ADVERTISEMENT

So what will happen? Expansion? Districts?

So what will happen?

• Playoff Expansion?

Votes: 12 11.8%
  • District/Regional scheduling?

Votes: 22 21.6%
  • Nothing?

Votes: 68 66.7%

• Total voters
First time posting , long time watching "edgytim"

I think that to keep Conference's being relevant they should expand them to ten teams making All games important so week 1 through week 9 matter as well as count for playoff point totals !

In the town halls the proposal received a positive vote by a majority.

I dont believe any of the town halls were in greater chicagoland. The one i know about in Macomb, it was supported 27-11 but all of those schools would fall into the 1A-4A outside chicago category

I dont believe any of the town halls were in greater chicagoland. The one i know about in Macomb, it was supported 27-11 but all of those schools would fall into the 1A-4A outside chicago category
I believe there was one in Algonquin.

First time posting , long time watching "edgytim"

I think that to keep Conference's being relevant they should expand them to ten teams making All games important so week 1 through week 9 matter as well as count for playoff point totals !
But then everyone would have the same amount of playoff points, so it would make playoff points pointless. Closed conferences don't help out anyone in the state right now

If all the CPS people vote no it has no chance of passing. But they have a history of not showing up.

Also, cut back the number of playoff teams as a 5-4 record for entry is just too diluted .

I know there are upsets each year but from a percentage how many of these teams advance past the first round ?

In IHSA Basketball, doesn't everyone makes the playoffs regardless of record or conference standings.

Sixteen team playoff brackets lets the best in and that's what a high school football playoff should be .....

The Best vs The Best !

JAO

If all the CPS people vote no it has no chance of passing. But they have a history of not showing up.
Agreed. I think the CCL/ESCC teams will vote no. But the world will not end if it passes. Instead of beating the crap out of each other you beat up strangers. I'm sure Kelly, Hubbard, Von Steuben, Lincoln Park, and Schurz are all going to love being crash dummies for MC and SR.

But if they are going to do District football go with 10 team districts. Making teams look for week 1 & 2 games defeats the purpose. And if those games don't count towards making the playoffs why bother playing them?

Last edited:
Reactions: Gene K.
In the past 5 years two 5-4 teams that I can remember won the state title. I believe I’ve seen plenty 9-0 teams eliminated in round 1 in the same time frame.

Also, cut back the number of playoff teams as a 5-4 record for entry is just too diluted .

I know there are upsets each year but from a percentage how many of these teams advance past the first round ?

In IHSA Basketball, doesn't everyone makes the playoffs regardless of record or conference standings.

Sixteen team playoff brackets lets the best in and that's what a high school football playoff should be .....

The Best vs The Best !

JAO

Were those 5-4 4A / 5A teams playing in a 6A/7A Conference ?

2015 A 5-4 Waubonsie beat 9-0 Edwardsville in round 1

2016 A 5-4 Waubonsie beat 9-0 Hinsdale Central in round 1.

2018 A 6-3 Waubonsie beat a juggernaut Bolingbrook in round 1 (did that one to get Bones all up in arms;))

All teams are 8A.

Reactions: Gene K.
Agreed. I think the CCL/ESCC teams will vote no. But the world will not end if it passes. Instead of beating the crap out of each other you beat up strangers. I'm sure Kelly, Hubbard, Von Steuben, Lincoln Park, and Schurz are all going to love being crash dummies for MC and SR.

But if they are going to do District football go with 10 team districts. Making teams look for week 1 & 2 games defeats the purpose. And if those games don't count towards making the playoffs why bother playing them?
Crash dummies..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT