see it.
The state playoffs are a different animal when it comes to game management. Hopefully the AD from MC addresses this as a 15 yard penalty can be called on this and the yardage is not the worst part. I believe it is a UNS against the head coach. Two of those and he is ejected....again I beleive.

Whatever it takes I guess... Hopefully soph QB is up to the challenge.. He's really improved game to game and as had a really nice season..

If it's too loud you're too old..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT