ADVERTISEMENT

SWSC and DVC merge

What happens with the 15th team schedule wise after week 2...defacto crossover with the odd man (#13) in the SW Prairie?

Why 3 divisions for 5 teams? So no one gets an auto bid? Also heard a lot of questions raised regarding both DeKalb and Bradley inclusion and the obvious distance etc.

One year agreement and a we will revisit to me means one year and an out clause

Reactions: MIKEFTB
Goff paints it like the merger was the SWSC idea, and maybe it was, but it sure seems like the DVC needs the SWSC more than the SWSC needs the DVC

Doesn't seem like this solves a lot of problems. 7 teams will still have a game to fill in weeks 3 through 9. That won't be easy.

I like the merger. I would be nice if they would pick up another team. I know its easier said than done. A lot of good football teams.

Maybe we can get LW East vs LW Central again in week 3. I miss going to that game. Scores aside, the whole stadium was full every time. But it does suck for Bradley, HF, and LW East to have to maybe go to Dekalb. What a hike on a Friday night.

Edgy, you said you know where Bradley would fo if they got the boot. It could happen next year when they revisit. Where do you think they would go jw. Thank you

Also what is the SW Prairie going to do about it's odd-# teams issue when Bolingbrook comes in? Might be a chance to do MSL-CSL like scheduling or do 7 4 team divisions similar to the CCL-ESCC.

Also what is the SW Prairie going to do about it's odd-# teams issue when Bolingbrook comes in? Might be a chance to do MSL-CSL like scheduling or do 7 4 team divisions similar to the CCL-ESCC.
West Aurora is leaving and being replaced by Brook. Numbers will stay the same

Someday I would like to find out exactly what all goes into a success factor calculation at a conference level.

Wins over the last 2 seasons and enrollment....that is how it looks to have been done.

If it were me I'd reach out to the Southland Conference which always needs to fill an extra Week 3-9 game and bring them into this mix as well. Get 3 conferences of Blue/Red/Green. Blue and Red have one crossover like the South Suburban Conference which seems to be the most stable of all the conferences in the south suburbs. Green stays separate and plays a full 7 game 8 team conference schedule.

Lowest team in the Blue and Red moves down each year and the conference champions of the Red and Green move up each year to create competitive balance. Thus, Bloom Twp may move down to the Green in Year 1, Rich Twp potentially in Year 2, and Metea Valley in Year 3...thus balancing out everything even more competitively.

Using the 50/50 success factor (wins over the past two years) and enrollment metrics the DVC and SWSC used to form this new conference here is what you'd get if you included the Southland.

Kind of interesting and I think better in my opinion.

SWSC/DVC/Southland Blue (One crossover vs. the Red)
1. Lincoln-Way East
2. Lockport
3. Sandburg
4. H-F
5. Neuqua Valley
6. Naperville North
7. Napverville Central

SWSC/DVC/Southland Red (One crossover vs. the Blue)
1. Andrew
2. Lincoln-Way West
3. Crete-Monee
4. Kankakee
5. Metea Valley
6. Rich Township
7. Bloom Township

SWSC/DVC/Southland Green (No crossovers)
1. Lincoln-Way Central
2. Bradley-Bourbonnais
3. Waubonsie Valley
4. DeKalb
5. Stagg
6. Thornwood
7. Thornton
8. Thornridge

They were placed in the Green for next year in reality based off the 50/50 system used so just placing them where they would fall.

Pretty sure they’d move up to the Red in a year or two in this setup.

They were placed in the Green for next year in reality based off the 50/50 system used so just placing them where they would fall.

Pretty sure they’d move up to the Red in a year or two in this setup.
The grouping were basef on enrollments and , performance from the 2 previous seasons.
Lincoln-Way Central has an official enrollment this year of 1960 and despite their success this season, they were 5-13 over the past two seasons
The other schools in the Green over the last 2 seasons with current enrollments are
BRADLEY 9-10 1877
DEKALB 8-11 1907
WAUBONSIE VALLEY 3-15 2462
STAGG 2-16 2479

Reactions: Nmccarty
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT