ADVERTISEMENT

St. Rita 7 @ Mt. Carmel 38 F

Historically, our #1 rival was Leo, but their program has taken a different direction. Today, among older guys anyway, St Rita is the team we want to beat most. Rice is way up there, too.
He knows this. He likes chipping away. Feels good to be back in the Blue, best competition in the state, on the field and online

Reactions: Jenny27
Ha on Marica - I still think the Rita-MC rivalry is the best one on Southside due to the duration of it and some of the players who have participated. I always saw the Rita-MC rivalry as the cops vs firemen - granted Rice-Marist is good as well (But that one's more like lawyers vs accountants)

Ha on Marica - I still think the Rita-MC rivalry is the best one on Southside due to the duration of it and some of the players who have participated. I always saw the Rita-MC rivalry as the cops vs firemen - granted Rice-Marist is good as well (But that one's more like lawyers vs accountants)
It’s a blast. Nothing better than south side rivals, smack talk, bustin chops . All good and expected

We'll match our judges against yours any day.

The ones that participated in it for both teams do, except for Parker. Marica obviously is a troll, and a good one as he walks this thread where he wants it to go and of course where he took the Marist rice one. And of course you passively asking this you were actively expecting a certain response. But play ball. The nice thing is that your Frosh team and ours should be playing each other for all the marbles week 9 as your Frosh should beat MC by 20. Like @TheWizardofWoodlawn says ‘there are cycles’ . At least in 3 years we won’t have to read Marica posts. Congratulations to him/her on last year, this year and next year.
Got me. Yes rita and mc are huge rivals. Sure for older people even more so, rita dominating in the 70s was a long time ago.
Just saying on the field results don't match the off the field interest, see Auburn Alabama. Not really sure how the records don't prove my point to you.
Of course mc will have a down period, they always have. Win a couple down win a couple down win a few down.
Does that mean Rice and rita will win championships? Possibly.
Far as lower levels, yes very much an indicator of a strong future varsity. But not a guarantee, Rice 2018.

Reactions: RockSoup
The ones that participated in it for both teams do, except for Parker. Marica obviously is a troll, and a good one as he walks this thread where he wants it to go and of course where he took the Marist rice one. And of course you passively asking this you were actively expecting a certain response. But play ball. The nice thing is that your Frosh team and ours should be playing each other for all the marbles week 9 as your Frosh should beat MC by 20. Like @TheWizardofWoodlawn says ‘there are cycles’ . At least in 3 years we won’t have to read Marica posts. Congratulations to him/her on last year, this year and next year.
I don’t think BR will beat MC Fresh team by 20…..that was a really off day for that team, they had won 42-12, 58-0 and 37-7 before that. They have a lot of talent and a WR with big time talent. I don’t know why they played this one QB over the other one they have but I think that will he resolved this week….I think this MC Freshman first loss to Rita since Brandon Williams dominated his Fr year in 2011 I think. This SR Fresh team is very talented with the local talent, Hopkins came out swinging with recruiting but this happens with new coaches coming in. Jordan’s first recruiting year was the senior class that won last year, Coach Q first recruiting class was a very talented BR freshman team last year. It certainly does go in waves as stated above

All I know is when seeding went to 1 - 32, Rita has had very good deep runs and success in the playoffs.

Too bad that in the past, very good SR teams had to face the very talented MC or WWS teams in Round 2 because of stupid-ass quads.

And in 2015 (or was that '13?), Rita had a 4th quarter lead on MC in R2, but a last minute-type drive ended the season for Mustang. BTW, both teams were 9 - 1, which is totally fine for a R2 matchup.

I believe the score was 20 - 15. Anyway, last year, I "remember that time" Rita had a 4th quarter lead against MC in the playoffs, too.

All I know is when seeding went to 1 - 32, Rita has had very good deep runs and success in the playoffs.

Too bad that in the past, very good SR teams had to face the very talented MC or WWS teams in Round 2 because of stupid-ass quads.

And in 2015 (or was that '13?), Rita had a 4th quarter lead on MC in R2, but a last minute-type drive ended the season for Mustang. BTW, both teams were 9 - 1, which is totally fine for a R2 matchup.

I believe the score was 20 - 15. Anyway, last year, I "remember that time" Rita had a 4th quarter lead against MC in the playoffs, too.
That was 2013

That 06 loss was brutal. I'll consider 03 a moral victory only losing 24-7 I thought was going to be 49-0

‘03 was the “post Frankie Lenti Jr / Carmel of Mundelein” hangover team. BARELY got 5 wins after getting that monkey off our back. That team still might be the only MC team I can recall where you assumed they would get blown out against even just decent teams. Wade Weyer and Co. were kind to us that day.

‘06… yaaa you gotta make those extra points. That game and the subsequent title run became a jump-off point for like 10+ years of solid recruiting advantages for the mustangs.

The cycle has been consistent over a 100 games. Mc wins twice as much in the regular season and 80% of the time in the playoffs.
Yes, definitely overall, but many of Rita’s wins came in bunches. My point is that unless you think Rita is going to close its doors (and I don’t) they will be back (and maybe sooner than we’d like), so it’s more powerful to be humble. When you win by 30+ points you don’t really need to say much else. Denigrating a defeated opponent only reduces your perceived increase in status from that win. It was a solid W in front of many potential future players watching from the sideline, so we can both certainly be proud of that.

Lynch-4-President 2024

As most know I’m a fan of both programs but I have a serious MC ?

How do you deal with the BROWN? It is just soo hard to look at!

This was an actual conversation I had with my daughter….

She’s says “I want MC to win and I hope Maurice plays well.”
I say I’ll take the Mustangs then.
I then ask what she thinks about the Caravan brown. She said “horrible!”
😂

As most know I’m a fan of both programs but I have a serious MC ?

How do you deal with the BROWN? It is just soo hard to look at!

This was an actual conversation I had with my daughter….

She’s says “I want MC to win and I hope Maurice plays well.”
I say I’ll take the Mustangs then.
I then ask what she thinks about the Caravan brown. She said “horrible!”
😂
It's not just "brown," it's a dark chocolatey brown ... and, when paired with the shade of white on a wedding dress, the effect is brilliant.

If I could, I'd lend you an MC jersey for her to see up close.

Reactions: RockSoup
Yes, definitely overall, but many of Rita’s wins came in bunches. My point is that unless you think Rita is going to close its doors (and I don’t) they will be back (and maybe sooner than we’d like), so it’s more powerful to be humble. When you win by 30+ points you don’t really need to say much else. Denigrating a defeated opponent only reduces your perceived increase in status from that win. It was a solid W in front of many potential future players watching from the sideline, so we can both certainly be proud of that.

Lynch-4-President 2024
Back to what? The 70s? Thats the last time they dominated the series. Have you ever seen a list of the series results? How can you win in bunches but still have half as many total wins?
Rita will always be solid and will win state again, be great. Me pointing out the results aren't equal doesn't mean I don't root for kids from my neighborhood. Rita vs batavia, I'm all Rita.

Reactions: Gene K.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT