ADVERTISEMENT

So today would have been....

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Kickoff 2020.

Yeah.

I was planning to put together some story discussing how this was suppose to be the start of the season today and all the excitement and buildup finally comes to an end and the games are decided on the field.

But I'm just not feeling it at all today.

Today I'm just sad and a bit bummed out and I'm pretty sure many of you can relate.

Seeing other states playing doesn't help and like you....I'm watching very carefully how all of this shakes out.

In the meantime I'm going to sit back, take things in and enjoy a few adult beverages...and as always the work never stops. I'll have a few new podcast this weekend and more stories.

Hey....just 27 more Friday's left (maybe?) until Kickoff.

Hang in there everyone.....this too shall pass.

This week and next have always been my favorite stretch of the year, with today and the first Saturday of college football being the pinnacle. Just a deflated feeling to it all right now.

Was thinking of driving to Indiana to watch Merrillville vs. Hobart but I can’t help but think sitting there wouldn’t feel right without the Illinois teams playing ball. Like almost a front row seat to what we’re going to miss out on.

Reactions: Gene K. and USD24
What game would you have gone to if the season started on time with the schedules remaining the same?

I just woke up from the weirdest, worst and longest nightmare; how did the HS football opening games go yesterday? I don't see any scores!

Not that you care but in my nightmare we were under attack from an invisible enemy and everyone had completely lost any and all of their common sense. And now there are no scores when I wake up.

Definitely a strange time..... usually each week builds to the next as teams show what they have... the fun, the excitement, the fall weather. It will be missed.

Do you think East side will get any heat from IHSA for playing. It will be interesting to see if they get any garbage from IHSA or IDPH. Hope not!
If I'm the IHSA, I feel like I have to punish them for playing. If you don't, you are basically saying that your "rules" don't matter.

• Wow
Reactions: Gene K.
East Side and CBC decided to play anyway - the Flyers drilled the Cadets 70-0 at Marvin Burks Jr. Memorial Stadium.

Just in case someone may take this seriously, this didn't happen. CBC season will not start until the first week of October if at all this fall. This is not a good joke as a lot of kids are hurt by not being able to play until the spring. Especially since there have been zero issues reported from Football.

Reactions: Gene K.
Just in case someone may take this seriously, this didn't happen. CBC season will not start until the first week of October if at all this fall. This is not a good joke as a lot of kids are hurt by not being able to play until the spring. Especially since there have been zero issues reported from Football.
Calm down, Francis.
Calm down, Francis.

I thought it would be abundantly clear that was satirical with the Marvin Burks Jr. Stadium reference.

I guess I should have signed it Alfred E. Neuman to for more clear.

I have not felt well these last two weeks.

Last week I missed the first meeting between Batavia/Montini.

This week I am missing Mt Carmel/Montini.

Hopefully a Frankies Deli sub will put a smile back on my face.

Reactions: Googertys Dog
I have not felt well these last two weeks.

Last week I missed the first meeting between Batavia/Montini.

This week I am missing Mt Carmel/Montini.

Hopefully a Frankies Deli sub will put a smile back on my face.
Lucky not to be 0-2

Lucky not to be 0-2

They may have been 0-2 but they seem to thrive when you tell them they cannot do something.

Has your team ever scheduled Maine South or East St Louis on its non-conference schedule?

They may have been 0-2 but they seem to thrive when you tell them they cannot do something.

Has your team ever scheduled Maine South or East St Louis on its non-conference schedule?
No but we've tried to schedule Montini a few times the last 4 years.

You know that answer. Nobody picked which color they were in. Naz scheduled powerhouse OOS teams the last 3 years. Why is it MCHS won't play. Not sure why they told Naz no, only to schedule a CPS school, only to have that school backout and then schedule Mt Carmel. When since joining the CCL did Montini schedule a powerhouse? Why get your panties in a bunch over a little joke. Isn't there some out of state players you should be stalking on social media.

• Haha
Reactions: epicbret
You know that answer. Nobody picked which color they were in. Naz scheduled powerhouse OOS teams the last 3 years. Why is it MCHS won't play. Not sure why they told Naz no, only to schedule a CPS school, only to have that school backout and then schedule Mt Carmel. When since joining the CCL did Montini schedule a powerhouse? Why get your panties in a bunch over a little joke. Isn't there some out of state players you should be stalking on social media.

LOL. I won't push it more since Naz is my 2nd favorite team

Calm down, Francis.

I thought it would be abundantly clear that was satirical with the Marvin Burks Jr. Stadium reference.

I guess I should have signed it Alfred E. Neuman to for more clear.
I recognized the name and you still did a fly-by on me until you explained it. :oops:
I did however fall into the camp of: if they did play a game or scrimmage against an out of state team, the the self-appointed King of Illinois would have soiled his undies. (And that's a lot of soil!)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT