ADVERTISEMENT

So who wins the 2017 CCL Blue?

Loyola 50%
MC 20%
Provi 15%
Rice 10%
Rita 5%

If Rita wins more then one game, Kuska should win the Lawless award.

Loyola has to be the favorite, they've done a great job of reloading every year and their defense is always good.
LA - 52%
BR - 12%
MC - 12%
PC - 12%
SR - 12%

Games between these teams are usually pretty close and come down to 1 or 2 plays, the familiarity of the programs with each other lends itself to close matchups. SR will be just fine, we heard the same things last season after week 1 about them. They did ok and made playoffs.

Odds Shark has LA 5/7 and everyone else 12/1
Deano - I know MC lost a few to IMG again, but MC looks pretty darn good this year. A bunch back, including Thomas. They have speed all over the place and gave LA a great game last season. Are you sandbagging my friend? I am worried about the MC game this year. Also, it's going to be really difficult to replace baby-Gronk next year.

I am going to go out on a limb and say Brother Rice.

Plus - They have 65 freshman out for Football which doesn't mean anything for this year - but I like it anyways.

Reactions: lookoutforliam
I don't know where you all get the hunch LA is that good.
My sources in the retreat houses have said anything but that.

Also, word is out there that Roberto Clemente may be beatified soon.
Thus, may I be the first to welcome Blessed Roberto Clemente High to the Chicago Catholic League.

Plus - They have 65 freshman out for Football which doesn't mean anything for this year - but I like it anyways.

I would not even say that is going out on a limb. They have gone 3-1 in conference the last 3 years.

I would not even say that is going out on a limb. They have gone 3-1 in conference the last 3 years.
The last three years they have had top flight talent at the skills. Smalling, jones, houston valaday, lacy and Blaine . None of their skills are of that caliber this year. I see them going 2-2 in the blue.

You're a year away, especially if they start Sullivan over Bean...I say 5-4 this year but next year, barring injury, they'll be a force

LA
MC/BR
PC
SR
I think crusaders and caravan can go either way, if what I heard is true about Rice having a solid defense this season.

49-21. So what day are you presenting the trophy?

No doubt refref's preseason analysis was odd. But those types of posts are perfect. St. Rita's obituary was written a couple years ago on this site.
Long season ahead which will come down to senior leadership, staying healthy and protecting the football. Hopefully after 47 years of playing consistently winning football, Rita remains an afterthought in the Blue. Regardless, inside the family, we know it's still a great time being a Mustang.

Reactions: Stangs1991
i think refref was talking about Blue games which makes the prediction a little more reasonable, no?

i think refref was talking about Blue games which makes the prediction a little more reasonable, no?

Could be. Good point. And this year's team could go 1-8 or 8-1, week one games are not the best barometers for a season. But with 11 returning starters from a state playoff team, to simply discount them was like I said, odd.

Could be. Good point. And this year's team could go 1-8 or 8-1, week one games are not the best barometers for a season. But with 11 returning starters from a state playoff team, to simply discount them was like I said, odd.
SR will be fine. Last season after week 1 people were talking about how they wouldn't win 3 games. Loyola seems like the only team in the Blue that is head & shoulders above everyone else.

Reactions: RockSoup
SR will be fine. Last season after week 1 people were talking about how they wouldn't win 3 games. Loyola seems like the only team in the Blue that is head & shoulders above everyone else.

Well said. Even when we had a better idea where teams were talent wise in past years, anything could happen any given Friday night between the southland blue teams. This year seems even less predictable under LA

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT