ADVERTISEMENT

Story: Football Moved to the Spring

Wrestling really gets screwed in this.
There is zero chance of a season with the November start date.

If there is any type of playoff, teams without a lot of scholarship seniors but very good juniors are going to benefit the most. Now if the NCAA moves signing day to say April instead of February than we have a different situation. Doubt that happens though since most states are going fall.
They may be trying to go with fall but I'm going to bet a lot of them back out or don't get to week three.

What is the prediction on how the postseason will look? Will they assign random 8 team quadrants ahead of time based solely on enrollment and geography? This could lead to some pretty drastic mismatches in the postseason.

Or will they let the season play out and rank everyone by wins and playoff points. Then break the teams down by enrollment and geography to group them? This would allow all the above .500 teams to be grouped together and placed into quadrants. And then I suppose they can do the same for the .500 and below to play in their own tournaments.

just not sure if the philosophy will be to just get everyone a chance to play and take the easy way by grouping the 8 teams in a class closest together. Or will it be to try to create some competition and have a little more meaning to the playoff quadrant “champion”

Kids are already announcing they're going to new schools.
‪Wonder what the schools that these athletes think they are going to be recruited by think of their character when they walk out on their teammates for a different school?‬

‪Wonder what the schools that these athletes think they are going to be recruited by think of their character when they walk out on their teammates for a different school?‬
Probably the same thing the NFL gm’s and coaches think about the college kids that sit out bowl games to avoid injury and prep for the combine. If a kid was being offered or seriously looked at by a school, they won’t pull the kids offer because he chose to transfer in order to play the game. Coaches want to win games and if a player can help them win games they’ll bring him in.

Probably the same thing the NFL gm’s and coaches think about the college kids that sit out bowl games to avoid injury and prep for the combine. If a kid was being offered or seriously looked at by a school, they won’t pull the kids offer because he chose to transfer in order to play the game. Coaches want to win games and if a player can help them win games they’ll bring him in.
When it comes to college football, big time college football anyway, character goes out the window too often.

Yes you’re right. I was thinking about the recruit who is borderline. The “star”guys will get offered no matter what.

Yes you’re right. I was thinking about the recruit who is borderline. The “star”guys will get offered no matter what.
The borderline guys who choose to transfer and hope to play somewhere are probably the ones who need the reps and tape for college coaches to evaluate and hopefully offer.

It appears a lot of people are thinking that the spring HS football events are going to actually occur. What if things are like they are now? No spring football or any other HS sports. Hope I'm wrong but !

Reactions: Kevin JCHS 81
If the kid is on that level, he would already have the offer. Needing to see more film is a nice way saying no offer!

Has there been a lawsuit, football related or not, yet?
Not football specific, but Tom DeVore filed against IHSA and JB few weeks ago, over legality of restricting sports and ability to enforce medical restrictions. Has not been ruled on yet.

Off the top of my head over the past couple years a senior QB from LZ (or one of the lincoln ways?), a senior running back from Indiana, and a senior lineman from Aurora come to mind. We all know the annual upper classmen recruiting $trategy going on over there, giving you grief for it is actually getting old. Can't wait to see who you sign for a 1 year (or 1 semester I suppose) deal for the spring season.
let me get this straight...
you are saying that coaches for BR activitly recruit kids from other HS?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT