ADVERTISEMENT

real talk... Is (B)East beatable?

n2f88

Jul 30, 2018
LWE guys, what is there weakness? Can they lose? Is there a team beating them this year?

From what I've seen, no. If they were to lose, it most likely would be due to them beating themselves, not anybody being better then them. Said before, a loss/not winning state would be a colassal failure. They're simply that good and deep.

I wonder if really bad weather for throwing could make their offense one-dimensional enough for a team to hang around for a while and get them at the end of a game due to a lucky break? That is a lot to count on, however.

Reactions: Cross Bones
Anyone remember LWE in 2011? They pretty much crushed every team like this years LWE team and the had HS player of the year. This board handed them the title after they beat Bolingbrook with Bailey, how did that year turn out?

Anyone remember LWE in 2011? They pretty much crushed every team like this years LWE team and the had HS player of the year. This board handed them the title after they beat Bolingbrook with Bailey, how did that year turn out?
Much different teams. The D on this year's squad is much better and unlike 2011 the offensive backfield is a legit threat. Bailey probably had 250 yards in the 1st half alone in 2011. And LWE had to put a DL at RB to generate some yards.

That said I would liken the situation to 2010 Simeon. They showed up to LZ lackidaisical and BS'd for 3 and 1/2 quarters before they woke up and realized they could lose. About half way through the 4th and down 21-0 they woke up and put up points in a hurry and had a chance to tie the game late.

So if LWE shows up not ready to play which wouldn't be too unusual for HS football, but would be unusual for LWE, they could lose.

Or maybe LWE beating the 2011 Raiders is the example we're looking for? Possibly 2013 Naperville C beating Loyola or even 2016 Maine South?

Reactions: Gene K.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT