ADVERTISEMENT

The Autumn 2021 CCL/ESCC Prognostication Thread - Week VIII

ignazio

Oct 25, 2007
What happens if Marist goes up by two scores and wants to kneel it out? Will it be a sign of respect or racist?

BR @ Marian, Heights
neutral field
[2021] Brother Rice (Chicago, IL) 58, [2021] Marian Catholic (Chicago Heights, IL) 13

M @ CoM
neutral field
[2021] Marist (Chicago, IL) 50, [2021] Carmel (Mundelein, IL) 6

MC @ SV
neutral field
[2021] Mount Carmel (Chicago, IL) 42, [2021] St. Viator (Arlington Heights, IL) 6

LA @ SP
neutral field
[2021] Loyola Academy (Wilmette, IL) 48, [2021] St. Patrick (Chicago, IL) 3

PC @ SR
neutral field
[2021] St. Rita (Chicago, IL) 28, [2021] Providence Catholic (New Lenox, IL) 7

MCHS @ Naz
neutral field
[2021] Nazareth Academy (LaGrange Park, IL) 24, [2021] Montini Catholic (Lombard, IL) 14

JC @ BA
neutral field
[2021] Joliet Catholic Academy (Joliet, IL) 41, [2021] Benet Academy (Lisle, IL) 8

SL @ ND
neutral field
[2021] St. Laurence (Burbank, IL) 20, [2021] Notre Dame (Niles, IL) 19

SI @ DP
neutral field
[2021] St. Ignatius (Chicago, IL) 48, [2021] DePaul College Prep (Chicago, IL) 3

MA @ Leo
neutral field
[2021] Marmion Academy (Aurora, IL) 38, [2021] Leo (Chicago, IL) 7

F @ Marian, Sticks
neutral field
[2021] Fenwick (Oak Park, IL) 42, [2021] Marian Central Catholic (Woodstock, IL) 17

DLS @ Hope
neutral field
[2021] De La Salle (Chicago, IL) 27, [2021] Chicago Hope Academy (Chicago, IL) 21

Brother Rice 49 Marian of the Heights 0: The Crusaders are definitely looking ahead to next week.

Marist 45 Carmel 7: Marist is definitely looking ahead to next week

Mount Carmel 49 Saint Viator 7: The Caravan are prepping for next week

Loyola 56 Saint Pat's 13: Loyola is prepping for next week

The Blue Division should not be playing Red and Purple Divisions!

Saint Rita 34 Providence 13: Not much of a sweat broken for the Ponies.

Nazareth 42 Montini 20: Where was this game 4 years ago?

Joliet Catholic 49 Benet 14: The JCA machine keeps on humming

Saint Laurence 17 Notre Dame 14: A competitive matchup! Going with Larry's in that they need to win to keep playoff hopes alive.

Saint Ignatius 42 Gordon Tech 0: Talk about a tune up game for Iggy's their week 9 clash

Marmion 44 Leo 6: Nothing to see here

Fenwick 49 Marian of the Sticks 12: Easy peasy for the Friars.

Hope 34 De La Salle 31: De La Salle down bad after last week.

Reactions: ignazio
If you add up all the spreads this week, I think you'll have the highest number of any other week. NINE 20+ point spreads. Woof. But like betting Alabama vs [insert FCS school], there's value to be had!

Brother Rice -45 vs Marian Catholic
Marist -44 vs Carmel
Viator +36 vs Mount Carmel
St. Patrick +45 vs Loyola

Providence +21 vs Rita
Naz -10 vs Montini
JCA -33 vs Benet
St. Laurence -1 vs ND

Iggy -45 vs DePaul
Marmion -31 vs Leo
MCC +25 vs Fenwick
DLS -6 vs Hope

any insight ? are both teams healthy ?
I know Montini lost Florio #1. Naz obviously has no Morris but they’ve been pretty banged up all year, I see a bunch of guys in street clothes and a bunch on the table weekly. Their offensive skill guys have been hobbled all year. Their stud safety Roll has been hurt and I think left the game last week. Naz needs him to play. I’m not as well connected and don’t have any insight other than what you can see on gameday.

Reactions: ignazio
Brother Rice 49 Marian of the Heights 0: The Crusaders are definitely looking ahead to next week.

Marist 45 Carmel 7: Marist is definitely looking ahead to next week

Mount Carmel 49 Saint Viator 7: The Caravan are prepping for next week

Loyola 56 Saint Pat's 13: Loyola is prepping for next week

The Blue Division should not be playing Red and Purple Divisions!

Saint Rita 34 Providence 13: Not much of a sweat broken for the Ponies.

Nazareth 42 Montini 20: Where was this game 4 years ago?

Joliet Catholic 49 Benet 14: The JCA machine keeps on humming

Saint Laurence 17 Notre Dame 14: A competitive matchup! Going with Larry's in that they need to win to keep playoff hopes alive.

Saint Ignatius 42 Gordon Tech 0: Talk about a tune up game for Iggy's their week 9 clash

Marmion 44 Leo 6: Nothing to see here

Fenwick 49 Marian of the Sticks 12: Easy peasy for the Friars.

Hope 34 De La Salle 31: De La Salle down bad after last week.
The Crusaders will use this game as a scouting trip to see if they can pick up a transfer or two from Marian Catholic

Do you post about anything else or nah?

Let me know which school you support and I’ll let you know who transferred in.
I dont understand why brother rice fans get upset when people bring this subject up. Just own it. This year they got 2 stud senior transfers in vaughn and bowden. Why shy away from it embrace it. It's definitely been a trend under badke going all the way back to Arion lacy . They seem to get one or 2 difference maker jr or senior transfers a year. 4 of their best players this year were jr or sr transfers In boyer , vaughn , bowden , and fraizer.

I dont understand why brother rice fans get upset when people bring this subject up. Just own it. This year they got 2 stud senior transfers in vaughn and bowden. Why shy away from it embrace it. It's definitely been a trend under badke going all the way back to Arion lacy . They seem to get one or 2 difference maker jr or senior transfers a year. 4 of their best players this year were jr or sr transfers In boyer , vaughn , bowden , and fraizer.
I apologize for getting upset.

• Haha
Reactions: Gene K. and ignazio
going with all dogs tonight.
Confidence pool style:
SV
LEO
Hope
Marian Sticks
Marian Heights
DP
SP
CoM
ND
PC
MCHS

Hopefully we’ll all be home in time to catch the second half of the Sky game.

That's assuming there's nothing nefarious going on to get said transfers. We all know that ain't been the case under Badke
It’s actually players promoting a program, a school and a coach to other kids that aren’t happy with their current situation

Do they promote the 13k tuition or is that taken care of?
Every school that charges tuition gives their top players in every sport gravy, unless the family is financially sound. Their isn’t a school that can’t claim heavy financial aid isn’t given. While I agree I’ve scratched my head to the amount of high level transfers BR had got over the years, you can’t fire the tuition round at them as every school is carrying athletes .

If only it were recent vintage Montini & Naz teams...that game would get a ton of attention. Even me and @DeanOfSelection would go. Postgame in the west burbs.
I had that game circled when I saw schedule. Definitely lost its luster during the season. I ended up going to Viator. Nice hour and 15 drive to game.

Every school that charges tuition gives their top players in every sport gravy, unless the family is financially sound. Their isn’t a school that can’t claim heavy financial aid isn’t given. While I agree I’ve scratched my head to the amount of high level transfers BR had got over the years, you can’t fire the tuition round at them as every school is carrying athletes .
Please provide evidence. Ignatius, Loyola included? Benet?

Reactions: USD24
C’mon, provide evidence that schools give financial aid? Are you that nieve to think they don’t? With maybe a little extra to the athlete’s? Having two student athlete children that have already went through the process I can assure you that they do and I’m surprised you think they don’t.

Last edited:
I used to have fun with this. When I was a young man and coaching my kids in softball/baseball I started hearing about magnet/selective enrollment schools in CPS. The kids are like 4? At this time, they’re mid to lower 20’s now. So the talk about these schools intrigued me. I’m coaching so I’m not as intimately involved in these conversations as my wife. So as my wife and i talk, she keeps telling me how all these kids are “gifted” and they’re all going to these “gifted” schools. My bullshit monitor is right on all of this. My wife is eating it all up. I remember telling her that we must have the only “ungifted” kids in the park. We had already had our only major fight of our life and that was to send the kids to Catholic school. She wasn’t in favor of it. I told her I will not compromise, it’s the only argument I’ve ever won with her.

Flash forward ten years ,the kids start going to high school. Lots of the “gifted” kids are going to Catholic schools. I’m sure they all turned down the gifted schools that wanted them so badly. Low and behold my betrothed started telling me about every kid that was on full rides for athletics . At some point I told her I thought we were the only people in the neighborhood paying tuition.

I have no doubt some kids are getting money. I have no doubt some kids are getting bushels of money. I also know that talk is cheap and a lot of what hits your ears is lies.

BTW… my “ungifted” kids went to some of the best universities in the country and have turned out pretty well. Thank God they took after their Mother.

Last edited:
A few years ago MC advertised that 100% of students got some form of financial aid. Not sure if that is still the case and I’m sure that the amounts varied but it was still cool to hear that every student that walked in the door got some sort of help.
At MC
Alumni students- $1,000 off

Children of First Responders/Active Military- 1,000 off

Students who attended Catholic Grade Schools- $1,000 off

Numerous awards if exam score over a certain high %

Students over 6’0 that run under a 4.5 40, $5,000 off....JUST KIDDING ON THIS ONE! 😀😀

About that ranch.... Where can one pick up the deed?
Ugh. 8 turnovers for the Lions. A team that averaged 30 pts per game through week 5 has scored a combined 6 points in their last three games. I never thought Leo would come close, but I did think they would beat the e31 point spread. I don't think I want to know how much time was left in the game when Marmion scored their lone 4th quarter TD.

Last edited:
A few years ago MC advertised that 100% of students got some form of financial aid. Not sure if that is still the case and I’m sure that the amounts varied but it was still cool to hear that every student that walked in the door got some sort of help.
I revise my statement. We did receive some $ in the form of sibling discounts and alumni scholarships. Wasn't a lot, but I guess every bit helps.

100% out-of-pocket for my (3) that went through Carmel Catholic.

And I had a VB player who set career and single season individual records.

Zero discounts coming in, zero discounts throughout the journey.

Ugh. 8 turnovers for the Lions. A team that averaged 30 pts per game through week 5 has scored a combined 6 points in their last three games. I never thought Leo would come close, but I did think they would beat the e31 point spread. I don't think I want to know how much time was left in the game when Marmion scored their lone 4th quarter TD.
It wasn''t a bad beat on the spread. It was early in 4th. It was a sloppy game all around.

Leo is an interesting study looking in from the outside. With their enrollment, it looks like they are on the border of 1A/2A. I think they could play with most of those teams but given their schedule, which, on average, is essentially a 5A level schedule, they won't make the playoffs in a given year. I imagine if they played a 1A or 2A schedule, they would be travelling for hours on game night/day. Tough spot to be in.

Reactions: Gene K.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT